XFL shutting down

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Surprised it's going under right now, why not wait things out? Did they not have the money? Surely they would've had extra money for something like this.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
giphy.gif
From your mouth to God's Ever loving ear.

Jerrah left the hole in the roof in the Stadium specifically for a certain someone.

Swanny

Reaction score
Their ratings were declining steadily every week. You’re one of the few who loved the product which is why the XFL once again shutdown.
XFL shut down because it takes an enormous amount of money to start a new league and it has ZERO money coming in because of the current situation. Ratings were solid enough for a network to want the product. Yes they were declining. But that doesn't mean the ratings were bad enough to not make it desirable for a network to want. Many businesses are going to go under because of the current situation. Luckily for my business times like this makes it more busy. However my wife will be going out if business she owns her own salon and can't afford to pay rent rent right now.

Business is tough right now. XFL would still be around right now if it wasn't for the current situation.

XFL was never going to be what the NFL is. Ratings were never going to reach NFL levels. Talent was never going to be NFL level. That doesn't mean what the xfl had going was a bad thing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
XFL shut down because it takes an enormous amount of money to start a new league and it has ZERO money coming in because of the current situation. Ratings were solid enough for a network to want the product. Yes they were declining. But that doesn't mean the ratings were bad enough to not make it desirable for a network to want. Many businesses are going to go under because of the current situation. Luckily for my business times like this makes it more busy. However my wife will be going out if business she owns her own salon and can't afford to pay rent rent right now.

Business is tough right now. XFL would still be around right now if it wasn't for the current situation.

XFL was never going to be what the NFL is. Ratings were never going to reach NFL levels. Talent was never going to be NFL level. That doesn't mean what the xfl had going was a bad thing.

The XFL would’ve ended up playing out the season and folding anyway regardless the crisis we’re facing. Once the Super Bowl is over most fans want a break from football. They aren’t interested sitting around watching a bunch of NFL castoffs and rejects after just watching an NFL season. A lot of football fans feel the way I do which is why these leagues keep folding.

Swanny

Reaction score
The XFL would’ve ended up playing out the season and folding anyway regardless the crisis we’re facing. Once the Super Bowl is over most fans want a break from football. They aren’t interested sitting around watching a bunch of NFL castoffs and rejects after just watching an NFL season. A lot of football fans feel the way I do which is why these leagues keep folding.
Agree to disagree.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
So glad I waited on buying Renegades gear, I told myself from the beginning to give the XFL a few years at least to see if it stuck around before buying anything...But I still came very close to ordering almost $100 worth of crud, so glad I held off, especially needin that $100 for more important stuff these days ugh.....

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the second time the XFL has gone bust. In 2001 the league went bust after one season. A thread was started when the league was about to kick off this year and I said the XFL would be lucky to make it one full season. You’re not going to attract a big audience to watch a bunch of NFL castoff’s and rejects. Landry Jones who many on this board thought would be a great NFL QB took a beating in the XFL. lol

You have the say the product was far superior than what they rolled out in 2001.

This would've had a couple seasons at least had it not been for corona.

Big_D

Reaction score
That sucks. I think it could've been a quality long term situation for the players and NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have the say the product was far superior than what they rolled out in 2001.

This would've had a couple seasons at least had it not been for corona.

I have no idea what product they rolled out in 2001 or in 2020 because I didn’t watch a single snap from either season.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We got the one guy I wanted out the XFL and he has been incredibly valuable to this franchise.

His name is Will McClay.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

When did this begin, namely the word "suspend" being substituted for end? They clearly mean end. Why wimp out? Why soften the blow? The word suspend has a specific dictionary meaning. A policeman gets suspended for a month without pay. a football player like Zeke gets a 6 game suspension. A student can be suspended from school for 3 days. They are all clearly coming back. When you end something you are ending it, just freakin say that. It's like breaking up with someone and saying its not you but me, lol

ok rant over, but it really is silly. If they are declaring no plans for 2021 then they are folding, ending, ceasing, stopping, quitting, - they are not "suspending"

Last edited by a moderator: