WR's, who do you like

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Hurns will stay put. He's a great guy to have in the wr room for the youngsters. Brown hasn't panned out well. Austin,Lenoir, brown will be gone barring injury.
I like hurns. He just keeps fighting to get open it doesn't quit on any play that I have seen. Well we know we definitely have Cooper Gallop and Cobb. The rest is a wait-and-see for me

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not sure about Brown....he is not fast or greatest route runner, but if used right he can create mismatches.....I like Hurns, but is his time run its course? he will be 5th or 6th on the depth chart and you want those guys to be developmental type since most often they may not even be active on game day.
The only thing I like about Brown is his blocking abilities.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like hurns. He just keeps fighting to get open it doesn't quit on any play that I have seen. Well we know we definitely have Cooper Gallop and Cobb. The rest is a wait-and-see for me

20 catches in 16 games, not a fan. And I know I can get that tiny level of production anywhere, without paying big money.

bodi

Reaction score
Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Wilson
Brown
Devin Smith if Dak can get him the ball

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm thinking the rookie running back it's going to be special teams threat over Austin. I think Austin is a casualty
yeah, between Pollard & the bottom end WR's with speed Austin has a lot of competition to fight off. Not rooting against him, just feels like he is vulnerable.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
20 catches in 16 games, not a fan. And I know I can get that tiny level of production anywhere, without paying big money.
I like Hurns personally but I don't see him being any more than the 4th receiving option (not factoring in RB's & TE's) and like you said value for the $ doesn't seem to make sense. If he is clearly one of the top 6 & will take a pay cut, so be it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
difficult to say before TC and pre season but right now i would go with Cooper,Cobb,Gallup,Wilson,Johnson and austin.we really dont need Hurns if Wilson and Johnson show real promise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Wilson
Brown
Devin Smith if Dak can get him the ball

I haven't heard much at all about Devin Smith to this point. Hopefully that changes during training camp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Hurns personally but I don't see him being any more than the 4th receiving option (not factoring in RB's & TE's) and like you said value for the $ doesn't seem to make sense. If he is clearly one of the top 6 & will take a pay cut, so be it.

Yeah, I'm not actively rooting against the guy (despite what some may think), but I'm certainly against paying out $6.5 million for at best your #4 receiver. That's just dumb.

But if he's comes back healthy and proves his worth, I'm fine with paying him $2 million or so to have reliable depth.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
me either but like his college tape - not sure bout his knees

Oh yeah, he had an unbelievable run at Ohio State. But his pro career has been a disaster thus far and this is likely his last shot to turn things around.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like the ones that get open and catch the ball. We are yet to see who that will be this coming season. Ask again about mid-season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the ones that get open and catch the ball. We are yet to see who that will be this coming season. Ask again about mid-season.
I wonder how many people realize that Cole Beasley had the best hands in the league for passes percentages caught I think it was like 84% in 2016. The only issue was he didn't do much with it after he caught it but you can never forget the catch against the Giants last season

ESisback

Reaction score
It's a possibility if he carries over the momentum he's had recently into training camp and the preseason. My own thinking is that I'd prefer to keep a young talent with upside potential over Hurns in the final year of his contract here. Honestly, if the glowing reports on Cobb continue, I'd turn around and cut Hurns and offer that money to Cobb on an extension already.
Yeah, sounds about right.