Wow, Skins fans now comparing themselves to....

RedskinsOne

Benched
Reaction score
Holloway805 said:
Hey SinsandTerps, uh I mean SkinsandTerps, do you buy into this article?

I, RedskinsOne, do hereby declare that the mighty Wasington Commanders will win the NFC championship game, just like in 1983 January by thrashing the Cowboys, and then onward to the SB championship.

The Commanders will return home in glory, to a fine parade, and they'll be congratulated by Bush, a Texan!

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
RedskinsOne said:
I, RedskinsOne, do hereby declare that the mighty Wasington Commanders will win the NFC championship game, just like in 1983 January by thrashing the Cowboys, and then onward to the SB championship.

The Commanders will return home in glory, to a fine parade, and they'll be congratulated by Bush, a Texan!

haha, give me a break. You know he's a Cowboys Fan. There's no way you get to the most powerful position in the US by complaining about penalties to the media like Gibbs does. Commanders come in last place this year. :nana:

playit12

Reaction score
TX_Yid said:
Stats can be manipulated to tell you anything you want to hear.

If you want to know the real story, watch the teams play.

It's not that I don't believe that you can learn something valuable from watching the teams play, but to just out right dismiss all statistical anaylsis is pretty far off too.

Stat's don't lie... and they don't say anything you want them too. Stat's are a valuable tool to find trends and coorelations. The trick is for the reader to understand which stats are important and coorelate strongly to the actual result claimed.

If you think that DCs across the league don't run extensive statistical sheets on each player they face you are crazy. I'm sure they know exactly what routes and types of coverages they have faced. What do they like to run on third down? Where do they throw most timing routes?

As for this discussion we are interested in wins, or rather predictive wins. So if you take each of the values we have discussed (yards per game, points per game, turnover differential, time of possesssion, average starting position, ect...) and you compare them to every win in say the last 5 years, which stat is around the most often on the winning team?

So comparing my stats to that of SkinsandTerps, Yards given up per game does not in fact have a strong coorelation to wins or losses, however turnovers does. That's why it's a more valuable stat, and why they NFL's ranking of offenses and deffenses on just yards is stupid.

By the way how many times over the last two years has BP brought up some stat in his press conferences as something we need to improve upon? I'm not the only fan.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
The Colts will probably beat the injury depleted Pats by 3 TDs. Not the other way around.

Yeah just like every year right?

bsheeern

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
They have a potent passing attack with weapons coming from everywhere. But other than that they can barely move the ball.[.
Read those two sentences and tell me if they go together to make a valid point!

SkinsandTerps said:
The Boys gave up two scoring drives where the Raiders marched down field for over 70 yards.

Wrong! They threw a pass to Moss for about 68 yards one one of those drives. Did you watch the game or are you looking back at some stat sheet too try and make your point?

SkinsandTerps said:
The same Aaron Glenn that has had the least amount of balls thrown his way this year ? The same Glenn that has only had 7 passes on him completed ?

Hey stat boy he only plays about 15 plays a game. That's like saying your 3rd down running back is a better back because he had a higher Yard per Carry for the season than the starter. I beginning to wonder at this point if you even watch football or do you just read the Box Scores.

SkinsandTerps said:
The Commanders saw a play they could make and went for it. Desperation, sure. Luck somewhat. But TWICE ? When the game is in the balance. Thats folding. Glenn does play on the defense right.

Part of that is right but the main point your not seeing is that we dominated and controlled that game.

SkinsandTerps said:
But as of now they are a little overrated.

I think you mean to say "Rated-over" instead of "Over-rated", as in you know we are #1 in the division so we are rated ahead of you. Try and keep up with the over all wins and losses of both teams and I gurantee we will be in the playoffs and the skins will finish below .500 and last in the division. That's a prediction.

bsheeern

Reaction score
RedskinsOne said:

Maybe in Madden 06 on the XBOX.
Your team will be very fortunate to be .500 by the middle of the season.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
BillsFan said:
Yeah just like every year right?

Exactly. The Pats have been dominant for 3 of 4 years. But that off year they didnt even make the playoffs.

The Bills hold the record for consecutive SB appearances. Tell me how that went. I am sure that some Cowboys and Commanders fans can help you with an answer.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
bsheeern said:
Read those two sentences and tell me if they go together to make a valid point!

Wrong! They threw a pass to Moss for about 68 yards one one of those drives. Did you watch the game or are you looking back at some stat sheet too try and make your point?

Stopped right there and realized that you are just a blind homer.

