Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cowherd says anything and everything that's on the hotplate and he thinks he's the smartest man in the room because of it.
Even though he gets so much wrong...

It's a weird thing, feeling you're super-smart because you can open your mouth.

2 train of thoughts....

1. He is right in the sense....#21 is a knucklehead...and we shouldn't be held hostage by a player w/ his character.

2. You can't tell me Cowherd doesn't have an agenda to see the Cowboys split up though. Face it. Cowherd is the face of the LA market and their mouth peice....The Cowboys are a threat to the Rams getting back to the Super Bowl. What better way to sabotage the Cowboys...than to start a controversy..w/ our most valuable player on offense.

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines...And in this case...you better look closely.:popcorn:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you both really missed my point. Altestic said losing the SB to hi is the same as going 3-13, which means the game simply isnt fun for him unless th eteam wins the SB. The game cant only be fun when you win. That is exactly what makes the game fun... the struggle to win, and how hard it is to win.
Ok got it. No doubt it’s more fun winning.

But after a few years, losing isn’t much fun. But my team only makes up about 3 hours of a 25-30 hours of watching football during the season.

But I’d agree , the SB or Bust type fan is for fringe or casual fans , not Diehards.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
2 train of thoughts....

1. He is right in the sense....#21 is a knucklehead...and we shouldn't be held hostage by a player w/ his character.

2. You can't tell me Cowherd doesn't have an agenda to see the Cowboys split up though. Face it. Cowherd is the face of the LA market and their mouth peice....The Cowboys are a threat to the Rams getting back to the Super Bowl. What better way to sabotage the Cowboys...than to start a controversy..w/ our most valuable player on offense.

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines...And in this case...you better look closely.:popcorn:
You could be right.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ugh... the Alamodome. I remember going to Spurs games there.
It was awful.
Yea, I saw a playoff game there years ago with Lakers. Horrible venue for Hoops but I loved going there for Training Camp. I’d often stay a week. So nice being inside and great city for that atmosphere.

Corso

Reaction score
Yea, I saw a playoff game there years ago with Lakers. Horrible venue for Hoops but I loved going there for Training Camp. I’d often stay a week. So nice being inside and great city for that atmosphere.
Ah yes. I remember that. It's true that it was a nice venue for football. I believe they built it to lure a NFL team, but failed.
Too bad because you're right - SA loves football and is a Cowboys town through and through. Might be why they didn't get a team. Jerry didn't want to break up the fandom of that region.
For basketball, where they had to curtain off half the building? Awful.
Good location though: right off the highway, close to downtown, the Riverwalk and lots of shopping and bars/eating establishments.

I like the arena the Spurs play in now. Very easy to get in and out. Not the nicest part of town and I think they're missing out by not propping that area up, but what do I know?
Not much, on that end.

Altestic

Reaction score
I guess you were too young to have seen the Saints when they played a few home games in San Antonio?
Was 11 for Katrina. Birthday is in spring so I was 11 that year, too. Not too young for that. I remember vividly. Didn't have much to do at that age so I followed sports and hurricanes religiously. My team was still the Cowboys, though.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I won some free Rockets tickets years ago from a drawing. I forgot the year but it was in the peak of Olajuwon’s career. They set us up with a hotel room on the Riverwalk and some spending money.

I thought....awesome, going to be a great time. Well, it was a Days Inn off I10. We went to the game and our seats were behind a friggin column and could not see much. What a letdown.....

Altestic

Reaction score
you both really missed my point. Altestic said losing the SB to hi is the same as going 3-13, which means the game simply isnt fun for him unless th eteam wins the SB. The game cant only be fun when you win. That is exactly what makes the game fun... the struggle to win, and how hard it is to win.
The struggle yes, but I'm saying for ONE season only to be irrelevant but give a young QB a chance to do his best and jump right back into contention immediately the following year after landing a top 3 draft pick.

Altestic

Reaction score
Ah yes. I remember that. It's true that it was a nice venue for football. I believe they built it to lure a NFL team, but failed.
Too bad because you're right - SA loves football and is a Cowboys town through and through. Might be why they didn't get a team. Jerry didn't want to break up the fandom of that region.
For basketball, where they had to curtain off half the building? Awful.
Good location though: right off the highway, close to downtown, the Riverwalk and lots of shopping and bars/eating establishments.

I like the arena the Spurs play in now. Very easy to get in and out. Not the nicest part of town and I think they're missing out by not propping that area up, but what do I know?
Not much, on that end.
SA is definitely a football city. The Spurs are 2nd to the Cowboys even though they are based locally. SA loves the Cowboys more than DFW does, honestly. Up here in DFW you have a bunch of nonchalant casual Cowboys fans and a bunch of fans from other teams and a bunch of people that care more about getting drunk and hooking up with chicks than the actual game (definitely NOT ME! - I'd sacrifice getting laid for 5 years to see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl). Whereas SA is diehard Cowboy fans - win or lose.

The problem with the Spurs are, yes they won 5 rings in the last 20 years which is nice but they can't stay irrelevant in basketball now for too long because it's basketball, regular season basketball is really dull if you know your team doesn't have a chance to compete for at least another several seasons at best. They might need to relocate soon because that city really won't show up to the games, attendance has been an issue for awhile now there.

