Zeke Elliott texts about passing drug tests?

JDSmith

Reaction score
Right I dont know much about the nfl drug testing policy. I dont recall acting as if I did and in following the thread I have been asking and recieving answers. Frankly I shouldn't know a damn thing about it because professional football players should have enough sense to stay clean.

Dont try and read between the lines. Ive been a Zeke fan since before the draft. But you are naive if you cant indentify a pattern of questionable behavior. Im not trying to crucify the guy but having known of the scandalous woman he was dating and the implications of his text with her, showing up at the Marijuana dispensary was stupid. Hes under a spot light and working under the most ridiculous commisioner of my life time. Hopefully this is where the story concludes, but whatever lax habbits he had in college will need to stop before he gets caught slipping. Its not complicated.

And yet he can smoke every day until the beginning of March or so and and still be clean according to the NFL. The only way he won't be able to smoke as frequently as he wants is if he's actually in the program. So his lax habits are not a concern unless he gets himself into the program. That just the way the system works.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You would say? Probably? I would say you probably don't know what you are talking about.

Further, that it is illegal is what makes it difficult to gauge. Standardized cultivation and processing makes that go away completely. Mentioning percentages with absolutely no basis for either statistic is a nice touch.
I said it was a guess but that isn't good enough for Dr Fuzzy....I don't live at a Holiday Inn Express like you but I have tried and witnessed a lot of partaking and imbibing and can speak from experience

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No it's not. Pot has debilitating effects certainly but it doesn't screw with equilibrium and motor control even remotely to the degree that alcohol does. Further it does not reduce inhibitions like alcohol does.
Complete propaganda

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said it was a guess but that isn't good enough for Dr Fuzzy....I don't live at a Holiday Inn Express like you but I have tried and witnessed a lot of partaking and imbibing and can speak from experience

Now comes the part where it is made to be about me.

I never claimed to be an expert. I just am pointing out you are talking out of your butt. Personal anecdotes are your standard for pot consumption across the US?

I don't need to be an expert to show you to be wrong. I just need specious arguments like the above.

plymkr

Reaction score
I got nothing against the green leaf, but I would say he's not being very smart about it...
Ya, I'm concerned about his judgement off the field. TBH tho, I am somewhat releaved that it's Zeke with these red flags and not Dak. You rarely get franchise players so to get a franchise RB and QB in the same class is unheard of. If one of them is going to have a problem that could affect their NFL future, I'd rather have it be the RB than QB. Franchise QBs are harder to find. I hope Zeke can stay out of the spotlight off the field tho. This crap gets old.

cross

Reaction score
that is bs........then why do it if if you don't get high..... driving high is just as dangerous.......
No hard feelings, but I said nothing about driving under any kind of influence, I'm sure they are not testing Elliot for driving under the influence of pot. But if a man or woman wants to partake in the privacy of their home on a Friday night in their own living room, why do you need to scientifically extract body fluids to find out what you don't know. Leave people alone if they aren't harming you. Yet you support the idea or at least don't rebel against bars, which invite drinking, and most drive there and drive home, you leave it up to them. I think people should educate themselves on the affects of Marijuana before acting like they know, that's all. Drinking is WAY more danderous, even after 4 or 5 beers at a bar. No hard feelings guy, I know the affects of both, personally, and I am sure some won't agree, but I bet they are not educated on the subject. Still love you though !! I can respect all opinions. I'm sure mine is from an informed one and not bs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Complete propaganda

Well there is the NIH and then there is the wishful thinking of bkight . . . . .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

Attentiveness, vigilance, perception of time and speed, and use of acquired knowledge are all affected by marijuana;1821 in fact, a meta-analysis of 60 studies concluded that marijuana causes impairment in every performance area that can reasonably be connected with safe driving of a vehicle, such as tracking, motor coordination, visual functions, and particularly complex tasks that require divided attention,22 although studies on marijuana’s effects on reaction time have been contradictory.23 Similar conclusions have been reached by other reviewers.2 Worse still, marijuana and alcohol, when used together, have additive or even multiplicative effects on impairment.24 Consequently, on the basis of cognitive studies, it seems reasonable to propose that smoking marijuana may increase the risk of having a fatal traffic accident.

Alcohol at 0.75 g/kg (slightly less than four standard drinks) causes high levels of impairment in psychomotor performance and medium-to-high levels of impairment in such tasks as critical flicker fusion and short-term memory.25 Alcohol impairs pursuit tracking, divided attention, signal detection, hazard perception,2628 reaction time, attention, concentration, and hand-eye coordination.29, 30

Alcohol also reduces the perceived negative consequences of risk-taking,31 which can increase willingness to take risks after drinking,32 the amount of risk-taking behavior while driving, even at low alcohol doses,33and the incidence of road traffic accidents while driving drunk.34, 35 However, there is considerable variability in the effects that alcohol can have on people—the same dose may have different effects not only on different individuals, but also in the same individual on different occasions, because of other factors such as gender, body mass index, age, drinking habits, time of day, stomach contents, genetics, stage of the menstrual cycle, and environmental factors.36

Surprisingly, given the alarming results of cognitive studies, most marijuana-intoxicated drivers show only modest impairments on actual road tests.37, 38 Experienced smokers who drive on a set course show almost no functional impairment under the influence of marijuana, except when it is combined with alcohol.39

cross

Reaction score
that is bs........then why do it if if you don't get high..... driving high is just as dangerous.......
Oh and yes, I would smoke it to get high, if I do ? And your point is? What's alcohol for? At any extent of consumption?

