Video: You don't know what you have until it's gone

Adreme

Reaction score
So then explain 2019 when the defense was playing better and yet Dak still only led Dallas to an 8-8 record??????

The number 1 offense in football and the number 16 defense (plus or minus a few spots because I am not looking up exact ranking) and a team that only won when the offense scored 30 and you are claiming the defense was "better" (of which I believe only 4 it would have been possible to win without scoring 30). I mean yes compared to this season they were better, but overall they were still terrible.

Dak has not just played good. By every measurable he has been great. Considering how things have looked since his injury he was covering up a LOT of deficiencies (which makes sense because 2016 was the last good draft the Cowboys have had).

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The difference between Romo and Dak is that Romo had a horrible defense, no running game, and retread WR's most of his career and was blamed when he wasn't able to pull out a win. See those people blaming him for a loss in which our defense gave up 50+ points. With Dak, for a majority of his career he has had a leading rusher, top-tier WR's, and a less than mediocre defense. However, in some people's eyes he can't be blamed for anything. If you say things that aren't even bad about Dak like "he's an average QB" or "He wants more money than his play dictates" you get smahed by the pro-Dak crowed and get labeled as "having an agenda". These are usually the same people who crapped on Romo. So, I'll say it again, "Dak is an average QB who has shown no reason he should be among the highest paid QB's in the league." I hope we draft a QB with one of our top picks so we don't become one of those teams that's just average each year. That's the one bad thing you can say about Romo. He kept us good enough to avoid getting talent at the top of the draft.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I still think he was just as clutch. Problem was we were in positions where he had to hail mary pass at the end of games. He still got us there to have the chance at winning. Dalton hasnt done that often.

Dalton sucks.

There were reasons, but I dont think its a bad thing to say that Dak in many of his late game situations didnt do as well as he did the previous years. You just cant always be clutch. As you said, other things happen. People drop passes, penalties, ect...ect......

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dalton sucks.

There were reasons, but I dont think its a bad thing to say that Dak in many of his late game situations didnt do as well as he did the previous years. You just cant always be clutch. As you said, other things happen. People drop passes, penalties, ect...ect......
Everyone says "they dropped daltons pass" But forget how many crucial drops Dak had this year and last year. lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Facts are facts. The Dak led offense was putting up over 32 pits per game and 488 yards per game. We’re scoring around 13 or 14 now. The idiot losers whine “but his record was 1-3” as if Dak plays defense and special teams and is the reason Zeke fumbled it so much.
Because enough fans like you choose to accept mediocrity, Jerry chooses to provide Mediocrity.. he is a businessman.
If I was Jerry I would to.. I will sale you a bologna sandwich and charge for a fillet mignon.
Its like the fan base of this team today has taken a dive in to an empty pool.
Its only when fans start standing up and quit accepting average is the only time that Jerry may start listening.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
WE, lost a QB who was 1-3 going in 1-4 in the weakest division in NFL

is that who you “miss”?
I love how people like you just totally make things up.

Like are you dumb and genuinely believe that they were going to lose to the Giants, or do you just pull things out of you know where to make a point?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The difference between Romo and Dak is that Romo had a horrible defense, no running game, and retread WR's most of his career and was blamed when he wasn't able to pull out a win. See those people blaming him for a loss in which our defense gave up 50+ points. With Dak, for a majority of his career he has had a leading rusher, top-tier WR's, and a less than mediocre defense. However, in some people's eyes he can't be blamed for anything. If you say things that aren't even bad about Dak like "he's an average QB" or "He wants more money than his play dictates" you get smahed by the pro-Dak crowed and get labeled as "having an agenda". These are usually the same people who crapped on Romo. So, I'll say it again, "Dak is an average QB who has shown no reason he should be among the highest paid QB's in the league." I hope we draft a QB with one of our top picks so we don't become one of those teams that's just average each year. That's the one bad thing you can say about Romo. He kept us good enough to avoid getting talent at the top of the draft.
When posters don't know what they are talking about, are misinformed, forget or don't tell the truth...

