Zeke is looking scary good

Blackspider214

Reaction score
But he has no passing game to help him. So temper your expectations.

Or maybe the passing game declined when he went out because they go hand in hand for this offense? Wait, no. That makes too much sense. Lets just blame Dak who has just had a handful of poor games in his 2 year career. This passing game won't be any different than 2016 for this coming season.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'm a huge Zeke fan and it was easy to see he was fat, lazy and out of it last year.

Fat and lazy? Lmao. That's cute.

The investigation wore on him mentally. That's what it was. He wasn't lazy. That's just silly.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
With that kind of logic we might as well stop debating and shutter the board. None of us effect anything........... even pom pom brigade.
59cd47f33a48dd921b623a975ded3351.450x258x33.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Did you like sleep through 2014 and 2016?!!!!

Outside of 2017, we've had 4 years of 1,000+ rushers.

McFadden and Murray got 1,000 yards behind this line. Morris would have topped 1,000 on LESS CARRIES PER GAME than Elliott if he started from week 1.

3 out of the last 5 seasons, we missed the playoffs. Having a good back is a benefit, it is however NOT going to take us over the top. I get excited over lineman and quarterbacks. Not wide receivers and running backs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Zeke is going to get his yards there is no debating that. The real question is can Dak do enough to balance this offense and beat some very good teams on the schedule.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Roundabout way of attacking our QB... Can't help yourself, can ya?
Heard all the same when Romo started and for several years after that
Yea. It’s strange how THEY don’t get warned or penalized. But a mod had the audacity to make a post about those who jump on a thread to defend Dak. Shouldn’t it be both ways? These same morons troll threads just to bash Dak. But it’s ok and allowed. I wonder why???

kskboys

Reaction score
Outside of 2017, we've had 4 years of 1,000+ rushers.

McFadden and Murray got 1,000 yards behind this line. Morris would have topped 1,000 on LESS CARRIES PER GAME than Elliott if he started from week 1.

3 out of the last 5 seasons, we missed the playoffs. Having a good back is a benefit, it is however NOT going to take us over the top. I get excited over lineman and quarterbacks. Not wide receivers and running backs.
Well, your words were that it wouldn't do much for us. That's what I disagreed w/.

It's not the 1,000 yds. There's no magic to having a rusher go for 1,000. The magic came in when we had a back who could get the tough yds, get 4 when there's nothing there. That was Murray and EZ. Morris and McF did not provide that.

I'm on the same page as you, the road to a super bowl almost always leads through the QB, OL, and DL.

What this type of RB does for you is to keep drives alive. It draws the LB's and S's up to the LOS which opens up the O in a big way. The rest of the NFL would disagree w/ you vehemently on the effect a top back like EZ has.

What will take us over the top is a massively disruptive D and a ball control O. So, I think a top RB is much more important than you're thinking, but we need the nastly Dfront to go w/ it. We have the DE's and the UT's, if we can just get that anti-NT disease out of our system.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea. It’s strange how THEY don’t get warned or penalized. But a mod had the audacity to make a post about those who jump on a thread to defend Dak. Shouldn’t it be both ways? These same morons troll threads just to bash Dak. But it’s ok and allowed. I wonder why???
Report them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, your words were that it wouldn't do much for us. That's what I disagreed w/.

It's not the 1,000 yds. There's no magic to having a rusher go for 1,000. The magic came in when we had a back who could get the tough yds, get 4 when there's nothing there. That was Murray and EZ. Morris and McF did not provide that.

I'm on the same page as you, the road to a super bowl almost always leads through the QB, OL, and DL.

What this type of RB does for you is to keep drives alive. It draws the LB's and S's up to the LOS which opens up the O in a big way. The rest of the NFL would disagree w/ you vehemently on the effect a top back like EZ has.

What will take us over the top is a massively disruptive D and a ball control O. So, I think a top RB is much more important than you're thinking, but we need the nastly Dfront to go w/ it. We have the DE's and the UT's, if we can just get that anti-NT disease out of our system.

Both McFadden and Morris were getting "tough yards" and I doubt you have any other stat that proves Elliott is doing this. Again, an RB doesn't elevate a team, especially in this era. It took Peterson having a nearly record breaking year in 2012 to make the Vikings a wildcard team.

What makes teams great - great pass rush, good blocking for a QB, and a great QB. We have one of those things, the other two are questions. And obviously, an RB is not going to do that much for us since we've had good/great RBs for the past 5 seasons and still missed the playoffs the majority of the time.

