Twitter: Zeke lawyers file for stay on suspension

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
The thing that bugs me is cba this and cba that, BUT the new dv policy was never ratified by the NFLPA the league just instituted it with no vote or input from the NFLPA, that should be illegal

dogberry

Reaction score
The NFL filed some kind of e-document in SDNY that gave that court jurisdiction.

Is there going to be a trial on that jurisdictional event?

Was it just a notice that the NFL was thinking about filing or was it a real event?

Does the NFL have to actually perform an act or will the lack of action terminate their filing?

If a case has been filed is a/the judge (Faila?) going to start setting dates for brief, hearings...?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
The NFL filed some kind of e-document in SDNY that gave that court jurisdiction.

Is there going to be a trial on that jurisdictional event?

Was it just a notice that the NFL was thinking about filing or was it a real event?

Does the NFL have to actually perform an act or will the lack of action terminate their filing?

If a case has been filed is a/the judge (Faila?) going to start setting dates for brief, hearings...?

I think they filed a "Notice to Affirm". Since the Texas case was dismissed, they NFL won the "first to file" battle. I don't think they have filed the actual Motion to Affirm, just the the notice.

dogberry

Reaction score
I think they filed a "Notice to Affirm". Since the Texas case was dismissed, they NFL won the "first to file" battle. I don't think they have filed the actual Motion to Affirm, just the the notice.

Can an interested party file against a notice to affirm?

Is there a time limit on a Notice to Affirm?

Off to wik.

Oh, thank you Bo. ( not to be confused with Boo Radley--aside: objections are being raised to teaching To Kill a Mockingbird--the accusation is all that is needed.)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Check please

What I asked you is, where did I accuse you of Libel. Is that unclear to you? The answer is nowhere. What you refer to here is a comment to Canadian. I believe it was post 245 of this thread, or there about. Here is what was actually said.

CanadianCowboysFan said:
A judicial opinion is a judicial opinion. The PA was negligent in filing early, almost like it wanted to lose, but don't let jurisdictional hocus pocus detract from the fact the document is not black and white. Only one judge has said that fairness is not required, the one in the NFL's pocket.

I said:
Wrong. A judicial opinion from a court that has no jurisdiction is nothing more then an opinion. One which holds as much weight as the average joe. Unfortunately, the only opinion that matters, in this case is the one you just committed libel on. This is all a bunch of crying over something that was long since decided. You don't like it and so you cry about it. Well, all the crying in the world isn't going to change this. This, is exactly what many tried to say months ago. I'm sorry your memory is failing you on this but that's what it comes down to.

Interestingly enough, this has never been about popular opinion, for me. What I believe is right and what actually happens in these kinds of proceedings are very different, most generally. However, it doesn't change the facts. The facts were presented to you and everybody and you didn't listen.

You are still not listening BTW.

Now, is there any proof that this Judge is being paid by the NFL? Is there any proof of wrong doing, what so ever? What does Libel mean to you? To me it is the writing of untruths or false accusations made against another person.

I'd be careful about asking for the check if I were you. Your mouth is writing checks that I am not certain your pocket book can cover.

Last edited:

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Can an interested party file against a notice to affirm?

Is there a time limit on a Notice to Affirm?

Off to wik.

Oh, thank you Bo. ( not to be confused with Boo Radley--aside: objections are being raised to teaching To Kill a Mockingbird--the accusation is all that is needed.)

I don't think you can appeal a notice, not 100% sure though. But since the Texas case was vacated, the NFLPA had really no choice but to file for an injunction in NY because of the first to file rule.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be so sure, nflpa just filed a motion for a brief administrative stay so he can play Sunday

I don't believe he has practiced this week so if that is the case, it doesn't sound like the team is planning on having him. IDK.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What I asked you is, where did I accuse you of Libel. Is that unclear to you? The answer is nowhere. What you refer to here is a comment to Canadian. I believe it was post 245 of this thread, or there about. Here is what was actually said.

CanadianCowboysFan said:
A judicial opinion is a judicial opinion. The PA was negligent in filing early, almost like it wanted to lose, but don't let jurisdictional hocus pocus detract from the fact the document is not black and white. Only one judge has said that fairness is not required, the one in the NFL's pocket.

I said:
Wrong. A judicial opinion from a court that has no jurisdiction is nothing more then an opinion. One which holds as much weight as the average joe. Unfortunately, the only opinion that matters, in this case is the one you just committed libel on. This is all a bunch of crying over something that was long since decided. You don't like it and so you cry about it. Well, all the crying in the world isn't going to change this. This, is exactly what many tried to say months ago. I'm sorry your memory is failing you on this but that's what it comes down to.

