You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant say your opinion is wrong either, maybe a better way of putting it is if they are becomming a Superstar Jerry can't see the diference between a collection of individuals failing and a 53 man roster playing together as a team and winning. The culture his style creates doesnt lend well to the second team building plan..If that makes sense.
Makes sense to me and I agree completely. A qualified general manager would be able to differentiate. Jones cannot and has repeatedly underscored his lack of GM qualifications. Yet, he 'knows' he is qualified.

As a result, his franchise's fans exist in a perpetual, contradictory conundrum created from the pits of hell itself. We, as fans, have annually witnessed an analogy of Jones whipping up a milkshake, minus the ice cream, poured into a dirty glass, and plops himself on top of whipped cream like a cherry. That is what he serves his franchise's fans every year. It is completely understandable why many of us are left unsatisfied year-in year-out. As a GM, the guy would not know to select ice cream if he walked into a Baskin-Robbins.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Makes sense to me and I agree completely. A qualified general manager would be able to differentiate. Jones cannot and has repeatedly underscored his lack of GM qualifications. Yet, he 'knows' he is qualified.

As a result, his franchise's fans exist in a perpetual, contradictory conundrum created from the pits of hell itself. We, as fans, have annually witnessed an analogy of Jones whipping up a milkshake, minus the ice cream, poured into a dirty glass, and plops himself on top of whipped cream like a cherry. That is what he serves his franchise's fans every year. It is completely understandable why many of us are left unsatisfied year-in year-out. As a GM, the guy would not know to select ice cream if he walked into a Baskin-Robbins.
100%

JBond

Reaction score
Name is Trey Lance..................and if he can't do it.........NEXT!
Where do you think we were going with PRESTRASH?
Now stop the humor as you're making me laugh bud......:muttley:
If you dislike Dak's style of play and limitations you will hate Trey Lance. A poor man's Dak. Same guy, less talented.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Believe it or not, the choice to go that route is up to only one man….and it ain’t Jerry Jones.
H
If Dak doesn’t want to stay he will get huge offers elsewhere. He may very well have already decided to move on for all we know.
Man, let's hope to hell so!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s saying stick with what you have until you have a viable replacement. Sounds like sound logic to me. But Jerry will draft the next Paxton Lynch and you guys will be happy simply because he’s unknown lol.
its anything is better than Dak and the same pundits will make up stuff on why those others were better than Dak because they can't admit they were wrong.

we want better than Dak. not just move on from Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is no Brett Favre…. And Favre already got them a SB..

Dak was drafted as a back-up, not a starter. In fact, he was also drafted to be behind the most winning college QB, who also got hurt and did not have the good fortune to play behind that OL and Zeke and that roster. Moore would have had a full training camp himself to start.
now you are hanging on to Moore LOL...... so what do you say about Purdy whose rear imprint is all over your face based. if those QBs were any good, wouldn't they win the job back when their injuries healed? and its funny you forgot about Romo, who was an UDFA who won the job from Bledsoe and Warner who was bagging groceries, got the job because of injuries and won a superbowl.

too dang funny. so short sighted. so emotional.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
you move when its time to move. painting textbook scenarios is nice and all and usually looks good in business meetings, but if you don't get the results you're after in say, 8 years, how do you maintain THIS YEAR will be different when there are no changes of note?

make a decision to move on and then make a long term decision on coaches and letting them "pick the groceries"

but that isn't how this franchise does things, so its anyone's guess year in and year out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Rush and Dalton did better than Dak with the rosters they were handed in the same years they started as Dak did….

We already had “Dak-friendly” offense without talent at WR.. the Quincy Carter records of futility were in par with Peterman..
Dalton got his arse handed to him repeatedly when the other team had their starting QBs. he only won three close games, with the help of defense when the other team had their 2nd and 3rd string starters...but yeah, alziemers is a wonderful thing for you.

Dalton choked, couldn't hit the side of the barn in the most important game of the year, throwing an interception in the end zone costing the game....that's the QB you hang your hat on....desparation is not becoming.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Let's see. Romo got injured, Dak stepped in. Romo returns and plays 1 series upon his return, then retires at the end of that year.

Jerry moved on because he didn't want to interfere with their win streak.

Looks like your theory doesn't hold water when it comes to Jerry.
The team did have atrocious seasons once Aikman retired. We played some really back QBs before we found Romo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you dislike Dak's style of play and limitations you will hate Trey Lance. A poor man's Dak. Same guy, less talented.
a poor man's murray. Lance sucks. he was a 7th round talent that got drafted in top 5 because he could run a little. won a bunch of game in lower level competition.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Man, let's hope to hell so!
I try to stay neutral on him. The debates are endless, exhausting, and both sides have valid points.

Overall, sometimes change for change sake is necessary.

I don’t see this team getting to where most fans want it under the current leadership, and the only way for that to possibly change is with several down years in a row.

While I can’t sit here and actively root for it, this team needs to take some steps back if they are to ever move forward. They are not as close as they seem to think. Three very difficult wins away from a championship is not that.

The two in charge are flat out not qualified to compete with most of the better GMs in the league, they just happen to own the team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I try to stay neutral on him. The debates are endless, exhausting, and both sides have valid points.

Overall, sometimes change for change sake is necessary.

I don’t see this team getting to where most fans want it under the current leadership, and the only way for that to possibly change is with several down years in a row.

While I can’t sit here and actively root for it, this team needs to take some steps back if they are to ever move forward. They are not as close as they seem to think. Three very difficult wins away from a championship is not that.

The two in charge are flat out not qualified to compete with most of the better GMs in the league, they just happen to own the team.
Well said!

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
So how about creating a dominant O-line, with a running game which would give a 'lesser QB' assistance ala Cowboys 2016 or 49ers 2022.

Maybe sure up the Defense with the CAP saving.
Good idea. And use the money by not paying Dak to shore up what you suggested. Once we get them shored up, we will be in better position to pay a franchise QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
getting rid of Dak all depends on who takes which QB ahead of you on draft day. Its not all or nothing. Also, it depends who is willing to offer you a deal for him thats just too insane to pass on. We already have a guy in Lance, and maybe we draft a QB to compete for the starting job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you wasting youre time Bro. even shabazz who is one of the more reasonable posters wants change. I am not sure if the fans in here are that football illiterate or they just want something new but 3/4 of them are dug in that the only way forward is complete rebuild or at the very least a new QB.

And Im not opposed to a new QB even though I dont blame either of the last 2 completely for our failures. We have found unique ways to screw up in the post season every year. Im not down with a rebuild though we are close. Run the ball and stop the run.You do those 2 things in the post season you got a good chance.

too many people in here with Patrick Mahomes envy. You just dont find them very easy
Yeah I know lol….speaking to a wall….