Pretending no defense was focusing on Morris when he was averaging more yards a carry than Zeke is ridiculous. Defenses fear our O-line because they know they can turn any rando RB into a 1,000 yard back. Zeke may be more talented, and I'll say for the last time, he's not taking us over the top. I don't care how good the kid plays, you don't win Super Bowls with RBs. You win them with great lines and great QBs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Both McFadden and Morris were getting "tough yards" and I doubt you have any other stat that proves Elliott is doing this. Again, an RB doesn't elevate a team, especially in this era. It took Peterson having a nearly record breaking year in 2012 to make the Vikings a wildcard team.

What makes teams great - great pass rush, good blocking for a QB, and a great QB. We have one of those things, the other two are questions. And obviously, an RB is not going to do that much for us since we've had good/great RBs for the past 5 seasons and still missed the playoffs the majority of the time.

Pretending no defense was focusing on Morris when he was averaging more yards a carry than Zeke is ridiculous. Defenses fear our O-line because they know they can turn any rando RB into a 1,000 yard back. Zeke may be more talented, and I'll say for the last time, he's not taking us over the top. I don't care how good the kid plays, you don't win Super Bowls with RBs. You win them with great lines and great QBs.
Lol, what?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

And that's what some don't get.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
But he has no passing game to help him. So temper your expectations.
We won't really know that until the season starts. Lots of time between now and the first game of the season. I have my fingers crossed if that helps. Got a rabbits foot in my pocket also. That's got to be good enough.

Kage

Reaction score
Zeke is going to get his yards there is no debating that. The real question is can Dak do enough to balance this offense and beat some very good teams on the schedule.
Yes, but what is "his yards"
Is it 1200, 1800, 2100?
Could make a big difference.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Well, Joseph Randle could have led the league in rushing if we kept handing him the ball off in 2015, too. But he got cut when he was averaging what Zeke produced in 2017. And Randle had Weeden and Twill scaring opposing defenses.
I became a fan of Randle when he showed he can run hard. His rookie year he just looked so slow and ineffective, nothing like a NFL rb. His second year he was a completely different back.

But Zeke is averaging over 100 yards a game, Randle was only slightly above 50 in 2015...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
A minimal factor. Mostly dump offs. Not running routes down the field. The RB being a big part of the passing game is a lot like the two TE sets. They talk about it all the time but it never happens.

Zeke has no quarterback, no receivers and no tight end. To think that won't have a negative impact on the running game is just foolish. Of course it will. He'll still get his numbers but he won't be MVP dominant because of the lack of talent on offense. Every defensive coordinator on the schedule will be selling out to take him out of the game.
NO QB?? well damn Martha, its no wonder we only won 22 games in 2 years!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I became a fan of Randle when he showed he can run hard. His rookie year he just looked so slow and ineffective, nothing like a NFL rb. His second year he was a completely different back.

But Zeke is averaging close to 100 yards a game, Randle was only slightly above 50 in 2015...
When you are both averaging 4.1 ypc, the difference between averaging 100 yards a game vs. 50 is total number of opportunities. Zeke kept on getting carries and Randle did not. Randle’s production wasn’t good enough and then DMAC game in and out produced him getting 1,000 yards while playing limited time that year.

The long and short of it is Zeke needs to become more efficient with his carries. If he is going to get 350 carries we need him getting ~1800 yards instead of ~1400 yards. That’s the difference between 2016 Zeke and 2017 Zeke.

InTheZone

Reaction score
When you are both averaging 4.1 ypc, the difference between averaging 100 yards a game vs. 50 is total number of opportunities. Zeke kept on getting carries and Randle did not. Randle’s production wasn’t good enough and then DMAC game in and out produced him getting 1,000 yards while playing limited time that year.

The long and short of it is Zeke needs to become more efficient with his carries. If he is going to get 350 carries we need him getting ~1800 yards instead of ~1400 yards. That’s the difference between 2016 Zeke and 2017 Zeke.
If a guy is getting half or less carries I expect the efficiency to be higher.. You comparing 4.1 ypc over 76 carries vs 242 does not sway this in Randles favor. And you know very well Zeke was not at his best last year so again this only goes in favor of Zeke.

And if Zeke is leading the league in rushing I expect Dak to take advantage of that and allow our receivers to have their best games of their career like Dez did when Murray had 1800 yards. If that happens then maybe Zeke can get the 1800 instead of 1600 like you demand. And Zeke was never on pace for anything under 1572 yards at any point in his career, so why you're pulling 1400 out of thin air, who knows. Zeke is no Eddie George like you make it sound.

kskboys

Reaction score

No, they weren't.

Stats? Hey, I'm a stats guy myself, but you have to look at the big pic if you want a real idea of what a RB is bringing to the table.

No one ever said that all it takes is a RB.

You sure seem to be obsessed w/ this 1,000 yd back thingie.

Zeke could indeed take us over the top, but not by himself. Need a D and good play from the QB.