News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
almost 10 am CST, what's the hold up

Don't be surprised now that it has leaked he's suspended, that the NFL lets this drag out longer leaving the Cowboys and Elliott in the dark for longer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Totally

Totally disagree
See 2015.

Still a strong rushing team, just nowhere near as dangerous as last year (or 2014)
2nd last year,
9th in 2015
2nd in 2014

Anyway, I don't buy this 6 game rumor

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Being in the news and accused of something is now reason enough to punish.

Sad.

That's the day and times we live in. Kangaroo court and the court of public opinion. Like everyone on here trashing Zeke the second the story hit about the club incident. Without even knowing the details.

CWR

Reaction score
To clarify my points here. One, I believe if the 6 games comes down (barring any new evidence/events we don't know about), the NFL has overstepped their bounds here to send a message. Nothing better than taking the most popular team and one of their most popular players and dropping a hammer on him to send a message.

But on the flip side, the real reason we are here is that Elliott has acted like a moron off the field since coming into the league. In the end, any suspension that sticks is largely his fault, not the league's, Goodell's, etc.

Im with you man its BS but Zeke put himself in a position to fail.

aria

Reaction score
The NFL has been inconsistent in their punishments with several players and under several varying circumstances. I hate and disagree with it but this is nothing new. Stop acting like we're the only ones.

Take Brent for example. How is it he KILLS a teammate from recklessly speeding under the influence of alcohol and he's even allowed to come back to the NFL? Did Jerry pull some strings? I don't remember any Cowboys fans crying foul but the rest of the league was, justifiably so IMO.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Wlu0i3s.jpg

Irresponsible conduct Must show respect for others

EGAJutI.jpg

Don't have to be charged with any crime.

CV8xEiP.jpg

Even if you are found innocent by the courts, NFL can still find you guilty

Well it's all in the personal conduct policy, and all the players read and signed it. You don't have much of a case. It's like argueing with the police that everyone else was speeding too, why did you pull me over? Cause I wanted to.

superonyx

Reaction score
What has Beckham done off the field?
What is the status of the Lesean McCoy investigation the league is conducting? Wait I cant find anything saying they are even investigating...
Here is a quick list of off the field conduct not being investigated all by McCoy:
1. Accused of punching a women in the face on a party bus and kicking her off on the side of the NJ turnpike.
https://********.com/lawsuit-says-lesean-mccoy-assaulted-and-ditched-woman-o-505830435
2. 2 off duty police officers are suing McCoy for being beaten to a pulp and hospitalized in Old City Philly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hiladelphia-bar-fight/?utm_term=.c54557a16a21
3. McCoy bashes the mother of his child publically. Later apologized.
http://********.com/5979293/lesean-...after-she-accuses-him-of-being-a-deadbeat-dad
4. McCoy uses Bills NFL logo to solicit girls for a shady party where they had to pass a hotness test and agree to leave their cell phones behind.
http://www.businessinsider.com/lesean-mccoy-cancels-females-only-instagram-party-2015-7

So where is the investigation into him.

John813

Reaction score
The NFL has been inconsistent in their punishments with several players and under several varying circumstances. I hate and disagree with it but this is nothing new. Stop acting like we're the only ones.

Take Brent for example. How is it he KILLS a teammate from recklessly speeding under the influence of alcohol and he's even allowed to come back to the NFL? Did Jerry pull some strings? I don't remember any Cowboys fans crying foul but the rest of the league was, justifiably so IMO.

Donte Stallworth killed a guy while driving under the influence. Came back after a suspension(16 games)
Leonard Little killed a woman while under the influence. Came back after a suspension(8 games)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Hate to say this but probably the best thing that ever happened to Zeke is to get suspended. Hopefully he finally gets it and starts acting appropriately. No player is above the NFL.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah, is that really in the realm of the recurring problems that Elliott has had off the field? I don't believe so.

I suspect if the only thing Elliott did or the only situation he found himself in off the field was a boozey, druggy boat party, we wouldn't be worrying about a suspension right now.

To be fair you asked what obj had done off the field. I think that incident is as bad as any of Zekes but it is only a single incident so no he shouldnt be punished by nfl standards. However, it was glossed over with out much attention whatsoever.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The NFLs conduct policy really gives the league tremendous scope and power to discipline players. The players (CBA) agreed to this, they must live with the consequences or change the rules next time the cable is up

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Cris Carter looks like he was right.
CC is a former Buckeye just like Zeke. He might have some info from sources in Columbus. This would explain him hinting that there is more info coming out that the general public is not aware of that the NFL now has possession of. Hope he's wrong or misinformed.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Zeke could use a wake up call. He's at the very least, irresponsible and immature. Just my opinion, and I understand he's 22 and a millionaire.

As far as Jerry's public posturing? Well, he's got a 22 year old marketable superstar that he's trying to sell you on the fact that whatever transpired is not that terrible. Jerry being Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.