Would you want McNabb in Dallas?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Yet you have a picture of the Eagles choking as your sig. Don't you know that McNabb is the ultimate choker? For details, see Monday night. Besides, I wouldn't consider McNabb leading the NFL in pass attempts as a good thing. McNabb needs a good supporting cast around him for him to look good. Without one, he is average. Send him to the Texans and see how highly you think of him then.

Oh please, that is the worst argument in all of sports. "he needs a good team around him, he looks good because he had a good team around him"

Well DUH. Good players make other players look and play BETTER. Stick ANY qb on the Texans and see how well they would do. One player does not a choking team make. Last time i checked, football was a team sport. Its amazing how many homers we actually have on this website; its almost like im reading extremeskins.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
See, I disagree that McNabb is "built for the West Coast Offense." In fact, I say just the opposite. This pass-happy, 3 and 5 step drop O is killing him. And he's not nearly as productive in the short passing game as he would be in a more ball-control, play-action, stretch the field offense.

What do Tom Brady, Matt Hasselback, and Joe Montana have in common. Average arms, but terrific accuracy and timing. Those guys are tailor made for the WCO. McNabb has a huge gun, but his accuracy is way inconsistent. Sometimes he'll put it right where he wants it on a seam route to the TE, sometime he's completely wiff on the little circle route to the RB. Also, his timing is nowhere near what we see from Brady, and some of the other WC QBs.

But what does he do well? He buys time. He throws on the run. He never gives up on play. Put him in BPs offense, where he's only throwing the ball 20 -25 times, and almost never throwing that little slant, or the WR screen, and his numbers would be much, much better. Protect him, move the pocket with a little designed half-roll, and send the WRs deep.

In the WCO, you've got to complete 65% of your passes to be successful, because so many of them are short of the first down marker. In a run-first, play-action offense, if you complete 60%, you're gonna kick ***.

I think McNabb would kick *** in Dallas.

And for the record, I think Bledsoe's doing a hell of a job, too. He just needs to realize that he doesn't have to do it on his own. I think he's getting there. And I have no qualms about him starting and delivering in big games. He did it when he was with BP in New England, and he did it in an AFC Championship game on the road. He's our QB, and he's much, much better than I was expecting, and a big reason why the Cowboys are in 1st place.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:
The stupidity on this forum is amazing. McNabb is the 2nd best QB in the NFL. There. I said it. Through half a season, he's got 16td passes to 8 ints and leads the NFL in pass attempts with that broken-up body of his. Dude is dragging himself onto the field week in and week out and doing this. Remember the game a few years ago when he was sick with a stomach virus and was literally throwing up on the field between snaps? That's the kind of player i want on my team. No offense to Drew Bledsoe, who has WELL exceeded my expectations this year, but i'd drive him out of Dallas PERSONALLY in my own car, on my own dime if we got McNabb.

Too bad McNabb's an Eaglet.

I have clearly stated that I am a big fan of Drews but I would pay for your gas if this was possible. I REALLY get a kick out these guys who claim he can’t win the “big” game. What would you call the NFC Championship game? Or any playoff game? How about some of his second half comebacks this year? Good Lord some of you people are clueless about talent. Would you also refuse to take Marino in his prime? Come on not winning the superbowl does not mean you are a talentless hack. McNabb is a class act on and off the field and ANY team is instantly better with him at the helm.

Jon

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
The stupidity on this forum is amazing. McNabb is the 2nd best QB in the NFL. There. I said it. Through half a season, he's got 16td passes to 8 ints and leads the NFL in pass attempts with that broken-up body of his. Dude is dragging himself onto the field week in and week out and doing this. Remember the game a few years ago when he was sick with a stomach virus and was literally throwing up on the field between snaps? That's the kind of player i want on my team. No offense to Drew Bledsoe, who has WELL exceeded my expectations this year, but i'd drive him out of Dallas PERSONALLY in my own car, on my own dime if we got McNabb.

Too bad McNabb's an Eaglet.

Yeah...he SHOULD have that many TD's as many times as he has thrown the ball this year.....HELLO!

How many more 0-12 in completions before a completion do we need to see? He's NOT the 2nd best in the league. How many of his passes go to his WR's? I'd imagine that they are the happy ones right now.

There's been too much emphasis on the pass this year.....and they've gone nowhere. 4-5 being pass-happy. If he were the 2nd best, they shouldn't be 4-5.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please, that is the worst argument in all of sports. "he needs a good team around him, he looks good because he had a good team around him"

Well DUH. Good players make other players look and play BETTER. Stick ANY qb on the Texans and see how well they would do. One player does not a choking team make. Last time i checked, football was a team sport. Its amazing how many homers we actually have on this website; its almost like im reading extremeskins.
Heeyyyy!!!! :ref:Flag on the play!!!

Ease up on the offensive language...

I consider comparing the Zone to extremeskins offensive an almost-bannable offense.

:wink2: :laugh2:

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Yeah...he SHOULD have that many TD's as many times as he has thrown the ball this year.....HELLO!

How many more 0-12 in completions before a completion do we need to see? He's NOT the 2nd best in the league. How many of his passes go to his WR's? I'd imagine that they are the happy ones right now.

There's been too much emphasis on the pass this year.....and they've gone nowhere. 4-5 being pass-happy. If he were the 2nd best, they shouldn't be 4-5.

Exactly Jim... thank god some of these guys arent making personnel decisions for this team.

McNabb is a lousy leader in big games. He's not even that good in non big games these days.

As long as Drew keeps playing at this level he's my QB until he decides to quit because HE IS A BETTER QB!!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
flashback said:
See, I disagree that McNabb is "built for the West Coast Offense." In fact, I say just the opposite. This pass-happy, 3 and 5 step drop O is killing him. And he's not nearly as productive in the short passing game as he would be in a more ball-control, play-action, stretch the field offense.

What do Tom Brady, Matt Hasselback, and Joe Montana have in common. Average arms, but terrific accuracy and timing. Those guys are tailor made for the WCO. McNabb has a huge gun, but his accuracy is way inconsistent. Sometimes he'll put it right where he wants it on a seam route to the TE, sometime he's completely wiff on the little circle route to the RB. Also, his timing is nowhere near what we see from Brady, and some of the other WC QBs.

But what does he do well? He buys time. He throws on the run. He never gives up on play. Put him in BPs offense, where he's only throwing the ball 20 -25 times, and almost never throwing that little slant, or the WR screen, and his numbers would be much, much better. Protect him, move the pocket with a little designed half-roll, and send the WRs deep.

In the WCO, you've got to complete 65% of your passes to be successful, because so many of them are short of the first down marker. In a run-first, play-action offense, if you complete 60%, you're gonna kick ***.

I think McNabb would kick *** in Dallas.

And for the record, I think Bledsoe's doing a hell of a job, too. He just needs to realize that he doesn't have to do it on his own. I think he's getting there. And I have no qualms about him starting and delivering in big games. He did it when he was with BP in New England, and he did it in an AFC Championship game on the road. He's our QB, and he's much, much better than I was expecting, and a big reason why the Cowboys are in 1st place.

McNabb isn't suited for the WCO, if anything it has limited him. McNabb isn't Mr. Pin-point Accuracy, which is more of a premium in a WCO. McNabb's game is suited for a more vertical passing offense. Remember Randall Cunningham? That's the skillset mcnabb possesses, except he's not quite the runner Randall was. He's got the good wheels, and he's got the big, big arm. McNabb would be deadlier than he already is if Andy Reid wasn't in love with throwing 5-yard passes.

And to the poster who said this:

"How many more 0-12 in completions before a completion do we need to see? He's NOT the 2nd best in the league. How many of his passes go to his WR's? I'd imagine that they are the happy ones right now.

There's been too much emphasis on the pass this year.....and they've gone nowhere. 4-5 being pass-happy. If he were the 2nd best, they shouldn't be 4-5."

Hello, are you WATCHING nfl football this year? The guy is playing with what is normally an injury that would wipe you out for 10 weeks, and yet he's still putting up the numbers. And as for 4-5, its not his fault their defense sucks. Its not his fault they have no running game. Get a grip. Thank god some of YOU arent making personnel decisions for the cowboys.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hello, are you WATCHING nfl football this year? The guy is playing with what is normally an injury that would wipe you out for 10 weeks, and yet he's still putting up the numbers.

Please, we all saw how much his injury was bothering him when he was doing that stupid dance in the endzone. When he choked again at the end of the game it was all about how much he was hurting. Give me a break.

He may very well have a "sports hernia" whatever the hell that is but thats not why he sucks. He just sucks.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I was very impressed with his press conference after the Dallas loss. When asked if the loss was his fault he said, "Yes, all losses are my fault. I'm the leader of this team and I take full responsability for all losses period." Not bad I thought.

Thats all well and good, but Id rather have a guy who can win than one who takes the blame for losses

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Thats all well and good, but Id rather have a guy who can win than one who takes the blame for losses

Me too. Tell me, exactly who is that guy?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Manning, Brady are 1 and 2 hands down, then you can make some arguments for Mcnabb as 3

And I am not impressed he has the msot pass attempts, that menas he throws a lot, wow

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Really, Manning hasn't won a thing yet. You play for championships, not second place. Brady, well, he was available for anything higher then a 6th round choice but we didn't pull the trigger. Where were you then?

McNappie is a good QB. He hasn't won anything but then agian, he's not done either. Having said that, I'd bet that if you told BP or JJ that McNabb would be available at the beginning of this season, he would have been signed. He's a good QB. That's the fact of the matter IMO.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Me too. Tell me, exactly who is that guy?

I just dont see how him taking the blame was overly impressive. I would much rather him saying someting like " I saw Roy Williams standing there by himself, so I threw it away and we won the game"

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Manning, Brady are 1 and 2 hands down, then you can make some arguments for Mcnabb as 3

And I am not impressed he has the msot pass attempts, that menas he throws a lot, wow

As far as talent goes, Brady isnt even top 10

Brady is an elite QB because of his poise and his ability to simply win no matter what.

Talent wise, McNabb makes Brady look like a 3rd grader with a limp

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Brady, well, he was available for anything higher then a 6th round choice but we didn't pull the trigger. Where were you then?

That doesnt even make sense. Are you asking why I didnt draft Tom Brady in the 5th round?

He is a good QB, not bad, not great. 100% hypothectically, if we went after him in a trade, I would be very against it

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
That doesnt even make sense. Are you asking why I didnt draft Tom Brady in the 5th round?

He is a good QB, not bad, not great. 100% hypothectically, if we went after him in a trade, I would be very against it

I'm pointing out that there is no scientific way of determining which QB will win on any given year. You said that you'd rather have a QB who won rather then one who would take the responsability of losses. I'm saying, I agree. Show me how to determin which one will be the winner.

The way he carried himself in the press conference was admirable IMO. I don't see any reason to detract from McNabb because he's a stand up guy for the Eagles.