Interestingly enough, this has never been about popular opinion, for me. What I believe is right and what actually happens in these kinds of proceedings are very different, most generally. However, it doesn't change the facts. The facts were presented to you and everybody and you didn't listen.

Now, is there any proof that this Judge is being paid by the NFL? Is there any proof of wrong doing, what so ever? What does Libel mean to you? To me it is the writing untruths or false accusations against another person.

I'd be careful about ask for the check if I were you. Your mouth is writing checks that I am not certain your pocket book can cover.

He said you said someone committed libel, not that you said he did it..

Smh

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He said you said someone committed libel, not that you said he did it..

Smh

And somebody did, obviously. What I asked specifically was if I made any accusations against him, specifically. Clearly, I did not and you know this for a fact. What exactly is the purpose of your post?

Did I say that Canadian did this? Yes.
Did Canadian do this? Yes.
Did ActualCowboyFan accuse me of making Libel accusations? Yes
Did I make accusations? Yes, because it happened.
Did I ask ActualCowboyFan if I accused him of Libel? Yes

This brings us right back to you. what is the purpose of your post?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

CanadianCowboysFan said:

I said:

Now, is there any proof that this Judge is being paid by the NFL? Is there any proof of wrong doing, what so ever? What does Libel mean to you? To me it is the writing of untruths or false accusations made against another person.

I'd be careful about ask for the check if I were you. Your mouth is writing checks that I am not certain your pocket book can cover.
I never said you accused me of libel. I said you accused someone. Which you did. I'd wager that the same issues that led you to making threats on the internet caused you to misconstrue that quote. Does that strike you as an appropriate response from a mod?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I never said you accused me of libel. I said you accused someone. Which you did. I'd wager that the same issues that led you to making threats on the internet caused you to misconstrue that quote. Does that strike you as an appropriate response from a mod?

And I asked you if I said that I made accusations about you, concerning Libel. Asked this question before. What is Libel to you? Is there any proof that the Judge, in question, is being paid by the NFL? Is there any proof of wrong doing? The answer to both of these questions is no. So, the term Libel fits. Do you deny this?

I asked you the question because I knew where you were trying to take this. The answer to the question I asked of you is No, correct? So, now that the answer is established, not by you of course because you knew where I was going to take it, so you are trying to avoid the answer because it doesn't help your case. What is the point of the whole Libel claim on your part. Did I accuse, yes. Did Canadian do it, yes. Where are you going with this?

Misconstrue? What is it that you think I miss construed? Again, I'd be careful. You are now wanting to enter into bets and you still can't afford to pay the checks.

Entirely appropriate be if there are any doubts in your mind, I encourage you to report me to any of the Staff. Please, do that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And somebody did, obviously. What I asked specifically was if I made any accusations against him, specifically. Clearly, I did not and you know this for a fact. What exactly is the purpose of your post?

Did I say that Canadian did this? Yes.
Did Canadian do this? Yes.
Did ActualCowboyFan accuse me of making Libel accusations? Yes
Did I make accusations? Yes, because it happened.
Did I ask ActualCowboyFan if I accused him of Libel? Yes

This brings us right back to you. what is the purpose of your post?

Look at the post you quoted when you asked him where you said he committed libel.

Then read the post I quoted. It's hypocritical.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wow. You really don't know what's going on here huh.

About the status of Zeke, no, I do not know for certain. That is why I made the comment IDK.

His legal team filed a second stay but it has not been rules upon so I don't know where that process stands. I know that Morris is taking first team snaps and McFadden and Smith are also getting snaps, as has been reported but know, I don't know anything about Sunday, for sure.

You sound like a person who wants to tell us what you know. What do you know about his status?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
About the status of Zeke, no, I do not know for certain. That is why I made the comment IDK.

His legal team filed a second stay but it has not been rules upon so I don't know where that process stands. I know that Morris is taking first team snaps and McFadden and Smith are also getting snaps, as has been reported but know, I don't know anything about Sunday, for sure.

You sound like a person who wants to tell us what you know. What do you know about his status?
Infinitely more than you. Zeke's participation isn't up to him or the team. Those are the types of process details a someone tilting at five people in a thread touting their expertise would know, but here we are.

I'm not reporting you for threats. The weakness and inanity such an action displays says enough about you for me.

You accusing people of libel is ridiculous but fits with the type of person who makes pointless threats to people who dare to question their infallibility. You've embarrassed yourself here. I'm happy to continue exposing it as long as you can keep shoveling it.

And there's no us. There's you vs logic, decency and common sense. You're fighting an uphill battle and the performance is predictable.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be so sure, nflpa just filed a motion for a brief administrative stay so he can play Sunday

I'm gonna go out on a limb and stick to my original post. Not that I don't want it, but I believe he is going to be railroaded again.