Xbox One

Ren

Reaction score
pupulehaole;5100774 said:
Where do you find these stats? I'd love to look at them.

They mentioned it on one of the E3 wrap up shows on gametrailers

Sinister

Reaction score
Found this on reddit:

1005584_505508406182846_1589853500_n.png

Thought it was pretty funny and scary. George Orwell still relevant!

:starspin

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Already got my pre-order in on my PS4. I can't wait for this system. I'm really looking forward to it. Finishing up a bunch of single player stuff on my 360 games over the summer so that I've got that all out of the way when the PS4 launches.

Nomad

Reaction score
Anybody actively rooting for one console to "win" over the other is doing us all a disservice in my opinion. It is a much better situation to have two or three popular consoles competing in a Coke Pepsi scenario than it is to have only one, that is where you have all of your innovation and it keeps them honest. All you have to look at is the EA Sports situation with Madden when 2k sports went away. I honestly think online gaming would still be limited to the PC if the original XBOX hadn't put pressure on other consoles to include it. I also think a lot changed because Microsoft is a US corporation when before it was only Japanese consoles. In the other direction I don't think we would have all of this Kinect/Move junk etc if it wasn't for the Wii.

I understand people want the convenience of there only being one console with every game and everyone being on it, but it is a bad idea.

Microsoft did handle this horribly, but I'm nervous about what the overwhelming negativity and one sidedness is going to do to gaming overall. I think some people are making honest observations but it's obvious some people decided beforehand because they want one to really beat the other and they need to be careful what they push for. To be fair I have both and like both.

Actually what I hope we see is an example of what I'm talking about, if Microsoft is forced to backtrack because of the pressure from PS4. Look at it in reverse, what if XBOX came out with all this ridiculous stuff but there was no PS4 option.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The only way microsoft is going to backtrack is if they lose out to PS4 early. So all this backlash is a good thing. I can give you Nintendo as an example they have a built in following from the kid oriented Mario Bros. games so they don't even try to put out the kind of quality that the other consoles do. The only thing that will make them treat the consumers right is if we don't buy what they are selling.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
speedkilz88;5102216 said:
The only way microsoft is going to backtrack is if they lose out to PS4 early. So all this backlash is a good thing. I can give you Nintendo as an example they have a built in following from the kid oriented Mario Bros. games so they don't even try to put out the kind of quality that the other consoles do. The only thing that will make them treat the consumers right is if we don't buy what they are selling.

They can't backtrack. The system is already built around their decision and the agreements are in place with developers for everything they have planned.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5102221 said:
They can't backtrack. The system is already built around their decision and the agreements are in place with developers for everything they have planned.
They all will be losing out if the console does poorly. I really don't see them cutting off their nose to spite their face. I would expect some new agreements or possibly the current ones have opt outs knowing that what they were planning could fail miserably.

Really you should look at it this way. What if the sheep buy it anyway? Then you will see Sony follow suit. Microsoft has to fail at this for the sake of the consumers.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
speedkilz88;5102223 said:
They all will be losing out if the console does poorly. I really don't see them cutting off their nose to spite their face. I would expect some new agreements or possibly the current ones have opt outs knowing that what they were planning could fail miserably.

Really you should look at it this way. What if the sheep buy it anyway? Then you will see Sony follow suit. Microsoft has to fail at this for the sake of the consumers.

I agree. The developers aren't in the business of forcing a less attractive gaming console because that means fewer sales for them.

Not to mention MS is the one of the most successful companies in the world and wouldn't be dumb enough to pigeon hole itself like that.

MS can definitely back out and they should. The online aspect and Kinect are two things that I need to see go before I will really considering buying the console. At the very least I need to see how the Kinect aspect works. If you can't just turn the thing off all together, I don't know how interested I am.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
http://www.psu.com/a019884/PS4-vs-Xbox-One--Amazon-ends-poll-due-to-overwhelming-Sony-victory

PS4 vs Xbox One: Amazon ends poll due to overwhelming Sony victory

Amazon has pulled the curtains down on its user poll between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, after Sony’s next-generation attracted a massive 94.7 per cent of votes.

For those out of the loop, the retail giant set up the poll on its Facebook page on June 13 following all the hype at E3 last week to determine which machine gamers were more interested in.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kangaroo;5102243 said:
http://www.psu.com/a019884/PS4-vs-Xbox-One--Amazon-ends-poll-due-to-overwhelming-Sony-victory

PS4 vs Xbox One: Amazon ends poll due to overwhelming Sony victory

Amazon has pulled the curtains down on its user poll between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, after Sony’s next-generation attracted a massive 94.7 per cent of votes.

For those out of the loop, the retail giant set up the poll on its Facebook page on June 13 following all the hype at E3 last week to determine which machine gamers were more interested in.

They need to leave it up.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
speedkilz88;5102823 said:
They still haven't backed off the Kinect always being on or the price.

Kinect is the #1 reason I don't want an XBox One. The other features were terrible as well.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Kinect was the deal breaker for me in the first place. If they took off a hundred bucks and said "this is for the gamers, screw Kinect," I'd buy one.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The Ominous;5102854 said:
Kinect was the deal breaker for me in the first place. If they took off a hundred bucks and said "this is for the gamers, screw Kinect," I'd buy one.

The Kinect is BS.

The price is not so much a problem for me because I don't care about the $100 difference over the course of 8-10 years but knowing they could charge less if that Kinect system wasn't attached is the part that pisses me off.

I think this is a good start on their behalf. They still have work to do but doing away with the BS connectivity part and as a result the DRM stuff makes them a lot less full of crap.

Once the Kinect comes off the table as being always on and required to play, then I'll be satisfied. I don't even care if they still include it in the package. Allow it to be disconnected and stored in the dumpster where it belongs.