Dundalis

Reaction score
The only one seemingly concerned about his ability to pass the test there seems to be the ex girlfriend. The same manipulative person who lied about a DV claim against him and tried to stir trouble calling NFL teams. Why is anything a proven liar said being believed? For all we know she had planned this to use against him.

CWR

Reaction score
And yet he can smoke every day until the beginning of March or so and and still be clean according to the NFL. The only way he won't be able to smoke as frequently as he wants is if he's actually in the program. So his lax habits are not a concern unless he gets himself into the program. That just the way the system works.

Thank you for restating what you already said. Allow me to do the same. Hes made some questionable decision. The fear is that hes been here one offseason and if this is any indication of how he manages his life eventually one of his questionable decisions will come back to haunt us. Obviously if he felt the need to be stressed about a test he was at risk. That doesn't mean this situation in a vacuum is a huge deal. It only means hes establishing a history that likely cant continue without disciplinary measures sometime down the road IF he doesnt tighten it up.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Well there is the NIH and then there is the wishful thinking of bkight . . . . .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/
Here is mine

Effects on Driving: The drug manufacturer suggests that patients receiving treatment with Marinol® should be specifically warned not to drive until it is established that they are able to tolerate the drug and perform such tasks safely. Epidemiology data from road traffic arrests and fatalities indicate that after alcohol, marijuana is the most frequently detected psychoactive substance among driving populations. Marijuana has been shown to impair performance on driving simulator tasks and on open and closed driving courses for up to approximately 3 hours. Decreased car handling performance, increased reaction times, impaired time and distance estimation, inability to maintain headway, lateral travel, subjective sleepiness, motor incoordination, and impaired sustained vigilance have all been reported. Some drivers may actually be able to improve performance for brief periods by overcompensating for self-perceived impairment. The greater the demands placed on the driver, however, the more critical the likely impairment. Marijuana may particularly impair monotonous and prolonged driving. Decision times to evaluate situations and determine appropriate responses increase. Mixing alcohol and marijuana may dramatically produce effects greater than either drug on its own.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Here is mine

Effects on Driving: The drug manufacturer suggests that patients receiving treatment with Marinol® should be specifically warned not to drive until it is established that they are able to tolerate the drug and perform such tasks safely. Epidemiology data from road traffic arrests and fatalities indicate that after alcohol, marijuana is the most frequently detected psychoactive substance among driving populations. Marijuana has been shown to impair performance on driving simulator tasks and on open and closed driving courses for up to approximately 3 hours. Decreased car handling performance, increased reaction times, impaired time and distance estimation, inability to maintain headway, lateral travel, subjective sleepiness, motor incoordination, and impaired sustained vigilance have all been reported. Some drivers may actually be able to improve performance for brief periods by overcompensating for self-perceived impairment. The greater the demands placed on the driver, however, the more critical the likely impairment. Marijuana may particularly impair monotonous and prolonged driving. Decision times to evaluate situations and determine appropriate responses increase. Mixing alcohol and marijuana may dramatically produce effects greater than either drug on its own.

What part of "Pot has debilitating effects certainly but it doesn't screw with equilibrium and motor control even remotely to the degree that alcohol does," was difficult to understand?

None of that was mutually exclusive with what I said. You remain wrong to conflate the dangers of pot with the dangers of alcohol. Alcohol is much more dangerous.

Further, that is partially a drug disclaimer where they are trying to limit liability. As the NIH pointed out studies regarding reaction time are mixed and not certain for example.

Lastly how about a link?

cross

Reaction score
Here is mine

This again shows
Here is mine

cross

Reaction score
This again shows
So you have changed your argument to the "Effects on Driving" I thought the original post was about passing a Urinalysis, not about driving on alcohol or pot... your argument has morphed, and they used to teach me in grade school MJ would make me halucinate. We now have cars that are turbo charged, even superchargers installed, but continue to drive that carbuerated engine. Because those cars go TOO fast and SHOULD be outlawed. You entertain me though, and I respect you trying to get educated on something you only read about. I understand some of your concerns, I really do, but to invade by bodily fluid extraction is a violation of privacy. Thats a fact!

JDSmith

Reaction score
I don't smoke pot or drink, but I can't imagine a scenario where I'd care if someone else does provided he's not putting other people at risk with his behavior.

Pass your test Zeke, as long as you do that I'll still cheer.

cross

Reaction score
I don't smoke pot or drink, but I can't imagine a scenario where I'd care if someone else does provided he's not putting other people at risk with his behavior.

Pass your test Zeke, as long as you do that I'll still cheer.
Now that is a Very sensible comment..
I agree with this post ..........

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you have changed your argument to the "Effects on Driving" I thought the original post was about passing a Urinalysis, not about driving on alcohol or pot... your argument has morphed, and they used to teach me in grade school MJ would make me halucinate. We now have cars that are turbo charged, even superchargers installed, but continue to drive that carbuerated engine. Because those cars go TOO fast and SHOULD be outlawed. You entertain me though, and I respect you trying to get educated on something you only read about. I understand some of your concerns, I really do, but to invade by bodily fluid extraction is a violation of privacy. Thats a fact!
I go where the thread takes us.......if you want to argue nonsense I will oblige you....i can admit weed gets you high and it looks like EE partakes.........as a Cowboy fan I hope he smartens up and doesn't follow in Gregory's and McClain's footsteps

visionary

Reaction score
This seems to be old "news".

This guy has not played a single down in the nfl and he had already been accused of domestic violence, been caught visiting a pot shop and someone close to him is worried about whether or not he will pass a drug test

That is not a good start

Reactions: CWR