Zach Martin out ** do NOT discuss covid/vaccinations **

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys did rather well I thought with guys getting suited up every week. Seems like most of their issues were guys missing the season due to injury related issues.

I mean...that's kind of the point I was making. This is just a piling on top of injuries...which are going to happen.

"Next man up" didn't work. I mean right? Right.... It didn't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean...that's kind of the point I was making. This is just a piling on top of injuries...which are going to happen.

"Next man up" didn't work. I mean right? Right.... It didn't.
Well with the amount of injuries they had? No. It didn't...but as of right now we are only missing Martin so yeah next man up.

CWR

Reaction score
That's all well and good.....we can pretend this is your average ordinary loss. Until a game injury...which happens ALL THE TIME. Then another injury...which happens all the time.

Losing from co....er...this thing....isn't exactly a "normal part of the game". It's stacked ON TOP of "normal parts of the game".

It's a big loss that we can pretend isn;t. That's fine. But we're still on edge about the real "normal" part.

Don't mean to minimize his impact on the game, but unless we are forced to march out Cooper Rush I expect them to adapt.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well with the amount of injuries they had? No. It didn't...but as of right now we are only missing Martin so yeah next man up.
And we haven't played on down.

You can ignore that if it makes your life easier.
I choose to look at every possibility. And plan for it. If it doesn;'t happen great.

Just "next man up" is wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with it, as a "fan". But fact remains....not one down played....a granite pillar of our line already out....before one down played. It's cause for concern.

It doesn't mean i hate anyone, eternally depressed, obsessively negative or won't cheer on everyone. I WILL! EVERY SINGLE ONE!

But I know the "next man up" isn't as good as Zach. And i know injuries happen which could further decimate and challenge us . just saying it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't mean to minimize his impact on the game, but unless we are forced to march out Cooper Rush I expect them to adapt.

We don't have a good track record of that.

One forum member....suggested activating the fullback. GREAT idea. But have we?

Will we design so game plans to get tampa attention off that spot?

Not sure...I don't have a high confidence that we've shown to be capable of doing that kind of thing...so I don't expect it.

I will cheer us on and HOPE we do!

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
We don't have a good track record of that.

One forum member....suggested activating the fullback. GREAT idea. But have we?

Will we design so game plans to get tampa attention off that spot?

Not sure...I don't have a high confidence that we've shown to be capable of doing that kind of thing...so I don't expect it.

I will cheer us on and HOPE we do!

Fair, but I didn't have a high degree of confidence for this game beforehand either. I'm hoping this staff is better at adapting even though we are looking at the same offensive coordinator.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair, but I didn't have a high degree of confidence for this game beforehand either. I'm hoping this staff is better at adapting even though we are looking at the same offensive coordinator.
Agreed!

We're hoping for team improvement this year over last...and that includes the staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And we haven't played on down.

You can ignore that if it makes your life easier.
I choose to look at every possibility. And plan for it. If it doesn;'t happen great.

Just "next man up" is wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with it, as a "fan". But fact remains....not one down played....a granite pillar of our line already out....before one down played. It's cause for concern.

It doesn't mean i hate anyone, eternally depressed, obsessively negative or won't cheer on everyone. I WILL! EVERY SINGLE ONE!

But I know the "next man up" isn't as good as Zach. And i know injuries happen which could further decimate and challenge us . just saying it.
What are you accusing me of ignoring? I'm not sure what angle you're coming from but when I say "next man up" I'm just saying next guy in line. Will they be as good as Martin? Of course not. But they don't have to be. We have dedicated a roster spot to McGovern for years now. We've all heard about his potential and all this other stuff. All I'm saying is ok let's see it come to fruition.

Because if the shoe was on the other foot the Buccaneers wouldn't give up just because they are missing Zack Martin. The ship would float on.

