Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
I noticed the crowd last night was definitely very lively and that was very good to see.

It's always that way on the RAW after Mania. Smarks travel from all across the world to get to WrestleMania, then typically stay for the next-day RAW. This is never your typical crowd, it's the really hard core fanatic smarks to a great degree.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Numerous possibilities and they had that enormous pay-off teed right up for them and just couldn't see the forest for the trees.

YR

Looks like they did pretty good anyway.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-31-breaks-records-27247604

SANTA CLARA, Calif.WrestleMania 31 became the highest grossing live event in WWE history and broke the attendance record for Levi’s® Stadium. This year's Show of Shows grossed $12.6 million, as 76,976 fans from all 50 states and 40 countries converged on the home of the San Francisco 49ers.

The previous attendance record for Levi’s® Stadium was 70,799, and WrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium in 2013 held WWE’s prior record for gross revenue at $12.3 million.

“On behalf of the cities of Santa Clara and San Jose, we would like to thank all the fans that came from around the world to be part of WrestleMania 31,” said Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews. "We congratulate both WWE and Levi’s® Stadium on their historic achievement."

“We are thrilled that WrestleMania 31 has set the standard for all future events held at Levi’s® Stadium. None of this success would have been possible without the support of Mayor Matthews, Mayor Liccardo and the San Francisco 49ers, as well as our public and private sector partners that worked tirelessly to support all of our regional WrestleMania Week activities," said John P. Saboor, WWE Executive Vice President, Special Events. "We now turn our attention to the Dallas/Arlington region for what will surely be a historic WrestleMania 32.”

WrestleMania 32 takes place on Sunday, April 3, 2016 from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

Top Ten All-Time Attendance Records at WrestleMania:

1. 93,173: WrestleMania 3, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, March 29, 1987
  2. 80,676: WrestleMania 29, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, April 7, 2013
  3. 80,103: WrestleMania 23, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan, April 1, 2007
  4. 78,363: WrestleMania 28, Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida, April 1, 2012
  5. 76,976: WrestleMania 31, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California, March 29, 2015
  6. 75,167: WrestleMania 30, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA, April 6, 2014
  7. 74,635: WrestleMania 24, Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida, March 30, 2008
  8. 72,744: WrestleMania 25, Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas, April 5, 2009
  9. 72,219: WrestleMania 26, University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona, March 28, 2010
  10. 71,617: WrestleMania 27, Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia, April 3, 2011

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Looks like they did pretty good anyway.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-31-breaks-records-27247604

SANTA CLARA, Calif.WrestleMania 31 became the highest grossing live event in WWE history and broke the attendance record for Levi’s® Stadium. This year's Show of Shows grossed $12.6 million, as 76,976 fans from all 50 states and 40 countries converged on the home of the San Francisco 49ers.

The previous attendance record for Levi’s® Stadium was 70,799, and WrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium in 2013 held WWE’s prior record for gross revenue at $12.3 million.

“On behalf of the cities of Santa Clara and San Jose, we would like to thank all the fans that came from around the world to be part of WrestleMania 31,” said Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews. "We congratulate both WWE and Levi’s® Stadium on their historic achievement."

“We are thrilled that WrestleMania 31 has set the standard for all future events held at Levi’s® Stadium. None of this success would have been possible without the support of Mayor Matthews, Mayor Liccardo and the San Francisco 49ers, as well as our public and private sector partners that worked tirelessly to support all of our regional WrestleMania Week activities," said John P. Saboor, WWE Executive Vice President, Special Events. "We now turn our attention to the Dallas/Arlington region for what will surely be a historic WrestleMania 32.”

WrestleMania 32 takes place on Sunday, April 3, 2016 from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

Top Ten All-Time Attendance Records at WrestleMania:

1. 93,173: WrestleMania 3, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, March 29, 1987
  2. 80,676: WrestleMania 29, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, April 7, 2013
  3. 80,103: WrestleMania 23, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan, April 1, 2007
  4. 78,363: WrestleMania 28, Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida, April 1, 2012
  5. 76,976: WrestleMania 31, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California, March 29, 2015
  6. 75,167: WrestleMania 30, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA, April 6, 2014
  7. 74,635: WrestleMania 24, Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida, March 30, 2008
  8. 72,744: WrestleMania 25, Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas, April 5, 2009
  9. 72,219: WrestleMania 26, University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona, March 28, 2010
  10. 71,617: WrestleMania 27, Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia, April 3, 2011

Most of those numbers are super over-inflated. The Pontiac Silverdome number is a joke. They didn't even come close to 93,000

This is also presented by the WWE which is always looking for ways to improve confidence in their stock.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's always that way on the RAW after Mania. Smarks travel from all across the world to get to WrestleMania, then typically stay for the next-day RAW. This is never your typical crowd, it's the really hard core fanatic smarks to a great degree.

