Signed by Cowboys Zeke and Cowboys have agreed to terms

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I’m not thrilled with it (wanted henry) but I actually think zeke can still be productive cause of his vision.

He averaged 3.5 yards a carry last year on a pretty bad New England team who couldn’t throw the ball. Maybe he’ll surprise us all

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I’m not thrilled with it (wanted henry) but I actually think zeke can still be productive cause of his vision.

He averaged 3.5 yards a carry last year on a pretty bad New England team who couldn’t throw the ball. Maybe he’ll surprise us all
He ran for a 3.8 yards a carry is his last season with Dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
$3 million and $2 million guaranteed?

Would it have broken the bank just to cough up a little more for Derrick Henry or Aaron Jones? Big power backs who have run for several 100 yard games in the last 2 years while Zeke hasn’t since 2021.

Henry was getting $4.5 mIllion guaranteed per year in 2 year contract. Aaron Jones had one year contract with $4 million guaranteed.

Thats all that matters. Rest is just paper numbers if you cut them.
Yep, we paid the Ewok $3 million.

Derrick Henry signed got $4.5 a year and there was rumors he would have taken as low as $4 a year with Dallas since he lives in the Dallas area, his house is 18 miles from the stadium.

So, Ewok for $3 a year or cough up an extra $1 million and you might have gotten King Henry.

That is a special level of stupid there, its almost like they are trying to lose on purpose at this point.:facepalm:

Motorola

Reaction score
Has this ever happened before with another franchise and former player? It's like making up with a former girlfriend because you have no other prospects. LOL.
Fran Tarkenton, QB
1961-1966__Minnesota Vikings
1967- 1971__New GM Giants
1972- 1978__Minnesota Vikings

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yep, we paid the Ewok $3 million.

Derrick Henry signed got $4.5 a year and there was rumors he would have taken as low as $4 a year with Dallas since he lives in the Dallas area, his house is 18 miles from the stadium.

So, Ewok for $3 a year or cough up an extra $1 million and you might have gotten King Henry.

That is a special level of stupid there, its almost like they are trying to lose on purpose at this point.:facepalm:
Not even just this. Pollard himself is only making 4 million this year - 8 million next year with no guaranteed money in his third year. If we had to bring a guy back, why not bring back the RB with some actual juice left?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For those saying this is a good idea, the reason it isn’t is because you could’ve had a much better RB for maybe $1M more(Moss, Jones, etc). Truth is the FO went for a Disney storyline rather than a desire to win
Yep, for an extra $1 we could have had a legit RB, like Moss, Jones, or maybe even King Henry (rumors he would have given the Cowboys a discount since he lives in Dallas).

Instead they go with the Ewok, :lmao2:

Only the delusional homers are the only ones left that think this team is actually trying to win this year.................most obvious tank season I have seen in the NFL in years, not even trying to hide it.:banghead:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
In the universe we live in. Just say you don't know what you're talking about.

Where is Pollard ranked on that list? Now show me where Zeke is.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-n...ing-running-backs-saquon-barkley-tony-pollard
BS. I know what my eyes see. … ‘Lies, damn lies, and statistics.’ - attributable to Benjamin Disraeli through Mark Twain (?).

Zeke: 6’0” - 226 lbs … Tony: 6’0” - 209 lbs. I guess 17 lbs might make a difference.

Anyway… Pollard is no great shakes as a blocker - Zeke is just s better blocker. Hey… let’s ask Dak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look, I respect what Zeke did for the Cowboys in the past, but for the team to give him anything above the vet minimum shows you just how out of touch this front office really is. Who were you bidding against Jerry? No one else wanted him.
The incompetence of this organization on full display, and just screems what the real issue is; No Accountability.
Any GM who made the decision to give Zeke anything above min would be fired, but of course, the Jones can't fire themselves, though they should.
$2M guaranteed...still crying also about the 4th round going for a QB already trained for a year?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
BS. I know what my eyes see. … ‘Lies, damn lies, and statistics.’ - attributable to Benjamin Disraeli through Mark Twain (?).

Zeke: 6’0” - 226 lbs … Tony: 6’0” - 209 lbs. I guess 17 lbs might make a difference.

Anyway… Pollard is no great shakes as a blocker - Zeke is just s better blocker. Hey… let’s ask Dak.
"Trust me, bro"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not even just this. Pollard himself is only making 4 million this year - 8 million next year with no guaranteed money in his third year. If we had to bring a guy back, why not bring back the RB with some actual juice left?
Excellent point...............Pollard on one leg is still better than the Ewok.

Moss, Jones, Pollard, King Henry...................could have had any of them for just $1 million more.

Dam, I am so pissed right now I better log off before I get banned for a day.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Carson

Reaction score
Let’s be real for a minute.

No rookie is going to come in and produce like Zeke will THIS year.

Bijan Robinson - 214 car. 976 yards
Jahmyr Gibbs - 185 car. 945 yards
Devon Achane - 103 car. 800 yards

Robinson and Gibbs were first rounders and Achane a 3rd.

The RBs were much less talented than Robinson and Gibbs. I am sad we didn’t land a guy like Jaylen Wright.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He ran for a 3.8 yards a carry is his last season with Dallas.
His numbers dropped after he got hurt. Of course, they weren't fantastic before he missed two games. He was averaging 4.06 up until then.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Let’s be real for a minute.

No rookie is going to come in and produce like Zeke will THIS year.

Bijan Robinson - 214 car. 976 yards
Jahmyr Gibbs - 185 car. 945 yards
Devon Achane - 103 car. 800 yards

Robinson and Gibbs were first rounders and Achane a 3rd.

The RBs were much less talented than Robinson and Gibbs. I am sad we didn’t land a guy like Jaylen Wright.
Elliott - 185 carries, 642 yards, 3 TDs

His stat line last year. He was below average last season with the Patriots.