Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Bryant never gets released unless we know we will sign Zay Jones. Its just a matter of when its announced at this point. I think when Zay became available that raised the interest of the team because of 2 reasons. One, he brings a vet to the wr room with production and success. Secondly, he is the son of a former Cowboy from the 90's... Robert Jones. We all know this organization loves them some 90's. In this case, I happen to agree. Zay, if healthy, is a much better option and fit than Bryant. Zay Jones might end up having a huge year here if we sign him. Bryant couldn't get off the practice squad. You give Dak a 3rd good wr to work with, now we are talkin. Lets see if we sign him. But Im fairly sure we already did but now we are just dotting the I's and crossing the T's.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think it might. He visited Arizona and Dallas. Dallas has snaps at WR3 and is a playoff caliber team with a pass first offense.

Releasing Bryant the day he is visiting is quite odd.
Dallas is Dallas and Arizona is Arizona.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To be fair the Cowboys had three open roster spaces even before cutting Bryant, so that did not impact any potential Jones signing in that regard.

But the fact that they decided to cut a receiver the day they host another means that Jones might be having his physical and stuff right now as we speak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To be fair the Cowboys had three open roster spaces even before cutting Bryant, so that did not impact any potential Jones signing in that regard.

But the fact that they decided to cut a receiver the day they host another means that Jones might be having his physical and stuff right now as we speak.
the last thing you said, 100%. Also, I bet ya hes already signed, just waiting on the medicals to check out before finalizing.

MikeT22

Reaction score
People in here told me Tolbert is a good wr3! Hahahaha. This guy is way better than Tolbert
Tolbert had a career high last year with 268 yds. In 2 years he now has 280 yds rec.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Proper in here think he’s good
To be fair Tolbert's numbers would have been a lot better had the Cowboys stopped trying to recapture 2019 Michael Gallup. Tolbert should have gotten those snaps and they'd have a better idea of what he is by now.

JBS

Reaction score
To be fair Tolbert's numbers would have been a lot better had the Cowboys stopped trying to recapture 2019 Michael Gallup. Tolbert should have gotten those snaps and they'd have a better idea of what he is by now.
Even when he got Gallup’s snaps , he did didley poo with them. He’s not good

rambo2

Reaction score
Tolbert had a career high last year with 268 yds. In 2 years he now has 280 yds rec.
So what? You didn't notice the difference from day 1 of camp last year? Fine you want to claim he can't play.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
Zay Jones, DS #6 WR, East Carolina
Selected: Round 2, Pick 5, Overall Pick 37 by Bills
129872.jpg
Name: Zay Jones
College:
East Carolina Number: 7
Height: 6-2 Weight: 201
Position: WR Pos2: KR
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2017
40 Low: 4.38 40 Time: 4.45 40 High: 4.54

> Projected Round: 2 Stock:
up.gif
Projected High: 2nd Low: 3rd​
57.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height:
Weight: 201

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (ET): 2.61
20 Yard (HH): 2.50
10 Yard (ET): 1.55
10 Yard (HH): 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.01
3-Cone Drill: 6.79
Dates: 03/23/17
Hand:
09 Arm: 32 1/2
Wingspan: 77 3/4

Height: 6017
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Pos Drills Only.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
When will you realize. Dallas isn’t what you think it is. Players don’t flock here because of winning culture anymore.
This is dumb. Cowboys will always be a destination high on players minds. But money talks, BS walks.

MikeT22

Reaction score
So what? You didn't notice the difference from day 1 of camp last year? Fine you want to claim he can't play.
So far he hasn’t shown he can be a quality #3 WR, that’s what.

rambo2

Reaction score
When will you realize. Dallas isn’t what you think it is. Players don’t flock here because of winning culture anymore.
Tell us what will he do? I'd guess that he would rather go to Dallas.

ghst187

Reaction score
Biggest no brainer signing of the offseason so watch us blow it.