With any luck that should carry over to Smackdown also.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
guys..anybody..is blading intentionally cutting yourself in wrestling?

the reason I ask is because I read today Brock did that at WM?

isn't that something they wouldn't want?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
guys..anybody..is blading intentionally cutting yourself in wrestling?

the reason I ask is because I read today Brock did that at WM?

isn't that something they wouldn't want?

Oh yes!

"Blading" goes back a long, long way.

There's an old saying in pro-wrestling... "Red equals green". In other words blood means money.

When you see a wrestler with a scarred up forehead, then you know they're "bladers". Guys like Brusier Brody, Abdullah the Butcher and Ric Flair were some of the best bladers of all time. But there were guys in 50's and 60's that were constantly blading.

The WWWF/WWF/WWE has never been big about blading... Not like the NWA or AWA. But there have been times when Vince allowed blading... I have some videos from the 80's with "Big John Studd" and Andre where you can clearly see Andre blading himself and then hiding his blade into his trunks.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think I have seen him once maybe..in some months of watching.

They do like the badass stuff..like last night.

I do kinda think Brock probably is a bad bad man..like RUN if you piss him off so maybe don't. Haha.

He was when he first came out. Then he went to the UFC and got rocked by dudes. For those familiar with him, he lost his 'beast' aura than.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Oh yes!

"Blading" goes back a long, long way.

There's an old saying in pro-wrestling... "Red equals green". In other words blood means money.

When you see a wrestler with a scarred up forehead, then you know they're "bladers". Guys like Brusier Brody, Abdullah the Butcher and Ric Flair were some of the best bladers of all time. But there were guys in 50's and 60's that were constantly blading.

The WWWF/WWF/WWE has never been big about blading... Not like the NWA or AWA. But there have been times when Vince allowed blading... I have some videos from the 80's with "Big John Studd" and Andre where you can clearly see Andre blading himself and then hiding his blade into his trunks.

hey thanks! That sounds painful but I guess if you do it enough you are cutting scar tissue!

HHH has that ugly forehead thing going on. Maybe he did that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hey thanks! That sounds painful but I guess if you do it enough you are cutting scar tissue!

HHH has that ugly forehead thing going on. Maybe he did that.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

Like many things in wrestling, too much of one thing, like blading makes it (blading) too hum-drum and doesn't create the amount of heat it potentially could.

Bloodshed was rampant in pro wrestling in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The old-time WWF manager Freddie Blassie, was nick-named the "Vampire" when he was an active wrestler in California during the 60's, because of the amount of bloodshed in his matched. There were even promotional shots of him filing his teeth.

One place you usually didn't see bloodshed was on TV matches... understandably.

But one of my earliest pro-wrestling experiences was watching a tag-team match on TV that featured a pair of native American wrestlers (or sorta native American wrestlers– pro wrestling was known for taking a guy and making him whatever heritage they wanted) as faces vs. a heel tag team and that heel team was just drenched in blood when the match ended... And here I was, probably 6-7 years old watching one team beat another team to a bloody pulp... you can imagine the affect it had on me! LOL!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

Like many things in wrestling, too much of one thing, like blading makes it (blading) too hum-drum and doesn't create the amount of heat it potentially could.

Bloodshed was rampant in pro wrestling in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The old-time WWF manager Freddie Blassie, was nick-named the "Vampire" when he was an active wrestler in California during the 60's, because of the amount of bloodshed in his matched. There were even promotional shots of him filing his teeth.

One place you usually didn't see bloodshed was on TV matches... understandably.

But one of my earliest pro-wrestling experiences was watching a tag-team match on TV that featured a pair of native American wrestlers (or sorta native American wrestlers– pro wrestling was known for taking a guy and making him whatever heritage they wanted) as faces vs. a heel tag team and that heel team was just drenched in blood when the match ended... And here I was, probably 6-7 years old watching one team beat another team to a bloody pulp... you can imagine the affect it had on me! LOL!

Brock had that bad cut on his forehead & those small cuts on his face last night. Roman comes out looking like a male model. I bet Brock did do that..

you guys amaze me with all your wrestling knowledge!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are a couple "blade" shots...

Flair was always blading...

RicFlair.jpg

Maybe no two wrestlers shed more blood against each than did Brody and Abdullah...

BrodyAbdullah.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EWWW..that's nasty! I can see why they don't want that!

LOL!

It had it's place.

It was probably the #1 thing that brought the heat out in a match.

But, with the various diseases you could get from another person's blood, the whole blading thing gradually went away.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
LOL!

It had it's place.

It was probably the #1 thing that brought the heat out in a match.

But, with the various diseases you could get from another person's blood, the whole blading thing gradually went away.

I don't like that! I'm way too much of a foo foo girl!