Zeke Elliott texts about passing drug tests?

cross

Reaction score
Ugh, stop treating cannibis as HGH
Ugh, stop treating cannibis as HGH
Well said... if it offers no competitive advantage why the intrusion of privacy. Let people be. Everyone like to take the moral high ground, no pun intended. But it's not like someone is waked out on meth, and willing to hit a brick wall at full speed with no frontal lobe that says maybe I should not. I understand policies. And it is a proven edge to play in the NFL, not a right, but the political world moves very slowly, some states are having great results with realizing the truth, just my opinion, but uninformed individuals with blinders are much more dangerous. Ducking now...

JDSmith

Reaction score
In that case this took place before camp right? So maybe if we are lucky all will be ok and hes done getting stoned. If not hes a total moron and will cost us eventually.

You don't seem to have any idea how the drug testing in the NFL works. The NFL doesn't want to catch every guy who smokes pot because half the league would be suspended. They test once a year in training camp and that's it unless you are in the program. Even a failure only results in 90 days of extra testing, if you test clean for 90 days you are out of the program and it's exactly as if you had never failed.

So unless he's in the program he can smoke every single day until about a month before training camp and it won't mean a thing.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I was a drug tester for many years and I can tell you, I've heard these kinds of comments before from people being tested....by reading through his posts...guys a pothead and needs to quit it cold turkey or it will come back to bite him in the you know what...and the team will suffer fans, etc etc....I don't think this is the end of this.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said most....he said all.....try to keep up

That does not detract from my point. Smoking a bowl before dinner, getting home from work, or before bed is comparable to to your scenarios.

When you drink moderately you don't get drunk but you are still doing it for the intoxicating effects even if they are mild.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was a drug tester for many years and I can tell you, I've heard these kinds of comments before from people being tested....by reading through his posts...guys a pothead and needs to quit it cold turkey or it will come back to bite him in the you know what...and the team will suffer fans, etc etc....I don't think this is the end of this.

Or he can quit smoking a 30+ days before the testing regime starts each spring until they test him every year. Supposedly that is what half the NFL does.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

How many players would you estimate smoke pot in the NFL?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That does not detract from my point. Smoking a bowl before dinner, getting home from work, or before bed is comparable to to your scenarios.

When you drink moderately you don't get drunk but you are still doing it for the intoxicating effects even if they are mild.
I would say it is a lot harder to control your levels of 'highness' vs drunkenness, especially with today's potent marijuana but I didn't argue that point....... it still stands that most people smoke to get high....if you said most people drink to get drunk I wouldn't argue that point either but it is probably a lower percentage than smokers getting high vs just catching a buzz

cross

Reaction score
I would say it is a lot harder to control your levels of 'highness' vs drunkenness, especially with today's potent marijuana but I didn't argue that point....... it still stands that most people smoke to get high....if you said most people drink to get drunk I wouldn't argue that point either but it is probably a lower percentage than smokers getting high vs just catching a buzz
Just the opposite.

cross

Reaction score
Just the opposite.
I agree that some people drink with responsibility to not get drunk. True statement. But all do it to get impaired to the level they feel comfortable being at. Some underestimate. But there is no amount of the highest grade pot I could smoke, would make me dangerous to anyone, and that includes myself.

erod

Reaction score
Not good. Sounds like next offseason could be dicey.

CWR

Reaction score
You don't seem to have any idea how the drug testing in the NFL works. The NFL doesn't want to catch every guy who smokes pot because half the league would be suspended. They test once a year in training camp and that's it unless you are in the program. Even a failure only results in 90 days of extra testing, if you test clean for 90 days you are out of the program and it's exactly as if you had never failed.

So unless he's in the program he can smoke every single day until about a month before training camp and it won't mean a thing.

Right I dont know much about the nfl drug testing policy. I dont recall acting as if I did and in following the thread I have been asking and recieving answers. Frankly I shouldn't know a damn thing about it because professional football players should have enough sense to stay clean.

Dont try and read between the lines. Ive been a Zeke fan since before the draft. But you are naive if you cant indentify a pattern of questionable behavior. Im not trying to crucify the guy but having known of the scandalous woman he was dating and the implications of his text with her, showing up at the Marijuana dispensary was stupid. Hes under a spot light and working under the most ridiculous commisioner of my life time. Hopefully this is where the story concludes, but whatever lax habbits he had in college will need to stop before he gets caught slipping. Its not complicated.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree that some people drink with responsibility to not get drunk. True statement. But all do it to get impaired to the level they feel comfortable being at. Some underestimate. But there is no amount of the highest grade pot I could smoke, would make me dangerous to anyone, and that includes myself.
that is bs........then why do it if if you don't get high..... driving high is just as dangerous.......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

You would say? Probably? I would say you probably don't know what you are talking about.

Further, that it is illegal is what makes it difficult to gauge. Standardized cultivation and processing makes that go away completely. Mentioning percentages with absolutely no basis for either statistic is a nice touch.