Corso

Reaction score
I won some free Rockets tickets years ago from a drawing. I forgot the year but it was in the peak of Olajuwon’s career. They set us up with a hotel room on the Riverwalk and some spending money.

I thought....awesome, going to be a great time. Well, it was a Days Inn off I10. We went to the game and our seats were behind a friggin column and could not see much. What a letdown.....
They put you behind "The Column"?
Ha ha ha ha! At first I thought that was a legend because I generally sat close, but I had always heard about it.
Lol...

I know the Days Inn Riverwalk. I've... uh... been there. Impromptu, of course after meeting someone while roaming the RW and having mutually great, spontaneous ideas.

Dang... I remember sitting 3rd row behind the bench for $45 a pop.
Now??? No way.

Corso

Reaction score
SA is definitely a football city. The Spurs are 2nd to the Cowboys even though they are based locally. SA loves the Cowboys more than DFW does, honestly. Up here in DFW you have a bunch of nonchalant casual Cowboys fans and a bunch of fans from other teams and a bunch of people that care more about getting drunk and hooking up with chicks than the actual game (definitely NOT ME! - I'd sacrifice getting laid for 5 years to see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl).

The problem with the Spurs are, yes they won 5 rings in the last 20 years which is nice but they can't stay irrelevant in basketball now for too long because it's basketball, regular season basketball is really dull if you know your team doesn't have a chance to compete for at least another several seasons at best. They might need to relocate soon because that city really won't show up to the games, attendance has been an issue for awhile now there.
They must all have "oriental" eyes in your area...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They put you behind "The Column"?
Ha ha ha ha! At first I thought that was a legend because I generally sat close, but I had always heard about it.
Lol...

I know the Days Inn Riverwalk. I've... uh... been there. Impromptu, of course after meeting someone while roaming the RW and having mutually great, spontaneous ideas.

Dang... I remember sitting 3rd row behind the bench for $45 a pop.
Now??? No way.

Yup, right behind it....I can scratch that off my bucket list :lmao:

Oh, the Days Inn wasn’t the one at the Riverwalk, it was about 8 miles away off the freeway :muttley:

Altestic

Reaction score
They must all have "oriental" eyes in your area...
Down in SA they are not my type (unless you're on the north side, but I grew up on the west side). Once they're over around 22 the Latinas down there just put on too many pounds.

Up in DFW it's a different problem. Just not good pickings at all, really despite much more diversity. I'm thinking of moving up north, honestly. I had more success with chicks in Cincinnati and Manhattan, NYC.

Corso

Reaction score

Oh, the Days Inn wasn’t the one at the Riverwalk, it was about 8 miles away off the freeway :muttley:
I know which one you're talking about.
I have a super-crazy story about a Days Inn, but the one in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd..
There is zero way I will say it here because the mods might annihilate me, but... whoo!
Wild stuff goes on over there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Was 11 for Katrina. Birthday is in spring so I was 11 that year, too. Not too young for that. I remember vividly. Didn't have much to do at that age so I followed sports and hurricanes religiously. My team was still the Cowboys, though.
I went to the Saints/Lions game at the Alamodome. I had to listen to the Cowboys/Panthers game that was played at the same time on my radio that I smuggled into the dome.

Altestic

Reaction score

Honestly the SA RW is overrated unless you're going around Christmas time, and even then the lights aren't as good as they used to be.

Corso

Reaction score
Down in SA they are not my type (unless you're on the north side, but I grew up on the west side). Once they're over around 22 the Latinas down there just put on too many pounds.

Up in DFW it's a different problem. Just not good pickings at all, really despite much more diversity. I'm thinking of moving up north, honestly. I had more success with chicks in Cincinnati and Manhattan, NYC.
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, my friend.
And all of our eyes focus differently.

Altestic

Reaction score
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, my friend.
And all of our eyes focus differently.
I agree 100%. Also, it makes sense. If every man had the same taste in women as I did, then I'd have more competition, which is bad for me!

Also, I wouldn't mind if 1/4 of the male population was gay, and less than 0.001% of women were bi or lesbians. Because then, more choices for us straight men!

Corso

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Also, it makes sense. If every man had the same taste in women as I did, then I'd have more competition, which is bad for me!

Also, I wouldn't mind if 1/4 of the male population was gay, and less than 0.001% of women were bi or lesbians. Because then, more choices for us straight men!
Totally back on Topic:
I don't think Zeke is going to hold out this year.
I agree with @Idgit that this is more of a ploy that started itself and he and his agent are just riding the wave.

Altestic

Reaction score
Totally back on Topic:
I don't think Zeke is going to hold out this year.
I agree with @Idgit that this is more of a ploy that started itself and he and his agent are just riding the wave.
Why would you hold out with TWO seasons left? That's stupid.

Even the 5th year option season... it's not exactly a franchise tag. Part of the presige of being a 1st round pick comes with the agreement of the 5th year team option, which is signed to before a player's rookie year. Players must be accountable and held to the contracts they sign. The commissioner should banish a player that holds out from a contract that they already agreed upon. Holdouts should only be legal for players receiving the franchise tag, because that is completely against their will.