Twitter: Zeke: I'm ready to make a run in the playoffs

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If KM uses Zeke and Pollard correctly no reason why those two shouldn't dominate most games. However, not sure if I'm more concerned with KM play calling or the OL struggling with the run like the second half of the season last year.

If KM calls the first play of the season for Zeke to run up the gut for 2 yards I may turn off the TV and go watch wet paint dry

I would be less concerned about the play call than I would the blocking. If we are able to get movement up front but the linebacker fills and holds it to a short gain I would be encouraged. If the backside DE runs in untouched and Zeke has to drag him and two of his friends just to get back to the line of scrimmage and then fight forward for a couple of yards, my heart will sink. Or if Vea pushes McGovern and Biadasz two yards back ... we will know then we're in for a loooong night.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Oh I see...he didn;t say it exactly as you demand he say it. So therefor we have to add the "now" part and make SURE we spin it as negatively as we possibly can. Got it.

Calm down there, Stevie...if you get excited over the "really really really serious" talk from this team, more power to ya. Zeke finally wants to win....WOOOOO!!!! Better?

Proof

Reaction score
Stuff like this is annoying.

Was you not ready before you became washed and a shell of yourself?

You're ready now? Why wasn't you always ready?

agreed, but some guys that have been successful up until the league assume things will carryover. Guy won at ever stage and then became the rushing champion. Probably just thought doing his job was all that was necessary as it had been. It's a little late, but I'm all for any extra determination, effort and acknowledgement.

Cmac

Reaction score
I would be less concerned about the play call than I would the blocking. If we are able to get movement up front but the linebacker fills and holds it to a short gain I would be encouraged. If the backside DE runs in untouched and Zeke has to drag him and two of his friends just to get back to the line of scrimmage and then fight forward for a couple of yards, my heart will sink. Or if Vea pushes McGovern and Biadasz two yards back ... we will know then we're in for a loooong night.
Some on this board fail to acknowledge, as a OL goes, so does the RB. Here, as Zeke is stopped, it must be Zeke fault.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calm down there, Stevie...if you get excited over the "really really really serious" talk from this team, more power to ya. Zeke finally wants to win....WOOOOO!!!! Better?
I'm not excited over "really really serious talk".

What is disappointing is the way you guys denigrate our players. You keep adding words like "NOW" and "finally"..so you can. I don;t understand the point of changing what he said so you can look tough and have your "fun".

So because he said this....He's "finally" ready? I used quotes there...not because Zeke said "finally" but because YOU made it up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agreed, but some guys that have been successful up until the league assume things will carryover. Guy won at ever stage and then became the rushing champion. Probably just thought doing his job was all that was necessary as it had been. It's a little late, but I'm all for any extra determination, effort and acknowledgement.
So according to you....the guy has "just been doing his job". Agreeing to play injured last year....and taking the heat for reduced performance...is just "doing his job"?

You guys are nuts. That guy has always wanted to win. Some casual pre-season blurb....and now suddenly he's never wanted to win before? Nuts.

Hoods

Reaction score
Zeke said it, not us.

Don't get mad at the fans, get mad at Zeke for just now deciding that he's ready to make a deep playoff run.
Me saying I'm ready for work this morning doesn't mean I wasn't ready for work the morning before, but if that's how your brain works, then again, you and Jerruh deserve each other :)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Me saying I'm ready for work this morning doesn't mean I wasn't ready for work the morning before, but if that's how your brain works, then again, you and Jerruh deserve each other :)
It doesn't mean you was ready for work either.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Stuff like this is annoying.

Was you not ready before you became washed and a shell of yourself?

You're ready now? Why wasn't you always ready?

Yup, just hot air. He didn't realize the goal was to go deep in the playoffs and try to win a super bowl/ He didn't realize he is supposed to be in his best shape and put forth the effort every year? Oh now he's ready. lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yup, just hot air. He didn't realize the goal was to go deep in the playoffs and try to win a super bowl/ He didn't realize he is supposed to be in his best shape and put forth the effort every year? Oh now he's ready. lol
He achieved his real goal and that is to sign a fat contract.

Proof

Reaction score
So according to you....the guy has "just been doing his job". Agreeing to play injured last year....and taking the heat for reduced performance...is just "doing his job"?

You guys are nuts. That guy has always wanted to win. Some casual pre-season blurb....and now suddenly he's never wanted to win before? Nuts.

hush. it was speculation and just riffing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's right. Zeke never realized he was supposed to "be ready" ever before in his life.

"NOW"....he's finally realized he's ready. I wonder if the rest of the team might be.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Wish this team stay focus on whats in front of them. Stop thinking 3 to 4 months ahead. Our offensive line is already suspect. How they played might be in the end of Zeke stay here.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Mods this thread is a perfect example of why we need a clown face emoji. Can we get that added?

Thanks in advance.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Wish this team stay focus on whats in front of them. Stop thinking 3 to 4 months ahead. Our offensive line is already suspect. How they played might be in the end of Zeke stay here.

Yea they seem to get ahead of themselves. Some were talking about the super bowl after week 4 last year. Jerrah seems to create that environment though.