Would you trade Romo for the #1 pick?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
KJJ;4943234 said:
That wasn't mentioned in the post I addressed but still the Chiefs would be foolish to make a trade for a soon to be 33 year old QB who has a 1-3 playoff record and folds in pressure situations. The Cowboys have a losing record under Romo the past 3 seasons if you have the #1 overall pick you're looking for a player who'll make a huge impact on your team and be around for the next decade not a 32 year old QB who could be on the way down in the next couple of years.

The Cowboys haven't made the playoffs with Romo since 09 so I can't imagine the Chiefs would be thinking he's just the guy to turn them around. Plus if you trade Romo this offseason there could be a pretty significant cap hit. I haven't looked into it but I believe there's some ramifications that could make trading Romo difficult.

You're ridicolous. Romo is easily a top 10 QB in this league and MAYBE even argubly top 5. Any coach will tell you that he is a great QB and if KC had the chance to trade for Romo they would. As someone already mentioned KC is not a scrub team, do not let the record fool you. You are right he has lost big games in the past (and most recently a few weeks ago)but he's also won a ton more that we should of lost. If Romo was traded to KC, that would propel them to being a strong contender or even favorite to win it all.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Future;4943130 said:
Or in 2012.

Yep.

If a top flight QB prospect is there, you have to.

The contract makes it a no brainer.

Just think. The skins and colts are only paying what.....25M for their QBs.

Think of what the difference could bring in free agency. Basically a free Brandon Carr.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I would and then I'd trade down for multiple other picks....trouble is finding someone to do that and in this draft not going to happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
cowboysooner;4943213 said:
If the #1 pick is a left tackle or defensive end who is about as good of a left tackle or defensive end as is available at #5, then those are going to be the values that people use. Every #2 pick is not RG3 who is worth #6 + 2 1's and a #2. This year the #1 pick is probably not going to get you a player as good as Matt Kalil.

You have no idea what kind of player the #1 overall pick will get you because the draft is a crapshoot. If the Cowboys a much more talented team than KC can't win more than 8 games in 3 years with Romo then what makes you think the Chiefs would be enthused enough to use the #1 overall pick as part of a trade for him?

What kind of value would it be for them to make that trade for a soon to be 33 year old QB who folds in pressure situations and has a losing record the past 3 seasons? Romo can't carry a team and if he can't help the Cowboys win more than 8 games in 3 years he certainly isn't going to be able to turn KC into a winner. They have a dreadful team and Romo would most certainly go bust there especially with their receiving corp.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
KJJ;4943256 said:
You have no idea what kind of player the #1 overall pick will get you because the draft is a crapshoot. If the Cowboys a much more talented team than KC can't win more than 8 games in 3 years with Romo then what makes you think the Chiefs would be enthused enough to use the #1 overall pick as part of a trade for him?

What kind of value would it be for them to make that trade for a soon to be 33 year old QB who folds in pressure situations and has a losing record the past 3 seasons? Romo can't carry a team and if he can't help the Cowboys win more than 8 games in 3 years he certainly isn't going to be able to turn KC into a winner. They have a dreadful team and Romo would most certainly go bust there especially with their receiving corp.

There are very good players in this draft, but there is not a guy who grades as a likely top 10 qb.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Supercowboy1986;4943252 said:
You're ridicolous. Romo is easily a top 10 QB in this league and MAYBE even argubly top 5. Any coach will tell you that he is a great QB and if KC had the chance to trade for Romo they would. As someone already mentioned KC is not a scrub team, do not let the record fool you. You are right he has lost big games in the past (and most recently a few weeks ago)but he's also won a ton more that we should of lost. If Romo was traded to KC, that would propel them to being a strong contender or even favorite to win it all.

Romo is a top 10 QB but he certainly isn't a top 5. You would think after the rotten egg he laid last Sunday some of you would have stopped with the nonsense by now. Romo is a very good "regular season" QB but he's not a "great" QB and isn't a good big game/playoff QB. Romo wouldn't be able to do anything in KC they're a mess. Romo has a losing record with the Cowboys the last 3 seasons so good luck with him turning KC into a winning team. Dream on!

If Romo was traded to KC, that would propel them to being a strong contender or even favorite to win it all.

This is coming from someone who called me ridiculous. :laugh2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RS12;4943242 said:
The problem with owning the number one pick in 2013 is nobody is going to give you three ones and a two for it. No franchise QB this year. Not as valuable as last year or next year.

No, but they might give you two 1s and two 2nds this year and next.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
KJJ;4943268 said:
Romo is a top 10 QB but he certainly isn't a top 5. You would think after the rotten egg he laid last Sunday some of you would have stopped with the nonsense by now. Romo is a very good "regular season" QB but he's not a "great" QB and isn't a good big game/playoff QB. Romo wouldn't be able to do anything in KC they're a mess. Romo has a losing record with the Cowboys the last 3 seasons so good luck with him turning KC into a winning team. Dream on!

Yeah, because you are. Watch some football. Stay small kid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
cowboysooner;4943251 said:
From the Chiefs point of view, they desperately need a quarterback. Tony Romo would get them closer to the super bowl over the next 3 years than Matt Flynn, Mark Sanchez or Alex Smith. Geno Smith is Alex Smith part deaux.