You might want to check out this link and verify where the Offense and Defense ranked each year, how good or bad the passing, rushing and points average ranked, plus how much the Offense and Defense averaged in total stats per season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/season/2006/seasontype/2

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo killer? LOL You guys keep bringing up Romo for some reason.

Point of fact in terms of team record Romo vs. Dak:

Romo 78 Wins 49 Losses 61.4% Win %

Dak 42 Wins 27 Losses 53.2% Win %
What an embarrassment! You also are terrible in math.
:facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Like are you dumb and genuinely believe that they were going to lose to the Giants, or do you just pull things out of you know where to make a point?
Agreed.

At first I believed they acted dumb.

Now, I know they weren't acting.

Embarrassing. This is what we mean when one talks about the dumbing down of a forum.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Like are you dumb and genuinely believe that they were going to lose to the Giants
, or do you just pull things out of you know where to make a point?

I agree with you that Dallas was going to win that game had Dak stayed in but after our start to the season what on earth gives you the confidence to post something like this?

starfan1

Reaction score
When posters don't know what they are talking about, are misinformed, forget or don't tell the truth...

You might want to check out this link and verify where the Offense and Defense ranked each year, how good or bad the passing, rushing and points average ranked, plus how much the Offense and Defense averaged in total stats per season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/season/2006/seasontype/2
turnover differential!! good chance if your in the red your watching playoffs from the couch

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Hell, I'd take more of those over WR's.

Yes we need D. I was listening to cavenaugh and Broaduss (the fan) yesterday and they were doing a what if scenario on one of their segments. The cowboys are on the clock at #4 and they have been trying like hell to trade down with no success.

The top 2 QBS and Sewell are gone and the top rated player on their draft board is of course Jamar Chase (WR out of LSU) what do you do? While this scenario is not far fetched im taking Parsons and not look back or ill reach for Surtain or Farley

They were saying take the WR and trade Gallup or one of the other WR if i heard them correctly. Point id I could see the cowboys draft board being like that. Hell I can even see them having Pitts high on their board.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Some of you did it to Romo. Some of you are doing it to Dak. I forgot how good this guy was this year

Dakula.

You just can not kill this guy.

Pay him his money and get busy fixing the other holes in this team.

We should be able to trade our pick in 2021 for a Hershel Walker deal and find 3-5 starters for the defense now.

"What me worry?" Alfred E Newman

:rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we need D. I was listening to cavenaugh and Broaduss (the fan) yesterday and they were doing a what if scenario on one of their segments. The cowboys are on the clock at #4 and they have been trying like hell to trade down with no success.

The top 2 QBS and Sewell are gone and the top rated player on their draft board is of course Jamar Chase (WR out of LSU) what do you do? While this scenario is not far fetched im taking Parsons and not look back or ill reach for Surtain or Farley

They were saying take the WR and trade Gallup or one of the other WR if i heard them correctly. Point id I could see the cowboys draft board being like that. Hell I can even see them having Pitts high on their board.
Interesting idea but I would think they could trade back at 4 because some teams have Chase higher than any of the WR's in the 2020 draft. I was really disappointed that he would not play at LSU this season because he was the most ready young WR that I have even seen play college ball. He reminded me of Antonio Brown when he was at his best.

I wouldn't trade Gallup if I took Chase, Lamb would get be a better trade. 3 years left on a rookie deal and a team like CIN, NYJ or JAX might deal for him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because enough fans like you choose to accept mediocrity, Jerry chooses to provide Mediocrity.. he is a businessman.
If I was Jerry I would to.. I will sale you a bologna sandwich and charge for a fillet mignon.
Its like the fan base of this team today has taken a dive in to an empty pool.
Its only when fans start standing up and quit accepting average is the only time that Jerry may start listening.
When did I ever say I accept mediocrity? I’ve said many times JJ has ruined this organization.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Some of you did it to Romo. Some of you are doing it to Dak. I forgot how good this guy was this year

I remember the 50 yard bomb Dak threw to Cooper in the Atlanta game and people were mad it wasn't a td even though Dak had a defender right in his face.