RELEASED Zeke has been released

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Sad to see him go like this, but it had to happen.

Beyond being an exciting player for a few years, I also like that Zeke got his money from Jerry before the team drove him into the ground. No career is guaranteed, so it was good to see the player get his money, when he deserved it.
If he hadn't been so overpaid he might still be here.

Bagman

Reaction score
But he's supposed to be the tough power back.

The real tough one in the family is his mother. Zeke was born head first.
You are hilarious. You're wasting your time here, man. You should have a Netflix special ala Dave Chappelle.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

No big surprise, he was only going to stay on if he'd accept a greatly reduced salary or some other financial wizardy took place. Either he wouldn't take the offer Jerry made or one wasn't made at all. Maybe Zeke said he wouldn't take anything but X dollars and Jerry/Stephen told him point blank that wasn't doable.
Oh well, he had $50 mil in guaranteed money, not like he's a poor man.
I do think he'll turn up on another team in some capacity....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Zeke was a great player for 5 years.

But the wear and tear significantly affected his abilities over the last 2 seasons.

Good luck Zeke.

Your rookie season was a lot of of fun to watch.
So was Prescott's.

The salad days.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
Let's face it, Zeke had two things going for him when we drafted him - he was straight-line fast and he could get the tough yards. He can still get the tough yards for the most part, but the speed is gone. The last couple of years he couldn't make anyone miss, and left a lot of yards on the field. Love the guy, but it was time. Wish him well.

rambo2

Reaction score
I didn't think it would happen, but glad it did.

It was a couple years too late, but it is the right move.
Looks like you were wrong again. Are you sticking with your 3rd place prediction after your 8 win prediction from last year?

stiletto

Reaction score
Looks like you were wrong again. Are you sticking with your 3rd place prediction after your 8 win prediction from last year?
I mean, it is kind understandable that people become cynical when it comes to the Cowboys owner decisions. It pretty much takes insanely obvious decisions for anyone to be right. Smart decisions are usually submarined every year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Had similar production to what Murray gave us in 2014 behind one of the best run blocking lines in NFL history. After 2017, Zeke steadily declined each year.

Disliked the pick in 2016 and this should teach Jerry and Stephen a lesson about taking an RB with your top 5 pick. Unless you see a generational RB there, you can wait until late in the first or later for an RB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The saddest off-season day I have ever experienced is the day Bill Parcells released Emmitt Smith. I survived that so I know I will survive this but it feels very similar. The saying, "It's a business" has never been clearer. I truly do see how this is for the betterment of the team. It's times like these that separate loyalty for the team from loyalty for the player. I'm certainly a Zeke fan but I'm a bigger Cowboys fan, so I see this as something that had to happen for a chance for the team to get better.

Jipper

Reaction score
The saddest off-season day I have ever experienced is the day Bill Parcells released Emmitt Smith. I survived that so I know I will survive this but it feels very similar. The saying, "It's a business" has never been clearer. I truly do see how this is for the betterment of the team. It's times like these that separate loyalty for the team from loyalty for the player. I'm certainly a Zeke fan but I'm a bigger Cowboys fan, so I see this as something that had to happen for a chance for the team to get better.
Sorry dude, but Emmitt was a class act, warrior and the heart of a champion.

Zeke was not on his level, and not worthy of the same level of sadness to his departure.

Zeke put himself first, Emmit put the cowboys first, sad zeke is done but he did not earn anything close to what Emmit did.