Zeke or Dak, what if we can only keep one

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Prescott has one without Freddy starting center. Without Dez Bryant starting wide receiver. Without Elliott starting running back. Without Jason Witten starting tight end. What more do you want from the third-year quarterback.
3rd year QB, and this year its 4th year QB, then 5th and so on.......he has been the same QB for 3 years....nothing has changed. no improvements and in fact perhaps regressed in some areas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yes. proven. solid. average to above average. that's what solid means.

like I said, I don't have a better option. that's not the argument. but because I don't have another option, doesn't mean I don't criticize Dak and his deficiencies.

I never said those QBs are middle of the pack.

Solid is better than what you're giving it credit to be and you don't have a better option at QB because there isn't any.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The defense played well against the Rams? :lmao:Not wasting anymore time with you. LOL
see the first 4 possesions of the game....the offense sucked through middle of the 4th quarter. the offense didn't give any breaks to the defense and they broke down.... the offense sucked in that game... about 200 total yards for 3.5 quarters...the defense held their offense to field goals twice inside the 10. our offense went punt, punt, punt punt. 4 possesions. 6 minutes.... defense was on the field for far too long.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Solid is better than what you're giving it credit to be and you don't have a better option at QB because there isn't any.
but because there are no other options today. doesn't mean I want to commit to him long term. that's the difference. I think we have to get better play at QB. if we commit to 30 mill a year to this QB, then he won't have zeke, or cooper and next thing we know, every dak lover will complain, we are not giving him any weapons...because we don't have cap space....and we will suffer in mediocrity for the next 5-6 years....with avg. QB play and lack of players in other positions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They ran the ball twice passed once. Went for it on 4th down I think twice and failed. Maybe if they put the ball and Prescott's hand that may have not been the case. So to prove my point it was the running game that failed. Go Cowboys. We lost that game in the pits my cowboy brother. Make no mistake about that
dak was 1-9 on 3rd downs.....

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
see the first 4 possesions of the game....the offense sucked through middle of the 4th quarter. the offense didn't give any breaks to the defense and they broke down.... the offense sucked in that game... about 200 total yards for 3.5 quarters...the defense held their offense to field goals twice inside the 10. our offense went punt, punt, punt punt. 4 possesions. 6 minutes.... defense was on the field for far too long.
My last post my wife just came home LOL. Did you see what the Rams did to the Patriots offense. I think Cowboys offense actually played better. Brady had that one great drive at the end. Thought Rams defense is for Real

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You claimed the defense played well. What game were you watching? :laugh:Our defense was on the field too long because it couldn't make a damn stop. LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude, we're looking to advance and win a SB and need a solid QB to do it. You keep saying you want to look for another QB so start naming what you think would be a better option at QB than what we have at the position.
dude, I said repeatedly. I don't think Dak is a top 10 QB. I said he is middle of the pack. I said, teams have won with average QB play. but I don't want to stop looking for another QB...perhaps one isn't available today, but doesn't mean there are no options tomorrow...

you go comparing him to tyrod taylor and Fitzpatrick.... and its funny because your brethren dak lovers compare him to brady and brees...so not sure how to balance the comparisons....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
dude, I said repeatedly. I don't think Dak is a top 10 QB. I said he is middle of the pack. I said, teams have won with average QB play. but I don't want to stop looking for another QB...perhaps one isn't available today, but doesn't mean there are no options tomorrow...

you go comparing him to tyrod taylor and Fitzpatrick.... and its funny because your brethren dak lovers compare him to brady and brees...so not sure how to balance the comparisons....

What 10 QBs do you think are better? Name them! Don't just look at the stats or you'll put Cousins ahead of him. lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My last post my wife just came home LOL. Did you see what the Rams did to the Patriots offense. I think Cowboys offense actually played better. Brady had that one great drive at the end. Thought Rams defense is for Real
the rams defense was 19th. patriot s21st during the season....one game does not a season make...... the rams played good in the superbowl. the patriots played better. it was one game.

our passing game against the rams was awful. but then again, it was average passing against average pass defense. what they did is key on Zeke and took him out of the game and dared us to pass over them and we couldn't.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What 10 QBs do you think are better? Name them! Don't just look at the stats or you'll put Cousins ahead of him. lol
Brees
Brady
Luck
Roth
mahomes
Newton
Rodgers
Rivers
Mayfield
Watson
Ryan

I take wentz over Dak if not for injuries.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brees
Brady
Luck
Roth
mahomes
Newton
Rodgers
Rivers
Mayfield
Watson
Ryan

I take wentz over Dak if not for injuries.

Mayfield isn't there yet the Browns were home for the playoffs. Dak had better numbers than Cam last season and Cam was home for the playoffs. Cam has never been real productive, only one 4000 yard season in 8 years. Watson had better numbers than Dak last season but stunk in the playoffs. I would currently take Dak over those 3 although Mayfield could end up being great and so could Watson. I think Cams best days are behind him. The arrows are pointing up with Dak. If Kellen Moore isn't a total wash at OC Dak health permitting should have his first 4000 yard season with 25+ TDs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke and it ain’t even close!

Bet it has more to do with what you think of Dak than Zeke. Would you feel the same way if we had Mahomes at QB? Would you keep Zeke or Mahomes?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the rams defense was 19th. patriot s21st during the season....one game does not a season make...... the rams played good in the superbowl. the patriots played better. it was one game.

our passing game against the rams was awful. but then again, it was average passing against average pass defense. what they did is key on Zeke and took him out of the game and dared us to pass over them and we couldn't.....
In the playoffs one game is the season. So I don't agree with you there. Pass over them. Great pass to Gallup. I don't know what you expect from the young kid. I think he's right where he needs to be at this point in time in his career. This is the season that's going to tell me everything I need to know going forward.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd rather have Prescott than Carson Wentz. Nick Foles the lollipop throw the ball up for grabs quarterback. I'd rather have him than Eli Manning or the declining Drew
Everyone of those QBs mentioned above has a Superbowl ring.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone of those QBs mentioned above has a Superbowl ring.
And so . this is a team sport. That's how much I believe in Prescott. Byron Jones gets deep on Aaron Rodgers who knows what happens. We have the ball last against the Rams who knows what happens. Nick Foles is a joke and Carson Wentz has proven nothing. And Eli Manning is done

morat1959

Reaction score
Bet it has more to do with what you think of Dak than Zeke. Would you feel the same way if we had Mahomes at QB? Would you keep Zeke or Mahomes?
Mahomes...not even close. The difference in Dak and Mahomes is light years apart. Can you SEE the difference in the 2 QB’s? If not, there’s no need in this conversation going on any further.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mahomes...not even close. The difference in Dak and Mahomes is light years apart. Can you SEE the difference in the 2 QB’s? If not, there’s no need in this conversation going on any further.

Mahomes is better but Dak is still better than at least 20 starting QBs. The Cowboys wouldn’t go anywhere with just Zeke and an inconsistent QB who can’t win games. Zeke isn’t going to make it to 30 the way the Cowboys use him.