And that's how most teams go. Contrary to popular belief......teams don't do what the Cowboys do. They don't just get defeated when guys are out. The good head coaches win games they aren't suppose to. They beat teams they aren't suppose to.

McCarthy got the built in excuse last year because of the unfortunate circumstances with the league last year. Ok, its year 2....how much longer is he going to be allowed to have his unit not be prepared and continue to underachieve all because one player is missing? A guard at that?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you accusing me of ignoring? I'm not sure what angle you're coming from but when I say "next man up" I'm just saying next guy in line. Will they be as good as Martin? Of course not. But they don't have to be. We have dedicated a roster spot to McGovern for years now. We've all heard about his potential and all this other stuff. All I'm saying is ok let's see it come to fruition.

Because if the shoe was on the other foot the Buccaneers wouldn't give up just because they are missing Zack Martin. The ship would float on.

And that's how most teams go. Contrary to popular belief......teams don't do what the Cowboys do. They don't just get defeated when guys are out. The good head coaches win games they aren't suppose to. They beat teams they aren't suppose to.

McCarthy got the built in excuse last year because of the unfortunate circumstances with the league last year. Ok, its year 2....how much longer is he going to be allowed to have his unit not be prepared and continue to underachieve all because one player is missing? A guard at that?

I am not "accusing you of anything, sheesh! .....drama queen.

You make many good points. "teams don't do what the cowboys do"...and that is why Tampa are Super Bowl CHAMPS and we aren't.

You think we are all set to go. I am guarded. We will both cheer on our Cowboys regardless.

TRY to find the COMMON ground rather than the scab and pick it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am not "accusing you of anything, sheesh! .....drama queen.

You make many good points. "teams don't do what the cowboys do"...and that is why Tampa are Super Bowl CHAMPS and we aren't.

You think we are all set to go. I am guarded. We will both cheer on our Cowboys regardless.

TRY to find the COMMON ground rather than the scab and pick it.

This is the 3rd time you've called me a "drama queen"....maybe something is getting lost in translation..I don't know but you guys say you want to keep it football if you want to continue to discuss football then let's talk football....let's leave the games for the children.

There's nothing to find common ground about. I have a opinion and you do. I'm not telling you how to root for the team. I'm not sure what you're even arguing at this point. All I'm saying is as a fan I don't want to hear excuses....I just don't. Because at the end of the day you can come up with a excuse for every loss. Literally every loss. I'm over giving McCarthy excuses or any head coach we have. And its McGovern's time to step up. Dak's time, Zeke's time.....

Root however you chose to I'm just saying what I'm doing. I'm not knocking or judging anyone for what they do.

Shane612

Reaction score
OL was already questionable, and now this...
This team was cursed when Bill Parcels left, last real football mind the cowboys had.
:facepalm::muttley::facepalm::muttley:

Cmac

Reaction score
I mean he can’t block for himself but it’s up to the coaches to overcome this. McCarthy needs to do what he’s paid to do.
Agree......but this theory didn't apply for Zeke last year on this board, when the line was a makeshift of itself.

MikeB80

Reaction score
How is he going to play if he is experiencing flu like symptoms and lost his taste of smell? he clearly has it so why are they saying two negative tests will get him on the field?

Cmac

Reaction score
What do you mean? In regards to Zeke getting a pass?
No account for the fact that the line was hosed up, all last year, and 8 man front daring Red Rifle and Nooch/Gilbert to balance.......just sayin'....that's all.....yet Zeke was constantly ripped without in of the aforementioned circumstances taken in to account.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No account for the fact that the line was hosed up, all last year, and 8 man front daring Red Rifle and Nooch/Gilbert to balance.......just sayin'....that's all.....yet Zeke was constantly ripped without in of the aforementioned circumstances taken in to account.
Oh yeah I can't even speak for that part of the fanbase......we have a part of this fanbase that has to be reminded to breathe and they walk on their hands....I've argued that you could argue Zeke had one of his better years in recent memory when you factor in his line.