News: WP: CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

superonyx

Reaction score
Really, that's now the case anywhere in the world. See "safe" Paris, London, or wherever as examples.
Add the fact that there are 350 million people in the US and the odds go up too.
Sadly.
And yes, saying it sux is a massive understatement.

Current laws (if followed...which is naïve) should actually prevent what happened in Vegas. But the lunatic didn't care about laws just as someone with an explosive doesn't care either.
There ARE some basic things that should be done regarding guns that should at least make it harder to occur.
Common sense type stuff.
Our per capita gun death rate is 500% higher than France.
You were saying?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That is about Trump not conservatism unless of course you are equating Trump to US conservatism. If you want to say they are anti-Trump then sure. That does not make them a liberal bias as there are conservative outlets that do the same thing.

Google some more.
Try reading it before you automatically deflect it........ MSM = alt Left ......according to Harvard and NYTimes

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Try reading it before you automatically deflect it........ MSM = alt Left ......according to Harvard and NYTimes

I was responding to your 90% claim. Nothing less and nothing more. You ignored my argument so I can assume you have no rebuttal.

That articles doesn't even say alt left. Have any more misleading statements for us today or are we going to see you deflect from your poor arguments by attacking me personally again like yesterday?

You need to learn to manage frustration better btw.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You were saying?
was not just talking about guns. Also the topic (at least that I was referring to) was not gun death rates but mass murders via gun and other means.

And yes, some places are certainly safer than other...I assume new Zealand and Canada are, for example.

Anyway, I'm not here to defend anything really.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
What news station do you watch between Duck Dynasty and NASCAR races?

I apologize. That one was hitting a little too close to the trailer house huh? I never mean to hit a man below his tooled leather belt.

Whatever, that was funny.

I think perhaps your skin might be a tad too thin for this board.
I bet a lot of those Americans killed at that Country Music Festival in Las Vegas
- liked Duck Dynasty
- liked NASCAR
- lived in a trailer
- wore a tool belt for a living

but those are Scarlet Letters to you and your buddies and deserve to be mocked.......... you really are like the woman from CBS

Sorry if I don't feel like joking around with a couple bigots

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I bet a lot of those Americans killed at that Country Music Festival in Las Vegas
- liked Duck Dynasty
- liked NASCAR
- lived in a trailer
- wore a tool belt for a living

but those are Scarlet Letters to you and your buddies and deserve to be mocked.......... you really are like the woman from CBS

Sorry if I don't feel like joking around with a couple bigots

Trump fan accusing everyone else of bigotry for laughing at a redneck joke made about him.

These are amazing times we live in

superonyx

Reaction score
was not just talking about guns

The evidence is overwhelming that show less guns and more strict gun regulations equal less mass shootings. Less shootings in general. Less suicides etc.

There is no such thing as perfect I get it.
But we have so far to go to even get to good when it comes to gun violence in our country.
The rest of the civilized world have already figured it out.
....then you have us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You were saying?
Calculated gun death rates are always skewed my including suicides. Suicides should not be included because even if guns were gone, most of those deaths would have still occurred by some other means. Where is my proof of that? Look at Japan, the suicide capital of world and not a gun to be had.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Trump fan accusing everyone else of bigotry for laughing at a redneck joke made about him.

These are amazing times we live in
A bigot making redneck jokes in a thread about similar people that were murdered and other bigots were fired for making jokes about them........ amazing

superonyx

Reaction score
Calculated gun death rates are always skewed my including suicides. Suicides should not be included because even if guns were gone, most of those deaths would have still occurred by some other means. Where is my proof of that? Look at Japan, the suicide capital of world and not a gun to be had.
I agree.
So backing out the suicides and only looking at the Homicide rates brings it to 1700% greater death rate per capita in the US vs France.

1700%

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
A bigot making redneck jokes in a thread about similar people that were murdered and other bigots were fired for making jokes about them........ amazing

Funny how rednecks think a joke about being a redneck is bigotry, but have no problem with political allies oppressing, beating, or killing minorities or marching around with tiki torches and khakis screaming racist **** at the top of their lungs, and running people over in their Dodge Challengers.

The alt-right sure is sensitive.

Special

Little

Snowflakes

The sooner we purge you asshats out of my party the better.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Funny how rednecks think a joke about being a redneck is bigotry, but have no problem with political allies oppressing, beating, or killing minorities or marching around with tiki torches and khakis screaming racist **** at the top of their lungs, and running people over in their Dodge Challengers.

Special

Little

Snowflakes

Funny how liberal elitists think anyone that votes GOP is a redneck

I was born and raised in Washington DC, went to Georgetown University, lived in Boston for 10 years and with my Italian American heritage own a pizza parlor in Maryland(liberal heaven)..... that all screams redneck............. and you are still a bigot

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think everyone realizes that France is less violent than the US overall.
Due to primarily gang violence, the US is very high across the board in violent crime. It is sad and shameful, no doubt.

anyway fwiw, here are the comps between the US and France

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/France/United-States/Crime/Violent-crime
If anyone is interested, here's a more through list of worldwide intentional homicide rates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

wow, some of these places are mind-boggling.

The USA is 94th highest rate overall out of 213 countries.

The nations in Central and Southern Africa, the Caribbean, Central and South America tend to be the worst by a large margin.

Last edited:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Funny how liberal elitists think anyone that votes GOP is a redneck

I was born and raised in Washington DC, went to Georgetown University, lived in Boston for 10 years and with my Italian American heritage own a pizza parlor in Maryland(liberal heaven)..... that all screams redneck............. and you are still a bigot

I am not a liberal elitist, i'm just not a racist redneck that thinks everyone that isn't a Trump fan must be a gay muslim feminist antifa limp-wristed weenie.

I am a Republican from a Texas oil family that despises the white nationalist bull**** Trump has brought with him to the White House, which will make it even harder for Republicans to hold on to the senate and the Presidency in the coming years.

Interesting (and very telling) that the only part of that post that you took issue with was the "redneck" bit.

visionary

Reaction score
Good. What she wrote was disgusting. I mean, what is going through someone's mind when they write something like that? As despicable as it is to feel that way, how does your brain not filter out you openly airing such a reprehensible viewpoint???

I guess the same thing that goes through some people's minds when they vote in favor of 'gun rights' after seeing the dead bodies of innocent children

Apparently ignorance rises above petty politics

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Special

Little

Snowflakes

I've seen the Alt-right use the Las Vegas shooting to shame NFL players who knelled. Because they are "disrespecting" the police of tried to stop the shooter in Las Vegas. Using the shooting to demand that NFL players stand for the Anthem. Yet, won't respect or care enough for law enforcement enough to reduce their risk of dying by gunfire, by trying to create gun control in this country. Or make limit ammo, so someone can't load of an assault rifle with unlimited ammo and go on a mass shooting rampage.

Making police have to endanger their lives, by running in and stopping someone with a gun, that lax gun laws allowed a person to have. Which is actually going to do more to reduce the risk to cops lives. Boycotting peaceful protests or trying to restrict guns in this country and who gets them.

Peaceful protests = Boycott the NFL, fire all of the players. America is being disrespected. Even though no one is physically hurt by this.

Asking for guncontrol, where actual American lives are at stake, including police =*shrug* nothing can be done about it, Thoughts and prayers.

The same ones accusing others of getting too emotional over gun control, are the same getting angry over peaceful protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.