Derinyar

Reaction score
The skins are winning with smoke and mirrors right now. Half of the passing yards to one player, unless thats Santana's older brother, that is a worrysome stat. Does one really believe a 2000 yard WR for a QB thats going to throw right around 4000 yards? Does one really belive a 2000 yard WR in the first place?

The three most important stats are simple.

Points scored per game
Points allowed per game
turnover margain

In those the Skins don't look too good, other than points allowed per game.

playit12

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

How come you responded to everyone else and not me? You did say review and get back to you... I have.

And by the way... Because a team gains most of their yards in receptions does not make an offense one dimensional. The Eagles run a modified West Coast Offense. It is predicated on the idea of yards after the catch for both the recievers and running backs. The eagles best running backs will often line up as recievers in fact. They accomplish all the goals of a more balanced run vs pass offense (like the cowboys) including making the defense keep line backers up to the line of scrimage (both to contain McNabb and to spy the running back out of the pocket) and to keep the defense from using corner blitzes and or safety blitzes (by running screen passes into the flats and through use of the TE down the field). A balanced offense is one that can't be countered through a simple scheme. The Eagles, in that regard, have a very balanced offense.

Reaction score
The Cowboys D has only played 2 good games of D. How much did they let San Fran score on them? I'm just saying your D is pretty inconsistent and is getting better...but it is nowhere near what some experts are saying it is. You got a shutdown corner that was the laughingstock in the league last year. Newman is playing with a chip on his shoulder and Ware is going to be pretty good.

bsheeern

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Did you really stop right there or were you just not able to come up with anything intelligent to say????????
Good Cop-out

bsheeern

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
The Cowboys D has only played 2 good games of D. How much did they let San Fran score on them? I'm just saying your D is pretty inconsistent and is getting better...but it is nowhere near what some experts are saying it is. You got a shutdown corner that was the laughingstock in the league last year. Newman is playing with a chip on his shoulder and Ware is going to be pretty good.
1+1+1=3 not 2
Skins, Giants, and Eagles games we played very very good Defense.

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
1+1+1=3 not 2
Skins, Giants, and Eagles games we played very very good Defense.

...okay...well lets see. .95+1+1= 2.95

Not exactly 3 is it.

Anyways thats only half of your games...consistency is really what good defenses have.

SkinRamon

Reaction score
EndGame said:
The difference they're missing is that, with the exception of the game against the Rams, the Colts offense hasn't scored much because they haven't HAD to. However, they're fully capable of going off when necessary, as we saw against the Rams. The Commanders, however, are not.
Are you sure about that?

bsheeern

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
...okay...well lets see. .95+1+1= 2.95

Not exactly 3 is it.

Anyways thats only half of your games...consistency is really what good defenses have.
Hey man you can skew it anyway you want but we played good defense in those games.
IF you want to cut it down into halves then I'll take the 2nd and 4th quarters against the Bolts, the 2nd and 3rd against the Raiders and the 3rd and 4th against the 49ers. 1-4 against the eagles and Giants and 1-3 against the skins.

VirusX

Reaction score
threadsucks.jpg

:laugh2:

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
Hey man you can skew it anyway you want but we played good defense in those games.
IF you want to cut it down into halves then I'll take the 2nd and 4th quarters against the Bolts, the 2nd and 3rd against the Raiders and the 3rd and 4th against the 49ers. 1-4 against the eagles and Giants and 1-3 against the skins.

Do whatever you want with the quarters i dont care. All i know is that they're incosistent.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Ints - with a depleted secondary.
FF - No excuse.
TT - Again with a deleted secondary.
PPG - Seems pretty good.
Sack - Well we all knew this would happen, team play a lot more max protect against the Commanders at this point.

The Commanders O has helped the Commanders D this season. A lot more than you have obviously noticed.

Take some time, think about it and get back to me.

I think Washington is a pretty good D, but I think as a team they are overrated. I will definately take your word for it based on teh fact you have seen the Skins play alot more than I have this year.

I take your argument about how easily you guys could be 5-0, but at the same time, it could easily be the other way. I think everyone is a bit of a homer in their own right, and after 5-6 games, it's still a bit too early to tell who really is for real and who isnt.

IF Dallas is as good as many of us believe, myself being one of them, we will put the doubt aside. Same for Washington. IF you guys are sitting htere at 6-4, 7-3, I'd believe you guys are pretty good too. We'll see how everyone continues to grow.

Again, WHY THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DRAFT CAMPBELL?