Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

rambo2

Reaction score
The WR depth is a problem. At least the front office knows. But doubt they do anything about it. See running back room.
They have long line of wr depth competing for the 3, 4, and 5 spots.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It looks to me that it would give them good depth going into training camp.
Exactly. If something were to happen to Lamb or Cooks the Cowboys would be cooked at receiver. Jones would give them a legit #3 and a guy that can start.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So all that hype about Tolbert stepping up was a lot of bull I guess.
Not really.......
I am not sure why fans are trashing him. Yes, his rookie year was awful but he stepped up last year, even taking snaps from Gallup. I'm not saying the kid is destined for greatness but I certainly would give up on him yet. I think he can be a legit #2 guy if he continues to work hard. Here is an article where Cooks is taking him under his wings.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/06/cowboys-jalen-tolbert-no-1-brandin-cooks-mentor/

Hadenough

Reaction score
People in here told me Tolbert is a good wr3! Hahahaha. This guy is way better than Tolbert
When he is healthy. He missed most of last year with some kind of nagging injury. I believe it was a hamstring.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like that they are bringing him in. No guarantees they offer a contract but it doesn't hurt to kick the tires.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even if we sign Zay, its just gonna be a 1 or 2 year deal max. Nothing is permanent. That wont change the wr room nor the competition at camp. I joked earlier what this means for Tolbert, but really, it means next to nothing in the here and now. Tolbert will get every chance to better himself at camp and show hes worth having here. Zay would be a very smart signing, which means we made 2 smart signings this offseason. Zeke and Zay. Each would bring production and stability to a team that badly needs it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
Would rather have gotten Boyd, but I'll take any vet competition we can get.

Carson

Reaction score
I’d take him. But ain’t happening.
I think it might. He visited Arizona and Dallas. Dallas has snaps at WR3 and is a playoff caliber team with a pass first offense.

Releasing Bryant the day he is visiting is quite odd.