Eddie Kennison - Kansas City
Chris Henry - Cincinnati Off-Field Problems
Koren Robinson - Green Bay

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2108683 said:
Youre comparing Glenn and jones thats nice. One is an accomplished receiver that has had multiple 100o yard seasons. the other is considering being cut by a team that needs WR.

hes been given every chance to succeed and he has failed. I would rather give our guys a chance to succeed. At least they can say they have improved every year they have been in the league.

Matt Jones can say that Del Rio all but gave up on him by deactivating him and has already put Troy 'I couldn't break Minny's WR squad' Williamson ahead of him on the depth chart.

Do you actually count on anything from Terry Glenn?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2108711 said:
I am comparing and old injury prone guy with bad knees that still requires new surgery to a young WR with a lot more upside. TG has been healthy for 3 season out of his 12 year career i'd rather not depend on him this year. Every chance to succed? I beg to differer i thought it was common knowledge that WR is the hardest position for young players to learn mind you he was a 1st round pick but he is making the transition for QB to WR. So i have no problem with having this guy on our team instead of Terry Glenn. TG can go the way of a race horse that hurts it leg.

Oh he definitely needs work on his route running and hands. Even in three years hes not very good in those respects but that is not what his big problem is.

He lacks mental toughness. He shies from contact on the perimeter and doesn't like to run inside routes. For a man his size that is pretty sad but it is what it is.

Also from what i have heard he hasn't taken to the coaching in Jax well. Now that may be as Stash says a reflection of the Jags and not Jones but its just another concern into what so far has been a big bust in Jacksonville.

i would much rather have Stanback, Austin and Hurd have their chance becasue our coaching staff is high on them and they deserve a shot after all the time we have invested in them.

i doubt jones is even in the league in 2009.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon;2108716 said:
Wide Receivers currently on the market

Name - Former Team

Peerless Price - Buffalo
David Givens - Tennessee
Eddie Kennison - Kansas City
Chris Henry - Cincinnati Off-Field Problems
Koren Robinson - Green Bay

Some list...........

:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2108751 said:
Much more than i do with Jones.

That's your prerogative.

I think he's done and I'm not interested in a repeat of "the waiting game" he and the team played in 2007.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2108750 said:
Oh he definitely needs work on his route running and hands. Even in three years hes not very good in those respects but that is not what his big problem is.

He lacks mental toughness. He shies from contact on the perimeter and doesn't like to run inside routes. For a man his size that is pretty sad but it is what it is.

Also from what i have heard he hasn't taken to the coaching in Jax well. Now that may be as Stash says a reflection of the Jags and not Jones but its just another concern into what so far has been a big bust in Jacksonville.

i would much rather have Stanback, Austin and Hurd have their chance becasue our coaching staff is high on them and they deserve a shot after all the time we have invested in them.

I'd say the same thing for 5-catch Austin.

This team has plenty of kick return candidates and that's what's been keeping him around thus far.

No longer.

And I don't think they "deserve" anything.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2108750 said:

I'm not worried about that stuff a change of scenery makes these little things meaningless.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2108760 said:
I'm not worried about that stuff a change of scenery makes these little things meaningless.

Sorry but coming to Dallas isnt going to suddenly stop making him a pansy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2108767 said:
Sorry but coming to Dallas isnt going to suddenly stop making him a pansy.

If you say so however having TO there with him will affect him a lot and help him grow. Besides a deep threat like Jones will be great and having him in the Goalline area will be an asset a 6'5 WR with his size and speed that we can get for peanuts i say why the hell not.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2108758 said:
I'd say the same thing for 5-catch Austin.

This team has plenty of kick return candidates and that's what's been keeping him around thus far.

No longer.

And I don't think they "deserve" anything.

We have kept them on the roster and given them tons of practice reps in our system to develop them. Its not so much a thing of deserve as it is a poor use of resources. We should just throw all that away for the pansy? When the coaching staff keeps saying they are high on them?

If they cut him i have no issue bringing him in. TC can be his last stop in his NFL career, but wasting a draft pick on a guy that more than likely is going to be cut anyway is not very smart.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2108775 said:
If you say so however having TO there with him will affect him a lot and help him grow. Besides a deep threat like Jones will be great and having him in the Goalline area will be an asset a 6'5 WR with his size and speed that we can get for peanuts i say why the hell not.

He doesnt use his size effectively thats the problem. Oh so now TO is going to make him not a pansy....

Whatever the guy shies from contact and youre basically going to have to browbeat him to change even for a little while.

No thanks.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2108785 said:
He doesnt use his size effectively thats the problem. Oh so now TO is going to make him not a pansy....

Whatever the guy shies from contact and youre basically going to have to browbeat him to change even for a little while.

No thanks.

So you mean to tell me you don't think TO style of play or work ethtic won't work start to have an impact on him.

I think he can be more than a fine WR actually.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
stasheroo;2108052 said:
Do you have someone else in mind that you would prefer or would you rather simply go with the young receivers currently on Dallas' roster?

Yes I would

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2108793 said:
So you mean to tell me you don't think TO style of play or work ethtic won't work start to have an impact on him.

I think he can be more than a fine WR actually.

It may make him work hard but its not going to make him not afraid of contact. Hes not mentally tough. its just one of those things where you either are or are not.

Hes not.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think him shying away from contact is that big of a deal its a bigger deal to actually see a WR thats willing to stick his head out there take the hit and make the catch.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2108804 said:
It may make him work hard but its not going to make him not afraid of contact. Hes not mentally tough. its just one of those things where you either are or are not.

Hes not.

can you provide me a source or link that says this or is this something you just came up with.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2108780 said:
We have kept them on the roster and given them tons of practice reps in our system to develop them. Its not so much a thing of deserve as it is a poor use of resources. We should just throw all that away for the pansy? When the coaching staff keeps saying they are high on them?

Don't forget that your "pansy" had better numbers than any of the three young ones we have - and during a season of being deactivated at that.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
If they cut him i have no issue bringing him in. TC can be his last stop in his NFL career, but wasting a draft pick on a guy that more than likely is going to be cut anyway is not very smart.

I think it would penny wise and pound foolish to do that.

You run the risk of another team claiming him and not getting him.

A 6th round pick is nothing to this team given what they've got coming next year.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The guy is struggling to make it on a team that has a bunch of receivers who are on par with what the team already has.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2108804 said:

Hes not.

Marvin Harrison hates contact too, as well as many others, they're still able to be good receivers.

Alvin Harper wasn't an "inside receiver" either, but he contributed.