WR Update. Amari vs the Cowboys Wrs

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
y pointvis we could afford all of them if we had dumped Dak a long time ago
That doesn't make any sense. Unless you think Rush is going to somehow start over Prescott. 200 yards isn't going to cut it against the better teams.

Ken

Reaction score
yup, cooper is playing better overal and doesn’t have the drops last night that ceedee did….but for the dollar savings lamb is a better value….so bad we didn’t spend those dollars on anyone to make the team better
Cooper had two big drops last game. One on 4th down and one on 3rd down that almost hit him in the face. Doesn't include the one that was called back after he ran out of bounds for at least 6 steps.

blueblood70

Reaction score
YES once agian

Amari 1 catch 9 yards 4 targets man Those dividends paying off
Gallup coming oiff injury Early, 2 penalties against him, a first down catch and a td...

Lamb 6 catches 97 yards 1td

brown 3 for 61

Gallup 2 for 24 but impacted with td , PI, and 1st down

id say our WRs are still doing better..

just ac vs lamb since those say he can't be a 1 for 2022 4 games

Amari 20- 228 2td

Lamb 23-288 2 td

keeping it real..we still don't miss AC.. it wil get better once dak is back as well and add Washington in few weeks our WR room will be fine.

terra

Reaction score
For whatever reason Dak seemed to be unable to really connect with Cooper. Not like Romo was able to with Dez. So bluntly speaking letting him go was probably the only real move the Boys had.
Now the way in which they did it was idiotic...

terra

Reaction score
Cooper had two big drops last game. One on 4th down and one on 3rd down that almost hit him in the face. Doesn't include the one that was called back after he ran out of bounds for at least 6 steps.
for the forever Jerry fan - Ceedee had a pretty big drop as well; but of course your incessent defense of Jerry does not allow that to factor in.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Rush’s connection with Brown has saved the WR room. Also, Lamb is averaging over 90 yards a game with Rush at QB. With Gallup back, I’m excited to see what the addition of Washington can bring.

Proof

Reaction score
NO ACs money technically went to sign Gallup, Washington and reup Brown, our WR group thats here now. those moves were made, the haters keep saying we didn't use the money to upgrade, my posts shows otherwise.

that's not upgrading. two of the three were already here. it's essentially replacing coop w/ tolbert and washington.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
YES once agian

Amari 1 catch 9 yards 4 targets man Those dividends paying off
Gallup coming oiff injury Early, 2 penalties against him, a first down catch and a td...

Lamb 6 catches 97 yards 1td

brown 3 for 61

Gallup 2 for 24 but impacted with td , PI, and 1st down

id say our WRs are still doing better..

just ac vs lamb since those say he can't be a 1 for 2022 4 games

Amari 20- 228 2td

Lamb 23-288 2 td

keeping it real..we still don't miss AC.. it wil get better once dak is back as well and add Washington in few weeks our WR room will be fine.

I had no problem with them getting rid of Amari since you can't tie up all that money to WR position and with Lamb needing a contract soon. I just thought they should have done better than a 5th. There have been lessor players that yielded better draft capital.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For whatever reason Dak seemed to be unable to really connect with Cooper. Not like Romo was able to with Dez. So bluntly speaking letting him go was probably the only real move the Boys had.
Now the way in which they did it was idiotic...
really 2018 -2020?? lmao sometimes its just that the qb sees the other player open more within that play call

Lamb was out top wr in 21 and looks to be headed that way again. 1200yard 8tds etc sems very cooper like for coops career that all he brings not like an elite #1 getting 1350 plus and 12td type seasons(dez ). we saved 16+ mil and my point has been or WR core is still good, haven't lost anything so far.. just have NOT..
Browns more than made up for ced and Gallup will have nice season. should get something from Washington when he gets back,

blueblood70

Reaction score
that's not upgrading. two of the three were already here. it's essentially replacing coop w/ tolbert and washington.
Nope that not the point you move up and not lose anything.

please stop AC is not missed its about total WR productivity as group as 2022 group we are NOT losing anything save 16+mil, you do not understand we may not be better but we are not worse off and saved huge cap money,.SMH..

thats the POINT, letting coop walk is a good decision period. let it go going 3-4 wide and ignoring the run game has not been workig ..we do not need that type of WR group we had last year i mean where did they all go against the 9ers..?? Moore can't control himself and Jerry made sure we had solid WR core but not giving Moore too much to go overthink his pass happy play calling.

this version of our team will be more balanced and better . moves made were the correct ones. its all right there in from of you..jeez we are 3-1 coops not been needed ..debate over he would not have made us better then 3-1..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I had no problem with them getting rid of Amari since you can't tie up all that money to WR position and with Lamb needing a contract soon. I just thought they should have done better than a 5th. There have been lessor players that yielded better draft capital.
still NO they had deadline to not owe him more guaranteed bonus money and not one team offered better draft capital AND take all his salry.,it was the right move. stick to fandom not GM and Pro football business., if they held onto AC longer for better draft capital, they would eat more dead money, they did this for good reason.

Ken

Reaction score
for the forever Jerry fan - Ceedee had a pretty big drop as well; but of course your incessent defense of Jerry does not allow that to factor in.
Yup, i defend Jerry.

I killed Ceedee for the drop too.

Ceedee has made up for it since that egregious drop vs the Giants...cooper had 1 catch for 9 yards last game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its not they CHOSE TO KEEP Gallup, pay him less ,promote Lamb to 1 and Noah to a solid 3 ore then replaces Ced, all working out. snaps going to different people now,. Noah was barely getting real wr targets and now hes getting a lot,

its called a promotion they decided they can do it without AC and its proven out the correct move,

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why don't you do an honest assessment and compare 2021 offense production with 2022 offense production. And don't give me any Cooper Rush excuses either since he passed for 325 with last years group.

This is a tired comp which has no bearing on whether the Cowboys should have kept Amari or not!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup, i defend Jerry.

I killed Ceedee for the drop too.

Ceedee has made up for it since that egregious drop vs the Giants...cooper had 1 catch for 9 yards last game.
I lie these Monday mornings.

Next old post ill dig out all those that hated Rush 4 weeks ago said he was trash..next Tyler is a raw reach of a project and contradicted jerry draft sheet where they had Tyler Higher then the other 2 OL on their board..LOL wait the ones saying would regret letting RG go and no way Fowler and Armstrong could make up for his loss.

shall i go on the Crows cant be served up quick enough

Shane612

Reaction score
For what Amari did for the cowboys, he was worth about $10,000,000.00 per in NFL value.
Maybe he'll be actually worth $20,000,000.00 per with the Browns.
Note: he had one catch for nine yards against the falcons yesterday.

Ken

Reaction score
Steele was already here as well...but he had a progress stopper in front of him.

Have to remove the impediments.

Ken

Reaction score
I lie these Monday mornings.

Next old post ill dig out all those that hated Rush 4 weeks ago said he was trash..next Tyler is a raw reach of a project and contradicted jerry draft sheet where they had Tyler Higher then the other 2 OL on their board..LOL wait the ones saying would regret letting RG go and no way Fowler and Armstrong could make up for his loss.

shall i go on the Crows cant be served up quick enough
I said Rush was trash, no doubt.

However, i was on board with Tyler, just wanted to see him play. Very pleased.

Also was happy that Gregory was gone. I am pleased with he results so far and the biggest reason I was happy (Williams) hasn't even done anything yet.