Would you want McNabb in Dallas?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think I'm the only guy on the forum who likes him.
Not hardly Hos...those who attack McNabb and claim they wouldn't want him and that he's no good are just talking out of their butts. He's been to championships...He's a perenial all-pro...he's one of the top QBs in the NFL, and he's taken a Philly offense to the NFC championship year after year with a suspect supporting cast on offense.

I'd love to have a guy just like him in Dallas. This guy makes plays and knows how to take a team to a win at crunch time with his legs and his arm.

I hate the Eagles, but I have mad respect for the abilities of McNabb....so does Dan Marino and most other QBs who played the game, not that it would carry any weight with the homers and haters...lol.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
can someone give me one realistic scenario where McNabb could become a Cowboy?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
McNabb is built to run a West Coast Offense.
Check down your passing options.
Run when you have to.

I've seen him 5 times in training camp.

Without big gun players around him - he will not be productive.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
flashback said:
He sucks in Philly, though!! :iggles:

This may be because - now - they have no other big play performers other than him on the team.

The better players keep leaving.
The Eagles are structured to be a one monster player team - McNabb.
McNabb can't seem to win that one big game.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Not hardly Hos...those who attack McNabb and claim they wouldn't want him and that he's no good are just talking out of their butts. He's been to championships...He's a perenial all-pro...he's one of the top QBs in the NFL, and he's taken a Philly offense to the NFC championship year after year with a suspect supporting cast on offense.

I'd love to have a guy just like him in Dallas. This guy makes plays and knows how to take a team to a win at crunch time with his legs and his arm.

I hate the Eagles, but I have mad respect for the abilities of McNabb....so does Dan Marino and most other QBs who played the game, not that it would carry any weight with the homers and haters...lol.

Ok, back to reality..

McNabb is a big game no show. How many times does he have to fail when its all on the line before you realize this?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I think I'm the only guy on the forum who likes him.

Nah..I like him.

I don't think he is as great as some do....but a far cry better then some are willing to give him credit for IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I consider McNappie to be amoung the top 5, or so, QBs in the league. If we had an opportunity to get a QB like that, yes, I would be for it. McNabb is a pretty stand up guy in press conferences and the like. I was very impressed with his press conference after the Dallas loss. When asked if the loss was his fault he said, "Yes, all losses are my fault. I'm the leader of this team and I take full responsability for all losses period." Not bad I thought.

One thing thou. We would have to have it somewhere in his contract that he can not do that goofy dance thing anymore.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
What JonsKey said....the int. he threw looked like he was throwing to a spot and the wr went to the wrong place, there is no way he was throwing that to the wr where he went as opposed to a predetermined spot..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah...What DaHammer said!

I would rather have TWO Terrell Owens than ONCE McChokey.... OMG

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
McNabb is a good QB, but not great. A great QB can make average WRs look like pro bowlers, while a good QB needs big play WRs to make them look good. McNabb was blessed to have TO last year, and would be totally lost if Westbrook wasn't as good. Even though the Eagles were Superbowl contenders for the last 5 years or so, I wouldn't give McNabb full credit for their success. His inability to play under pressure would scare me away from him though, and he will always have that over his head until he proves he can lead the team to victory with the game on the line. So basically, if his team isn't up big in the last seconds, chances are, McNabb will find a way to lose the game for you.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
The stupidity on this forum is amazing. McNabb is the 2nd best QB in the NFL. There. I said it. Through half a season, he's got 16td passes to 8 ints and leads the NFL in pass attempts with that broken-up body of his. Dude is dragging himself onto the field week in and week out and doing this. Remember the game a few years ago when he was sick with a stomach virus and was literally throwing up on the field between snaps? That's the kind of player i want on my team. No offense to Drew Bledsoe, who has WELL exceeded my expectations this year, but i'd drive him out of Dallas PERSONALLY in my own car, on my own dime if we got McNabb.

Too bad McNabb's an Eaglet.

conner01

Reaction score
a healthy mcnabb is one of the top 5 or 6 in the league.drew fits what we want to do but if mcnabb abd drew had both been availible for the same money last year mcnabb would be our qb not drew.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:
The stupidity on this forum is amazing. McNabb is the 2nd best QB in the NFL. There. I said it. Through half a season, he's got 16td passes to 8 ints and leads the NFL in pass attempts with that broken-up body of his. Dude is dragging himself onto the field week in and week out and doing this. Remember the game a few years ago when he was sick with a stomach virus and was literally throwing up on the field between snaps? That's the kind of player i want on my team. No offense to Drew Bledsoe, who has WELL exceeded my expectations this year, but i'd drive him out of Dallas PERSONALLY in my own car, on my own dime if we got McNabb.

Too bad McNabb's an Eaglet.

Yet you have a picture of the Eagles choking as your sig. Don't you know that McNabb is the ultimate choker? For details, see Monday night. Besides, I wouldn't consider McNabb leading the NFL in pass attempts as a good thing. McNabb needs a good supporting cast around him for him to look good. Without one, he is average. Send him to the Texans and see how highly you think of him then.