Zeke or Dak, what if we can only keep one

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has had a better career than Wentz so far and he has the head to head edge over Wentz.
and I just don't believe it because Carson Wentz played last games. Because I believe Prescott actually has better numbers in Jared Goff also. More passing yards. I like this young man. When he finally learns and NFL defense. Jared Goff was horrible last season. I believe the microphone turns off 15 seconds after the play clock starts. What's Jared Goff lost that coaching. He was horrible

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's a list of HOF RBs that never even played in a SB from OJ Simpson to Eric Dickerson to Earl Campbell to Barry Sanders to Adrian Peterson because none had a QB as good as Dak. Everything was put on them to win games. Dak has played well enough to win all 3 playoffs games he's appeared in. He has a 95.7 career playoff passer rating. He's completed 64.8% of his passes in the playoffs and he has a 7-2 TD to turnover ratio in the playoffs. There's very little doubt in my mind we can win a championship with him at QB based on his 4th quarter comebacks and the way he's performed in the playoffs. It's the defense that's holding us back not him!
he played well enough? not against the rams...1-9 on 3rd down conversion sucks....Dak was a stat collector in the rams game. and we still lost 2 playoff games...but "almost" is now the new norm with Dak.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not by me...I called him average to above average.....

I argue that he is not elite. as many on here continue to argue he is elite. do some reading yourself if you are in that group.

everyone thinks we probably can do better with another QB. that's the argument...the fact is that even Dak lover like yourself agree he needs a strong supporting cast to succeed. like a top 10, top 5 OL as we have heard over and over and over again from Dak lovers that the OL is trash, yet it was top 10 most of the season and probably middle of the pack OL...yet Dak lovers called it trash...they had to go out and get him a top 5 WR and he needs a top RB in the back field to have any type of offensive success. last year we gave him a top 10 defense and they pulled out a few games for him.

he has made plays. no denying. never said he didn't. but he has also screwed up big time like throwing interceptions in the end zone...a big no no...

open your eyes. in the first philly game Zeke put the team on his back, hurdling over defenders and playing heroic. in the second game Cooper made a great play and run after catch. zeke had a great performance in that game that you keep ignoring......

I am not sure what cousins would/could do with this team. cousins did throw for over 4200 yards...almost 4300. he didn't have a zeke in the back field. they ran into some bad luck and bad game management. seemed like the cowboys in 2017....

and I appreciate you making my case that dak needs a strong supporting cast to be average passer and game manager that he is.....we don't need him to be top 5 passer. we need him to play it safe. don't make mistakes or minimize his mistakes and allow zeke and the rest of the team to lead us to victory.....is he part of it...defintley, I never said he is not. but he is not the sole reason as you are attempting to make him to be.
I'm not even sure I like the word elite. I can probably only tag two quarterbacks with that tag. For me it's about Improvement and growth. And that's all I've seen from this young man Pier 25 years old fourth year in the league this is what's going to tell the tale. It takes at least three seasons truly to know what you're doing out there. He's only played what less than 60 games. I think people forget that also

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why would we only be able to keep one? If we are the Dallas Cowboys we can keep the both.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he played well enough? not against the rams...1-9 on 3rd down conversion sucks....Dak was a stat collector in the rams game. and we still lost 2 playoff games...but "almost" is now the new norm with Dak.
And how many playoff games did the guy before him win. No disrespect intended. Second round of the playoffs last season with the youngest starting team in the league. The experience was priceless. I can't wait for the season to start. Dink-and-dunk is not what he does it's what they make him do. If any criticism for me it's his intermediate pass. Over the linebacker before the corner but not many people talk about that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not even sure I like the word elite. I can probably only tag two quarterbacks with that tag. For me it's about Improvement and growth. And that's all I've seen from this young man Pier 25 years old fourth year in the league this is what's going to tell the tale. It takes at least three seasons truly to know what you're doing out there. He's only played what less than 60 games. I think people forget that also
sorry, I haven't seen improvement or growth. its the same thing for 3 years. his fundamentals still suck as bad as he was a freshman in college. his pocket presence is awful. he is not accurate. he still has trouble reading defenses.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And how many playoff games did the guy before him win. No disrespect intended. Second round of the playoffs last season with the youngest starting team in the league. The experience was priceless. I can't wait for the season to start. Dink-and-dunk is not what he does it's what they make him do. If any criticism for me it's his intermediate pass. Over the linebacker before the corner but not many people talk about that.
aha, here we go again....when Dak lovers are pushed, they bring up Romo....this isn't about Romo. this is about Dak....unless we want to just compare Dak and Romo which is a whole other argument...

