CZ POLL Your Opinion Of Jerry Jones As Owner And GM

How do you define Jerry Jones as both an owner and general manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How can you be a good owner and hire Jerry as GM, then hire Jason Garrett as HC? How does that make Jerry a good owner?
I would say he's been a good owner for the overall NFL landscape. Revenue generation. Expanding the leagues brand, etc.

As owner of the franchise itself, I would agree. A good owner would hire a good GM, take a step back and let his people do their jobs.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I would say bad owner an ok GM lately
bad owner because he gets involve too much and once you do that it is hard to see clear
you start making decisions based on emotion not logic.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I said bad owner /good gm. The Cowboys have one of the better rosters in the league. Bad owner for keeping Garrett so long and talking too much in the media.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Good poll. I think he is a good owner. I mean, they are the most popular franchise in all of sports. But he gets in the way too much. So a bad GM. Jimmy has the de facto GM of those Super Bowl teams. Will McClay is our de fact GM right now.

J-man

Reaction score
No, he's not a great owner. He's said he'd fire a GM with the record he has, but since he's the owner he gets to keep playing at it. That makes him a terrible owner. He knows a way to improve the team but won't.[/QU.

Would you fire yourself? didn't think so

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My first thought was good owner/bad gm.

Then I started thinking.

Sure he turned the Cowboy's into the most valuable blah blah blah. What does that mean to us fans?

He built a state of the art venue that is repeatedly reported to be a not very fan friendly place to watch a game. Not to mention the team having to run through a bar to get to the field. Makes money but circus atmosphere for fans and players.

Greedy as an owner and a GM. Money comes at the expense of maximizing an atmosphere conducive to winning football. Same can be said about personal accolades and "credit".

Sorry Jerry, two thumbs down from me.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone choosing/saying anything other than bad owner/bad gm is exposing themselves

You cant be a good owner and continue employ one of the worst GM in sports
I out Good owner bad GM to piss everybody off. Besides that I was told we were getting a Garrett replacement poll

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The guy is the greatest.
The guy is the worst.

Yes. It can be both.

I love the guy.
I hate how he does most things re: Cowboys.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I did last option because this Garrett love is in him as owner so I can’t call him great. As a GM..which might cover that too, he is bad. Especially since our good picks aren’t on him. Good owner With money etc and meh with love of his coach and bad GM

Soth

Reaction score
How can you be a good owner and hire Jerry as GM, then hire Jason Garrett as HC? How does that make Jerry a good owner?

You can't say he is a bad owner when the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't say he is a bad owner when the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.
I'd rather be adding money to the bottom line by Lombardi's to the trophy case.

You think NE's worth is due to Bob Kraft's business acumen or all those championships they have won the last 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.