Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

CashMan

Reaction score
The whole PPV made sense to me... except HHH and Sting. Though Sting is a little long in the tooth I thought he and HHH were putting on a fine match. Then DX showed up to back up HHH. And then the NWO to back up..... Sting? o_O

Seriously... o_O

If anything it should have been the 5 guys on the WCW roster that never joined the NWO.

Hey it was cool to see the old guys get into it with each other. Kudos to Hall for taking the back drop on the floor with replacement hips. I hope he bought the extended warranty. But it all was entirely unnecessary.

Sting should have won this match. There is no logical reason IMO for him not to have. Not HH winning, extending the olive branch hand shake then basically run him down later with Steph in the ring (way I took it). This screams Vince and his massive need to stroke his equally massive ego.

I think this PPV, shows how out of touch Vince is. nWo is not relevant, nor was Sting in the original nWo, which is why it made no sense. Hulk and Sting had a rivalry. DX is so anti-The Authority, that made no sense. So, all this time leading up, they say really nothing about WCW vs WWE, then all of a sudden, when DX comes out, all Cole can say is, this is DX saying we won the Monday Night wars. What?!? WCW won those, even though they went out of business. I was tuning into WCW on Monday night, and during commercial break was going to WWF.

if Wrestlemania, is going to turn into HHH's buddies doing this stuff, it is going to go down hill pretty quick.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This was a good WM but it clearly shows the problem WWE is facing right now - improper use of existing talent and underdevelopment of storylines and existing talent. My gosh the number of guys who have been "retired" for a long time that showed up is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I enjoy seeing them again just not in involved in matches "on the biggest stage of them all" when their prime years are long since over.

I think it is a mixture of underdeveloping talent also. Most of the matches included a wrestler that was a part of another era with the exception of the IC ladder match. It is going to be a sad day when all of the older wrestlers hang them up. WWE may have to be forced to go back to TV-14, just so these new wrestlers can some sort of pop.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sting is my favorite wrestler, but I have to say, he looked every bit his age. That drop kick at the beginning of the match was not good, I turned to my wife and was like, he looks old. His entrance made no sense, should of been relevant and bigger and badder. His hair looked terrible. I do not understand why they didn't address it. Don't get me started on the DX and NWO interruptions, they were horrible.

I enjoyed that match.

Im not a Wrestling junkie.. I watch Raw maybe 5 times a year for about an hour and I will watch Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania.

Maybe if you're a hardcore fan it could be upsetting but I was entertained.

I was just upset that Sting lost.. He's my 2nd favorite wrestler all time behind HBK.

CashMan

Reaction score
ohh..I would not like that. I like the black stuff more...

Within the first few minutes, he climbed the rope, and walked along it and came down on the guys shoulder blade, like classic Taker. When he laded, you could tell, he was in pain.

CashMan

Reaction score
I enjoyed that match.

Im not a Wrestling junkie.. I watch Raw maybe 5 times a year for about an hour and I will watch Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania.

Maybe if you're a hardcore fan it could be upsetting but I was entertained.

I was just upset that Sting lost.. He's my 2nd favorite wrestler all time behind HBK.

I can not say I am hardcore, I probably watched the same as you, but Sting coming back, and Punk before that, got me interested. I am 30, and the last time i ordered a PPV, I was probably like 18.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can not say I am hardcore, I probably watched the same as you, but Sting coming back, and Punk before that, got me interested. I am 30, and the last time i ordered a PPV, I was probably like 18.

Im 29 so we grew up watching the good WWE and WCW.

HBK and Emmitt Smith are my 2 biggest idols growing up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you have championship match where the champion doesn't get pinned nor submits and still loses the title... :rolleyes:

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that since it took a sledge hammer to beat him and then HHH showed respect for him, which I get why it was done in real life, its two legends showing respect for each other but story wise dude just won by cheating, seemed kinda off. But I'm hoping they have a straight up match where foreign objects will disqualify and they rematch either tomorrow at raw or soon. I read a news story earlier and sting said that this was probably his last match but if HHH asked him to do a summer slam or other main events he would be open to it. I guess sting will be on raw tomorrow to either close the storyline or hopefully extend it.

Even though sting lost and it really seemed like it was a way for wwe to stick it to wcw one last time it was still a fun, awesome match in my opinion. I went nuts when the NWO music came on. Love Scott hall and Kevin Nash.

Yeah I marked out when the NWO music hit even though it didn't make a ton of sense why the guy who was always against the NWO came to save him lol. Would have been more believeable if DDP and Goldberg came out.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I think this PPV, shows how out of touch Vince is. nWo is not relevant, nor was Sting in the original nWo, which is why it made no sense. Hulk and Sting had a rivalry. DX is so anti-The Authority, that made no sense. So, all this time leading up, they say really nothing about WCW vs WWE, then all of a sudden, when DX comes out, all Cole can say is, this is DX saying we won the Monday Night wars. What?!? WCW won those, even though they went out of business. I was tuning into WCW on Monday night, and during commercial break was going to WWF.

if Wrestlemania, is going to turn into HHH's buddies doing this stuff, it is going to go down hill pretty quick.

If DX had came out and sided with Sting.... that would have actually made sense. That actually would have been kinda amazing if DX turned on HHH, Michaels with a superkick setting up the Sting win. With the Sting vs nWo fued I do not think they could ever rectify the leap in logic for them to come out to Stings rescue.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
So you have championship match where the champion doesn't get pinned nor submits and still loses the title... :rolleyes:

Yep it was a way to get the belt off of Lesnar while still making him look strong. No way did the WWE want Reigns to win after the backlash they received from the Royal Rumble.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Sting is my favorite wrestler, but I have to say, he looked every bit his age. That drop kick at the beginning of the match was not good, I turned to my wife and was like, he looks old. His entrance made no sense, should of been relevant and bigger and badder. His hair looked terrible. I do not understand why they didn't address it. Don't get me started on the DX and NWO interruptions, they were horrible.

I'm with you! Surprised that they didn't address his bald spot...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep it was a way to get the belt off of Lesnar while still making him look strong. No way did the WWE want Reigns to win after the backlash they received from the Royal Rumble.

I don't think it makes him look strong. It looks contrived because he won't put someone else over. And it doesn't do much for the reputation of the belt.

CashMan

Reaction score
I'm with you! Surprised that they didn't address his bald spot...

He got into shape, looked fairly good, except that bruise under his arm, and HHH had one on his ***/leg, my wife said maybe they did that in practice, and the make up wore off. I LOLed. As for his bald spot, yeah....It did not look good, he has old man hair, I thought they were going to address this before he got on TV, then it kinda looked like his hair was darker in one of his appearances, so I was like, maybe they see it as an issue, and are addressing it. They when he was wrestling, his hair looked sooo pooofy, and the spot looked horrible.

You spend sooo much money on a guy, and you do not go all out. Like, comeon, I specifically bought the PPV, to see him. They gained a customer, because of that. And I am sure, I am not the only one.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I don't think it makes him look strong. It looks contrived because he won't put someone else over. And it doesn't do much for the reputation of the belt.

Ok maybe I shouldn't have said strong but him not getting pinned didn't really make him look weak. He did dominate the match and all...