Trading Romo lightens our cap. He is going into the last year of a deal, so there is no more bonus to accelerate. Romo will cost $14-$17mm going forward.

How do you know Romo would get them closer to a SB than those QB's? A couple of them have led teams closer to a SB than Romo has ever gotten the Cowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
KJJ;4943268 said:

When Romo is not having to come from behind every game, he is a top 5 QB. When he can be comfortable in the pocket, he is as good a QB as there is in this league. The problem for us is that we don't have the talent to allow him to do that. Imagine how good Romo could be with a good young OL and a top 5 running game?

zack

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4943281 said:
When Romo is not having to come from behind every game, he is a top 5 QB. When he can be comfortable in the pocket, he is as good a QB as there is in this league. The problem for us is that we don't have the talent to allow him to do that. Imagine how good Romo could be with a good young OL and a top 5 running game?

No because even if you had a top QB prospect they would suck here because we have no running game and lack imagination on offense.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
KJJ;4943278 said:
How do you know Romo would get them closer to a SB than those QB's? A couple of them have led teams closer to a SB than Romo has ever gotten the Cowboys.

I don't know it for sure, but their odds go way up with Romo vs. Matt Flynn and Alex Smith who could not get anyone to pay them $10mm per year in a league that desperately needs qb's. Maybe all the GM's of qb needy teams like Arizona, Buffalo, Minny, Miami, KC, NYJ etc. are fools and Smith and Flynn are pretty good.

If Romo hits the open market, he won't be crawling back to us and accepting $8mm for 3 years to be benched in the middle of the season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Supercowboy1986;4943275 said:
Yeah, because you are. Watch some football. Stay small kid.

Look who's talking have you even watched the Chiefs this season? Dude they're a pathetic team that won 2 games all season. Most FANS here say Romo can't win in Dallas because he doesn't have the team around him. You think KC has a team he can win with? lol The comment below speaks volumes who's being ridiculous. That's has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on this board.

Supercowboy1986;4943275 said:
If Romo was traded to KC, that would propel them to being a strong contender or even favorite to win it all.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

ufcrules1

Reaction score

vpxe3o7tjl.jpg

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yes. No hesitation. Use that #1 pick to get as many picks as much leverage as possible for next year and then tradeup for Bridgewater.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
cowboysooner;4943300 said:
I don't know it for sure, but their odds go way up with Romo vs. Matt Flynn and Alex Smith who could not get anyone to pay them $10mm per year in a league that desperately needs qb's. Maybe all the GM's of qb needy teams like Arizona, Buffalo, Minny, Miami, KC, NYJ etc. are fools and Smith and Flynn are pretty good.

If Romo hits the open market, he won't be crawling back to us and accepting $8mm for 3 years to be benched in the middle of the season.

KC needs a young QB they can grow with into the future not a soon to be 33 year old QB who may only have 2-3 years left and has never been able to get it done in Dallas. Romo would not succeed in KC with the lack of talent that team has. Bowe is the only decent receiver KC has and he may not be back. They don't have a Jason Witten to help bail Romo out he would fail miserably in KC. What a silly debate this is. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4943281 said:

The argument I'm having is with those who think he can turn KC around. One FAN thinks the Chiefs could possibly win it all with Romo. :laugh2: You don't think Romo would be having to battle from behind in KC? Romo is a good QB that's not the argument but he's not a QB a dreadful team like KC needs to invest the #1 overall pick on. They already burned a #2 on Cassel a few years ago because he had success with a load of talent around him in NE.

If Romo can't win more than 8 games in 3 years with the Cowboys he'll never approach that number of wins in KC I can promise you that. Romo would be beat up every week in KC. For Romo to have success he needs a solid team around him offensively and defensively. He simply can't carry a bad team.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
KJJ;4943353 said:
The argument I'm having is with those who think he can turn KC around. One FAN thinks the Chiefs could possibly win it all with Romo. :laugh2: You don't think Romo would be having to battle from behind in KC? Romo is a good QB that's not the argument but he's not a QB a dreadful team like KC needs to invest the #1 overall pick on.

They already burned a #2 on Cassel a few years ago because he had success with a load of talent around him in NE. If Romo can't win more than 8 games in 3 years with the Cowboys he'll never approach that number of wins in KC I can promise you that. Romo would be beat up every week in KC.

I think in 2011 Romo would have been the 2nd best qb in the craptastic AFC. In 2012 he would have been 3rd. The pro bowl qb this year is Matt Shaub who is no great shakes. I think Romo would give them a top 5 AFC quarterback behind Brady and Manning and with- soon to be behind Big Ben and Luck. He is a better player than Shaub and Flacco.

KC has a better line than Dallas. They have better/more explosive back. They don't have a great receivers, but Cassel is so, so bad. If they had league average qb play, they would have been a better than average team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
zack;4943291 said:
No because even if you had a top QB prospect they would suck here because we have no running game and lack imagination on offense.

Don't disagree but I'm not talking about Romo here. I'm talking about what Romo might be able to do in KC behind their OL and their #5 rushing attack.

I think he could be really good in that situation. You know Pork Chop is going to run a WCO and that too would suit Romo well IMO.