You are stranded on a deserted island

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mozart
Beethoven
Maria Callas complete works all operas
The Beatles
Elvis (rather have Roy Orbison but Elvis much greater volume with huge repertoire)
I go to the Bovard Auditorium (Thornton School of Music -- USC) to listen to Mozart and Beethoven concertos, sonatas, and even symphonies (albeit, it's rare you catch a full symphony there from Beethoven, it's mostly broken down) every once in a while. In adition to many others. I used to go to a lot more, but have slowed it down to about once or twice a year, now. The oboe is my favorite instrument.

I was big in baroque (Vivaldi, Bach) when I studied music history and theory. I adore a new'ish' genre of music called Baroque Pop, Jobber, that implements the harpsichord into indie pop/folk. It's really fun

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I dont know how to post videos

You and i, with crystal gayle
I love a rainy night
Every which way but loose
Two dollars in the jukebox
Drivin my life away
On second thought

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I go to the Bovard Auditorium (Thornton School of Music -- USC) to listen to Mozart and Beethoven concertos, sonatas, and even symphonies (albeit, it's rare you catch a full symphony there from Beethoven, it's mostly broken down) every once in a while. In adition to many others. I used to go to a lot more, but have slowed it down to about once or twice a year, now. The oboe is my favorite instrument.

I was big in baroque (Vivaldi, Bach) when I studied music history and theory. I adore a new'ish' genre of music called Baroque Pop, Jobber, that implements the harpsichord into indie pop/folk. It's really fun

You lost me. I'm learning Old Man on the guitar and Ode to Joy on the piano......slowly lately. Used to read music and relearning but no theory. My interests are eclectic but I love it all esp some opera. I sing and listen every day I can.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You lost me. I'm learning Old Man on the guitar and Ode to Joy on the piano......slowly lately. Used to read music and relearning but no theory. My interests are eclectic but I love it all esp some opera. I sing and listen every day I can.
I adore electric. Adore it, Jobber. Without hijacking this thread further, it's one of my favorite genres. Most music afficianados I know, to include those with doctorates, adore the genre, and more so, have learned it. It's truly impressive and amazing. Good stuff.

I like Opera, but usually prefer Operettas. You would adore USC's Bovard, Doc!

Ode to Joy. Good stuff, Doc!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have a favorite opera singer. Her name is Katherine Jenkins.

6a00d83451c83e69e2010535a0ed2f970c-450wi

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Trouty, you're a true Renaissance Man.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I adore electric. Adore it, Jobber. Without hijacking this thread further, it's one of my favorite genres. Most music afficianados I know, to include those with doctorates, adore the genre, and more so, have learned it. It's truly impressive and amazing. Good stuff.

I like Opera, but usually prefer Operettas. You would adore USC's Bovard, Doc!

Ode to Joy. Good stuff, Doc!!!!

Beginners stuff but I'm reintroducing myself back to music after 50 years. It's a perishable skill. We have a Roland piano and I have a basic Fender A/E guitar to learn on. We''ll get a Yamaha Baby at some point and I'll have a custom A/E or Martin etc and a Fender Strat if I keep it up. That's if we don't go sailing for awhile.

Later

Phoenix

Reaction score
KaTe Bush
Maynard Ferguson
Peter Gabriel
Joshua Bell
Sandy Denny / Fairport Convention