Zeke is garbage time Zeke

willia451

Reaction score
Spare me. We got drilled because our defense couldn't stop the run and GB got up by 3 scores on us early. So we put it all on Dak to catch up and he can't do it.

Has nothing to do with Zeke.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Actually, you are right. He actually made one big play on the catch. It happens so rarely, you forget. And certainly 25 yards represents a monster play for him.

The point is that he cant be relied upon. Games we pound him, we lose.

Cant game plan around him because all he really does is gain 4 yards a pop and not much else.

Did you watch the diversity and big play ability of Aaron Jones? Bouncing to the outside, scoring TDs?

Aaron Jones actually cares about more than just money and didn't get fat after 2016 to withstand bellcow usage.

aria

Reaction score
Feel like you're referring to what i said. Albeit passive aggressively. Literally no one said they wouldn't take Barkley lol. In our style of offense, or what it use to be rather, revolved around the zeke. And nearly running him into the ground year after year. So the way he runs is serviceable but he CAN do more and we are not seeing it at the moment. And that will be an issue if it continues. We'd imagine that he would look more like marshawn and not a 30+ year old frank gore.

And everyone can tell hes slower despite what anyone or Zeke says.
I honestly have no idea what you said and I agree with your post.

aria

Reaction score
Spare me. We got drilled because our defense couldn't stop the run and GB got up by 3 scores on us early. So we put it all on Dak to catch up and he can't do it.

Neither did New Orleans, neither did the Rams, neither did the Colts...he only gets credits for W’s, never losses. For 90 million he didn’t do anything Pollard couldn’t have done. IMOF, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pollard would have scored on that play in the red zone where Zeke couldn’t make the corner nor did he make any kind of move or throw a stiff arm, he just went down like a rag doll.

Pokes12

Reaction score

Really? Zeke rushed for virtually no yards and it had nothing to do with the loss? We should hav in all over this team. We only ran well when 20 was given the pill. Zeke is fat and slow.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Neither did New Orleans, neither did the Rams, neither did the Colts...he only gets credits for W’s, never losses. For 90 million he didn’t do anything Pollard couldn’t have done. IMOF, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pollard would have scored on that play in the red zone where Zeke couldn’t make the corner nor did he make any kind of move or throw a stiff arm, he just went down like a rag doll.
Exactly correct. Zeke showed us no fight at all, except on the pass he caught. Otherwise he was totally MIA.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Really? Zeke rushed for virtually no yards and it had nothing to do with the loss? We should hav in all over this team. We only ran well when 20 was given the pill. Zeke is fat and slow.

Zeke’s first 2 carries were for 12 yards each carry

aria

Reaction score
Zeke’s first 2 carries were for 12 yards each carry
Nothing Zeke did Pollard couldn’t have done, that’s the point. Although the carries between the two are close in some games and not so much in others, Pollard has had a better ypc in every game minus last night and he wasn’t far off, especially considering Zeke piled on garbage yards after garbage yards at the end of the first half.

So why exactly did we pay him to be a top 2 paid RB? so he could run for 1.9 ypc against the Saints and fumble the ball? Pollard would have had easily the same results IMO and not have fumbled. Last night, Zeke couldn’t get around the edge in the red zone, a few years ago he would have. He didn’t make a move, didn’t stiff arm, just went down. I bet Pollard would have have made the turn or at least made a move and probably have got a TD.

I’m not definitively saying Pollard is better but he’s certainly serviceable enough to pair with a FA back (ie Anderson or Ajayi) and it wouldn’t have cost us 50+ million dollars to carry an entitled diva liability on the roster.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Nothing Zeke did Pollard couldn’t have done, that’s the point. Although the carries between the two are close in some games and not so much in others, Pollard has had a better ypc in every game minus last night and he wasn’t far off, especially considering Zeke piled on garbage yards after garbage yards at the end of the first half.

So why exactly did we pay him to be a top 2 paid RB? so he could run for 1.9 ypc against the Saints and fumble the ball? Pollard would have had easily the same results IMO and not have fumbled. Last night, Zeke couldn’t get around the edge in the red zone, a few years ago he would have. He didn’t make a move, didn’t stiff arm, just went down. I bet Pollard would have have made the turn or at least made a move and probably have got a TD.

I’m not definitively saying Pollard is better but he’s certainly serviceable enough to pair with a FA back (ie Anderson or Ajayi) and it wouldn’t have cost us 50+ million dollars to carry an entitled diva liability on the roster.

I was not for Zeke getting paid as much as he got paid. But I was pointing out Zeke was productive early, but we were pass happy and didn’t even try to run the ball. We threw interceptions(not all Dak’s fault) and got way behind.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Yes, he had 12 carries. 12! After the Pack got the turnover to go up 7-0 they should have pounded Zeke time and again and settled the team down.

But no Dak was chunking 30 yard passes, which is not his strength, stupid play calling...

No lies here.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is now 8th in the NFL in rushing, I may die laughing if he finishes outside the top 10 after getting all that money.
I can’t wait to hear “it was coaching, he never got the ball enough”. Barkley had a better ypc average than Zeke but didn’t get the ball as many times but had he, he would have had the most yards. Can’t argue that with zeke fans though, that doesn’t matter :rolleyes: I guarantee you it will matter when he doesn’t get the rushing title and has less carries than whoever wins it. Of course, with Barkley out, his odds when up significantly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..

After the last quarter of the regular season, DLaw was meh. More meh in the playoffs. No one should be shocked at the lack of elite performance this year. Good but not great. We paid for great.

morat1959

Reaction score
Zeke’s performance this year can be equated to that of DLaw. They both got paid and now they are not performing. Look at the last two weeks Zeke’s yardage in both games came at the end of the first half as the defenses were playing pass, Zeke accumulated most of his meager yards. Shameful, he is nowhere near the best runner in the league. He may not be the best runner in the team. What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..
They owe the Joneses nothing unless the Joneses pay up to all the fans who have supported their side show for the last 23 years.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Zeke averaged a crisp 5.2 YPC and even punched in a TD, for the "Zeke never scores TDs" crowd (what did I say all offseason about positive regression?). He actually had a very good game, he just didn't get fed because of game flow.

Then again, people were *****ing about Cooper last night and he went 11/226/1, so I'm just going to assume this forum will never be happy about anything. Really starting to get sick of this board tbh.

morat1959

Reaction score
This is what you get in Jerry’s world. He doesn’t even hold the head coach accountable. Why do you think players should be held accountable? The circus in Jonesville is a joke. These clowns have made us the laughing stock of the league for too long.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He looks like the slowest rb in the NFL

He honestly does look slower and more hesitant and as a result, the defense is closing in on him faster.

Look, I love Zeke and even bought a Zeke jersey, but I cant pretend to not notice a difference.

Zeke has one single carry over 20 yards for the season..…...27 yards to be exact...….I honestly expect more from highest paid RB in NFL.