this is about where Dak is compared to his current collegues in the league...which is somewhere between 11-16.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
sorry, I haven't seen improvement or growth. its the same thing for 3 years. his fundamentals still suck as bad as he was a freshman in college. his pocket presence is awful. he is not accurate. he still has trouble reading defenses.
I don't agree when I see him set his shoulders his feet properly he's pretty damn accurate. Percentage on the Run he's one of the better quarterbacks in the league. Learning a defense did he have the time to sit and learn know he was thrown into the fire. And I definitely see confidence in Improvement in that area. Look I know he has issues I'm not crowning him. But I understand where he is and where he can go

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
aha, here we go again....when Dak lovers are pushed, they bring up Romo....this isn't about Romo. this is about Dak....unless we want to just compare Dak and Romo which is a whole other argument...

this is about where Dak is compared to his current collegues in the league...which is somewhere between 11-16.
I am not a Dak Prescott lover. But if you want to bring up statistics you have to bring up Tony.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that's the point. we can't be a pass first team. we don't have the QB for it.
No we don't have the play-caller for it. We did not want to expose the youngest starting defense in the league did you not read that. Is reasons why we play ball control. I totally think we should see a new offense this season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I said Dak will get better and Zeke won't. Zeke's best years are now. Dak showed great improvement the final 8 games after the Cooper trade. Don't blame the QB, blame our defense and HC for our lack of postseason success.
dak showed improvement when he was given top 5 talent to surround him. that's the point I made earlier. he needs that level of talent to perform at average to above average level. he can't lift those around him. he is just not that type of QB. and nothing wrong with that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
crap agains the giants in a meaningless game for both teams...awesome selection of games....

that crappy defense saved Dak's arse against the saints. they hung in there against indy but Dak put up the first goose egg since quincy carter...but then again I am sure you are going to say it wasn't his fault...its always somebody else....that was an ugly ugly ugly game by Dak.

so in your opinion, Dak individually beat those QBs...like Brees....by scoring 13 points....WOW.....

Dak sucked against the rams. he had 260 yards for the game...100 of which came in the last two meaningless drives against prevent defense of rams to run out the clock. that's called stat collection. in the first 3.5 quarters he had all of 160 yards and 1-9 for the game on 3rd down conversion...the money down.... no Dak sucked against the rams....he had 2 good moments...but according to you..whoopee....look at those two plays.

The Giants game was meaningless in the standings but both teams played to win. The game wasn't meaningless to Dak, he's playing for a big contract which he will get. The defense played great against the Saints but Dak played an outstanding game as well completing 85% of his passes with a 115.6 passer rating and picked up a very critical first down with his legs. You sell him short because you're a Dak hater. You refuse to give him an ounce of credit despite a great performance in a critical game. You're blind if you think he sucked against the Rams. He was statistically better than Goff and had a 99.2 passer rating. Explain how he sucked? What sucked was our defense!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many times have we slammed Prescott in the 1st quarter 2nd quarter 3rd quarter. And then comes the fourth quarter and he makes everybody eat their words. From the first snap and to the last snap everything in between is called football

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Giants game was meaningless in the standings but both teams played to win. The game wasn't meaningless to Dak, he's playing for a big contract which he will get. The defense played great against the Saints but Dak played an outstanding game as well completing 85% of his passes with a 115.6 passer rating and picked up a very critical first down with his legs. You sell him short because you're a Dak hater. You refuse to give him an ounce of credit despite a great performance in a critical game. You're blind if you think he sucked against the Rams. He was statistically better than Goff and had a 99.2 passer rating. Explain how he sucked? What sucked was our defense!
Tell Eli Manning that game was meaningless LOL tell Prescott the confidence he gained in that game was meaningless. Never is there an NFL game that's meaningless you're not even preseason

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am not a Dak Prescott lover. But if you want to bring up statistics you have to bring up Tony.
why do we have to bring up tony. he is now 3 years removed from the team. this is about Dak and where he is in the league over the past 3 years and what it means to the success of the cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tell Eli Manning that game was meaningless LOL tell Prescott the confidence he gained in that game was meaningless. Never is there an NFL game that's meaningless you're not even preseason
yeah, tell that to the giants defense when they stopped tackling and were walking around.... that game was meaningless.