You ain't even seen ugly yet!

rockj7

Reaction score
Wait until Dak gets extended, throws two (2) picks, and gets bounced early again next January. Everyone here says to those who say they are "done" with this team, "Oh, you will be back, cheering them on again next year." And history dictates they are 99% of the time correct. But for the first time in over two (2) decades, I really think Booger and Chuckles have severely read this fan base wrong. Apathy is real, and it's here!!! Before every season opener, I used to have the first 5 to 6 games memorized....home and away. Haven't done that for years now....why bother. And for the first time ever, I could not be more disinterested in ANY draft talk...seriously, what's the point. Any Cowboy fan with half of a brain can tell where this is headed....again, and again, and again. I love this site too much to quit it, but I seriously just don't give two S's about this organization anymore. And extending Dak will be the tipping point....and that's just not an idle threat.
Question for everybody here at the zone

What do you think is more important to Jerry to win a Superbowl or to have the most valuable team in all of sports?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’m not at all sure why anyone thinks fan reaction will be any different than it’s always been.
I’ve never seen any indication that fans EVER change their tunes. It’s pretty much the same old stuff from fans day after day after day.
True dat. The folks that support the team will continue to do that and the ones that hate will continue to hate. The whole back and forth about Dak is the biggest waste of time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But for the first time in over two (2) decades, I really think Booger and Chuckles have severely read this fan base wrong.
lol. An overwhelming percentage of the fanbase did not want Jimmy Johnson to leave. That was March 1994 and the first of a number of times the Joneses have misread the fanbase over the decades.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I’m not at all sure why anyone thinks fan reaction will be any different than it’s always been.
I’ve never seen any indication that fans EVER change their tunes. It’s pretty much the same old stuff from fans day after day after day.
I don't see why fan reaction would be different since Jerry keeps dishing out the same crap day after day, year after year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol. An overwhelming percentage of the fanbase did not want Jimmy Johnson to leave. That was March 1994 and the first of a number of times the Joneses have misread the fanbase over the decades.
REPORTED.

To much right information. You will now get a raise.
after reality see's the check$...maybe.

plymkr

Reaction score
oh, it WILL get ugly, but way before the playoffs. I think by about week 6 or 7.
I said this in another thread but I’m happy with it so I’m going to say it here. We extend Dak to 60 or 60+ APY with huge signing bonus. Things will get ugly and I mean really ugly if we start out 1-4 or something and Dak goes down with a season ending injury. Lance comes in and leads us to the playoffs and a divisional round win. Since we can’t pay 2 QBs Lance walks and we are stuck with Dak for 3-4 more seasons and Lance becomes a legit starter somewhere else with playoff success. Then things get really ugly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone told me Jerry is @Reality and Stephen is @big dog cowboy ;)
I don't believe him, but they thank you for your contribution....providing ratings and keeping the Cowboys relevant.
gopher-look.gif

coult44

Reaction score
Support Jerry and do as your told and take what you are given.
I don’t support Jerry, but I do pay him for entertainment. Nothing else. But I’m not an entitled fan that thinks I “deserve” anything from a business owner. Especially if I were someone like you who doesn’t even pay for the entertainment. You get it for free and still complain about it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The cap got increased $30 million so I don't see Jerry restructuring Dak's salary. Show and prove year.
We gained 13 million in cap.

Still at -9 million as of today. Per Spotrac.

Dudes are gonna get cut.