Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

CashMan

Reaction score
Ok guys..I've seen pics from WM...the daylight totally ruined the show. I agree with whoever said that. That stuff needs to be in an enclosed stadium. End of story.

I agree, but I think that would limit, attendance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think this PPV, shows how out of touch Vince is. nWo is not relevant, nor was Sting in the original nWo, which is why it made no sense. Hulk and Sting had a rivalry. DX is so anti-The Authority, that made no sense. So, all this time leading up, they say really nothing about WCW vs WWE, then all of a sudden, when DX comes out, all Cole can say is, this is DX saying we won the Monday Night wars. What?!? WCW won those, even though they went out of business. I was tuning into WCW on Monday night, and during commercial break was going to WWF.

if Wrestlemania, is going to turn into HHH's buddies doing this stuff, it is going to go down hill pretty quick.

So irrelevant that the crowd was chanting this is awesome while they were doing all that stuff.

So, clearly, he's not quite as out of touch as some want to believe.

It didn't make a lot of storyline sense because this wasn't supposed to be about WWE vs WCW and it was weird to see Sting lose in what would like be his only match in WWE.

I thought it was cool cause you had some of the biggest names all out there. It was a cool moment for long time fans to see a lot of old time stars which is pretty much what that match was obviously about.

And clearly you don't understand what winning the wars is then. The fact that went out business means that they, in fact, lost. WCW started out strong and winning and then they fell flat and WWE began to kick their butts so badly that they had to go out of business.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I know what you're saying. But it makes the title change look weak and the "New Champion" look li was given to him rather than winning it.

Which is the point?

You realize that Rollins is a weasel and stealing the title is the whole point of what he's doing?

They booked it perfectly cause Rollins stole the title from the guy who was basically killing himself trying to defeat the champion who he couldn't keep down.

Now the Beast can rage that his title was stolen from him and he was never defeated for the belt that should still be rightfully his.

CashMan

Reaction score
So irrelevant that the crowd was chanting this is awesome while they were doing all that stuff.

It didn't make a lot of storyline sense because this wasn't supposed to be about WWE vs WCW and it was weird to see Sting lose in what would like be his only match in WWE.

I thought it was cool cause you had some of the biggest names all out there. It was a cool moment for long time fans to see a lot of old time stars which is pretty much what that match was obviously about.

And clearly you don't understand what winning the wars is then. The fact that went out business means that they, in fact, lost. WCW started out strong and winning and then they fell flat and WWE began to kick their butts so badly that they had to go out of business.

1 word, nostalgia. You could throw the Bushwackers out there, and people would cheer.

They added the WCW vs WWE storyline last night. Did you listen to the announcers? Did you watch it last night? I posted in an earlier thread, what they were saying.

Those names were there, because they are HHH's friends.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is the point?

You realize that Rollins is a weasel and stealing the title is the whole point of what he's doing?

They booked it perfectly cause Rollins stole the title from the guy who was basically killing himself trying to defeat the champion who he couldn't keep down.

Now the Beast can rage that his title was stolen from him and he was never defeated for the belt that should still be rightfully his.

Oh, I get the "Rollins is a weasel" thing.

I just think it diminishes the world title by giving it to him without him earning it through pinfall or submission, which yeah is the point of the whole thing.

It's a big circle-jerk if you will! LOL!

Instead of creating legit heat by having Rollins win the title in a close match, Vince creates fake heat through a convoluted, Vince Russo-like title change.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Which is the point?

The whole suddenly it's a triple threat match seemed forced. I am assuming the Money in the Bank rules are made up on the fly at this point.

Though logically speaking they had to do something as they were running out of PPV's for Rollins to use the MITB contract, unless they wanted to give that away on TV.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

A crowd pop means very little in the long run. For instance, Chyna made a brief appearance on TNA and got a humongous pop. And yet it did nothing for her or the company other than sound nice on TV for the long haul.

Where Vince is out of touch is that there was no reason why this WM could not have been Lesnar vs. Bryan for the title. That was where the money was going to role in. You had Lesnar, considered to be legitimately the baddest man on the planet that only makes occasional appearances and the crowd perceives him as not all that into wrestling versus this massively over underdog in Daniel Bryan who just came off of horrific injuries that threatened his career.

It was teed up for Vince and he couldn't pull the trigger and in the end they had to get the title off of Lesnar due to all of the writing blunders since the last WrestleMania and they missed out on the big money from a classic storyline so HHH and Steph could get on TV and bore everybody to tears.

YR

CashMan

Reaction score
It was teed up for Vince and he couldn't pull the trigger and in the end they had to get the title off of Lesnar due to all of the writing blunders since the last WrestleMania and they missed out on the big money from a classic storyline so HHH and Steph could get on TV and bore everybody to tears.

YR

Seriously, what is up with that? Steph is a HORRIBLE actress. her facial expressions, are a bit much.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was teed up for Vince and he couldn't pull the trigger and in the end they had to get the title off of Lesnar
WWE is afraid to give Bryan the belt again because they are not sold on him being 100% healthy now or anytime in the future. They stripped him last year and due to their lack of faith in his health and didn't want to do it again this year. Unless he admitted the same to them which I suppose is possible.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where Vince is out of touch is that there was no reason why this WM could not have been Lesnar vs. Bryan for the title. That was where the money was going to role in. You had Lesnar, considered to be legitimately the baddest man on the planet that only makes occasional appearances and the crowd perceives him as not all that into wrestling versus this massively over underdog in Daniel Bryan who just came off of horrific injuries that threatened his career.

This.

That would have been the match.

Have it go back & forth with each guy have several close pin attempts and then Bryan pulls it off with a quick pin.

The crowd would have gone nuts and it would not have diminished Lesnar's standing. If it never affected guys like Race & Flair to lose via clean pin, it wouldn't have affected him either.

And it would have created loads of legit hit for future match-ups between the two.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I agree, but I think that would limit, attendance.

Don't they usually do it in a dark environment?

That's what I mean...the wrestling in sunlight just looked off in the pics I saw.

I'm sure it definitely takes away from all those entrances.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Seriously, what is up with that? Steph is a HORRIBLE actress. her facial expressions, are a bit much.

It's an ego stroke for the entire family. They have brought in consultants that tell them what they want to hear, that the McMahon family is great for ratings. Vince was and probably still is. Sparingly Shane was. I think the fans are more than tired of HHH. I hate to come off as sexist (although I'm not), but Stephanie was always the 'golden child' because she is a woman in a man's business. It's a bit odd how that works because nobody gives Dixie Carter much of a chance (nor does she deserve one), but everybody assumes Stephanie is smart even though she has proven time and time again to make terrible business decisions and she has been the head of the writing staff and struggled with that role.

I really don't see the WWE being in the McMahon's hands for long after Vince passes away. I think she'll end up selling it much like Crockett did with JCP in the 80's and slowly get phased out.

YR