Video: You don't know what you have until it's gone

Motorola

Reaction score
Some of you did it to Romo. Some of you are doing it to Dak. I forgot how good this guy was this year

I suppose Cowboys Zone will see this post again, or one similar, a month from now after the season finale at the Giants.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak will not take the franchise tag again next year. From what I've heard so far, Dalton isn't going to stay here either.

Do you feel good with DiNucci or Gilbert leading this team? I don't.
Prescott and Dalton could both leave next year - but ain't no way the Cowboys would even consider going into the 2020 season with the other two QBs as the starter and\or backup.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Aren't all of these just our opinions? I assume IMO starts out every post.
Absolutely not. Facts are facts. The Dak led offense was putting up over 32 pits per game and 488 yards per game. We’re scoring around 13 or 14 now. The idiot losers whine “but his record was 1-3” as if Dak plays defense and special teams and is the reason Zeke fumbled it so much.

phildadon86

Reaction score
......Dak’s fanatics still see that as him having a 5-0 record when he got carted off the field.

If falling apart the last month of last season doesn’t convince them, nothing will. The 8-8 seasons are never Dak’s responsibility
Well. He's had one 8-8 season. So saying "seasons" is disingenuous on in its own right. But. I wouldn't expect any less from you. And 8-8 was partly his responsibility of course it was. But then. All those winning seasons were as well. And his record if I recall correctly is 42-27 as a starter. So. That's above .500 right?

kskboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jerry thinks fixing the D takes more OLB's and CB's. That's all he wants to draft.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Some of you did it to Romo. Some of you are doing it to Dak. I forgot how good this guy was this year

Impressive how much PRAISE a 4th round QB gets ... just a clear example of how low we have sunk as a franchise

Adreme

Reaction score
What have we missed? Dak had a 1-3 record and was losing to the Giants before the injury.

Now the Cowboys had a 2-3 record with Dak as a starter. TEAMS win games. Dak was playing historically well but the defense was playing historically badly but as TEAMS win games the Cowboys were losing because they needed 40 to have a chance at winning any game (they have still not won a game where they did not score 30 since 2018).

People who talk about wins like they are a QB stat are people who either do not understand football or people who are looking for SOMETHING to validate their opinions which is the most backwards way of thinking of things. Theories should fit the data and not the other way around otherwise you end up doing things that trying to find a way to twist data into something it is not.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is unfortunate that so many "fans" don't understand just how great Dak was playing.

The Cowboys were leading the league in passing yards and were 2nd in points scored going into the game that Dak was injured.

They were 300 yards ahead of the 2nd place team in passing yards Dak was on pace to obliterate the passing yards in a season record held by Payton Manning.

Haters will claim garbage time stats but they finished all but 1 game within 1 score. The biggest blowout loss was when the defense allowed 49 points to Cleveland. The Cowboys scored 38 in that game which is enough to win the vast majority of NFL games.

He did all of that with 2 udfa OTs playing the majority of the OT snaps.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well. He's had one 8-8 season. So saying "seasons" is disingenuous on in its own right. But. I wouldn't expect any less from you. And 8-8 was partly his responsibility of course it was. But then. All those winning seasons were as well. And his record if I recall correctly is 42-27 as a starter. So. That's above .500 right?

You keep spitting out the same "his record as a starter is 42-27" stat but what is his record since his rookie season????? That's right, it's 29-24 which is .547......or barely above average.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Now the Cowboys had a 2-3 record with Dak as a starter. TEAMS win games. Dak was playing historically well but the defense was playing historically badly but as TEAMS win games the Cowboys were losing because they needed 40 to have a chance at winning any game (they have still not won a game where they did not score 30 since 2018).

People who talk about wins like they are a QB stat are people who either do not understand football or people who are looking for SOMETHING to validate their opinions which is the most backwards way of thinking of things. Theories should fit the data and not the other way around otherwise you end up doing things that trying to find a way to twist data into something it is not.

So then explain 2019 when the defense was playing better and yet Dak still only led Dallas to an 8-8 record??????

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Impressive how much PRAISE a 4th round QB gets ... just a clear example of how low we have sunk as a franchise
Ironic that the last QB to get a lot of praise was undrafted, yes?

Cmac

Reaction score
He's too athletic. That's the problem.

These guys like him who can also run like WR's can take bad plays and turn them into big plays.

If Deshaun Watson can translate what I saw from him in college into being a "successful" NFL QB then Lawrence should have no problems.
Ok....we'll see. Pulling for Trevor.....but we get this every year.....a guy anointed before one down, in the NFL, and wholly crap. Lawrence has all the intangibles....but only time will tell. I'd be more curious with how Kellen Moore ruins him, if he were to become the QB. Top tier QB with a bargain basement/OJT Coordinator. Right now, we just blame Dak, Zeke and nobody else for the offense.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
What have we missed? Dak had a 1-3 record and was losing to the Giants before the injury.
What a ******* comment. The ONLY thing you can blame Dak for was his turnovers in those 4 games. Think of how many times Zeke fumbled, think of how outright awful the defense was in those 4 games, and then compare the offensive stats with Dak to the offensive stats without Dak. Don't be dumb. I seriously can't believe that people who are big enough Cowboys fans to find this forum and create an account are still that delusional/ out of touch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What a ******* comment. The ONLY thing you can blame Dak for was his turnovers in those 4 games. Think of how many times Zeke fumbled, think of how outright awful the defense was in those 4 games, and then compare the offensive stats with Dak to the offensive stats without Dak. Don't be dumb. I seriously can't believe that people who are big enough Cowboys fans to find this forum and create an account are still that delusional/ out of touch.
They live to love to hate on Dak. They're just trolls and losers in life.

phildadon86

Reaction score
dak was certainly not as clutch as he had been in precious years last year. But choking? Don’t remember many of those.
I still think he was just as clutch. Problem was we were in positions where he had to hail mary pass at the end of games. He still got us there to have the chance at winning. Dalton hasnt done that often.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
'America's Cowboy' - the photo in your post proves you are wrong. Prescott leaves the game with more than 6 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. The Cowboys lose the lead, then gain it back - both happening with Dalton at QB.
The sports world and its followers for a long time compared quarterback starts in football to pitcher starts in baseball ( which shouldn't be done, in my opinion -but that won't ever change).
Since it continues to be done, however, we shouldn't attribute the win over the Giants to Prescott. He left the contest with the lead; but just like a pitcher- if his team gives up the lead in his absence, the game's outcome does not go on his record. The win or loss is awarded to a relief pitcher.

But by football standards, Prescott was the quarterback that started and played most of the game, so he erroneously gets the win put on his "won-loss" record.
No, YOU ARE WRONG. This is not baseball. This is football and how it's been done in football since the beginning of football for several reasons which you eloquently stated.