Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
we are all in ;) (with scraps from everybody else).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Flournoy needs a year or so.

You would have Lamb, Cooks, Jones, Tolbert

Brooks and Turpin as special teamers.
Brooks bears watching. He has the tools to be a very nice catch radius possession wr. Every team needs a guy like that. We don't have one. We have Ceedee, and a bunch of guys. He needs to prove he can be at least a role wr as a 4th guy . Im losing faith in Tolbert.

rambo2

Reaction score
Brooks bears watching. He has the tools to be a very nice catch radius possession wr. Every team needs a guy like that. We don't have one. We have Ceedee, and a bunch of guys. He needs to prove he can be at least a role wr as a 4th guy . Im losing faith in Tolbert.
Why are you losing faith in Tolbert?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why are you losing faith in Tolbert?
Because it seems the team might be. We are apparently looking at receivers as we speak. That can't be good for him. The mere fact we are looking at an established wr tells me they aren't great with Tolbert.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
This is good. Tolbert is a JAG. Can someone quickly summarize why Zay was released? I really don't feel like looking into it

_sturt_

Reaction score
The 1st signing was the running back.

You're speaking of Royce Freeman?

I filtered that out.. "first post-draft FA signing"

And actually, should have said first post-draft veteran FA signing.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because it seems the team might be. We are apparently looking at receivers as we speak. That can't be good for him. The mere fact we are looking at an established wr tells me they aren't great with Tolbert.
It could mean that they are taking advantage of what is available to sign more depth and competition. I personally think that they have a bunch of guys that can step up to the 3 and 4 spots.

kumizi

Reaction score
The WR depth is a problem. At least the front office knows. But doubt they do anything about it. See running back room.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
Isn’t he a JAG? :grin: