Zeke or Dak, what if we can only keep one

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Enjoyed the conversation I got to go. Be good be safe my cowboy Brothers. I've Been a Cowboy fan the first game Rodger Staubach ever played. How could you not love the star and what it represents. I suffered through so many good and bad Seasons I love we're going come for the ride you might like it

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No we don't have the play-caller for it. We did not want to expose the youngest starting defense in the league did you not read that. Is reasons why we play ball control. I totally think we should see a new offense this season.
so now the dak excuses begin....its the OL, its the WR, its the TE, its the play caller, its the defense, its the fans in section 430 row 45....but hey, when we win its Dak who won it. and he gets the credit...I have seen this story before.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
not by me...I called him average to above average.....

I argue that he is not elite. as many on here continue to argue he is elite. do some reading yourself if you are in that group.

He isn't elite and no one is arguing that but you keep dogging him so what QB that was available would have been a better option than him?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Take Dak maybe we can break our record 15 Quarters of offense without a single TD.........

King Zeke all the way baby!!!!

zeke-leap.jpg
Funny how this is forgotten for the Dakers

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Enjoyed the conversation I got to go. Be good be safe my cowboy Brothers. I've Been a Cowboy fan the first game Rodger Staubach ever played. How could you not love the star and what it represents. I suffered through so many good and bad Seasons I love we're going come for the ride you might like it
I am with you. I started to watch the cowboys during staubach days and been through the roller coaster with you.

my condolences to you and your family since you said you are going to a wake....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he played well enough? not against the rams...1-9 on 3rd down conversion sucks....Dak was a stat collector in the rams game. and we still lost 2 playoff games...but "almost" is now the new norm with Dak.

Their D stepped up and ours didn't, that was the difference in the game. Our defense lost that game and anyone who says otherwise is just looking for every opportunity to crap on Dak.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30M QB? or
16M RB?

Can I have another choice because this QB isn't worth 30 and no RB is worth 16 in this NFL. And last season, this RB averaged a TD in every two games, that ain't special and sure as hell isn't worth 16M a season.

And let's have a 21M DE and 17M WR while we're at it. Maybe they can get to 100M with only 5 players and spend the other 100M on the other 48 players?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He isn't elite and no one is arguing that but you keep dogging him so what QB that was available would have been a better option than him?
why am I dogging him? you keep try to make him into a hero. I don't think he is a hero. again, he is middle of the pack. what's wrong with that? why do you keep arguing and bringing up one play in a game. what's your point?

btw, I made a choice...zeke...you made your choice...dak....what's wrong with that?

I rather keep both....and I still rather look for another QB. that's all. until we find a better alternative...then we go with Dak. and we win the way we have. nothing wrong with that....its been obvious that we don't need to be a top 10 passing team to win and make the playoffs....

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so now the dak excuses begin....its the OL, its the WR, its the TE, its the play caller, its the defense, its the fans in section 430 row 45....but hey, when we win its Dak who won it. and he gets the credit...I have seen this story before.
You call criticism excuses I'm not giving you excuses I'm giving you actual facts. I understand what dink-and-dunk means. It doesn't mean it's what he has to do too many scenarios.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott has one without Freddy starting center. Without Dez Bryant starting wide receiver. Without Elliott starting running back. Without Jason Witten starting tight end. What more do you want from the third-year quarterback.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their D stepped up and ours didn't, that was the difference in the game. Our defense lost that game and anyone who says otherwise is just looking for every opportunity to crap on Dak.
It was Men playing against boys in the pits. And that's where football games are won and lost. If you can't get pressure up the middle in this league you cannot win. Look what happened to Mahomes they destructed him so bad up the middle. I've been begging for a defensive tackle for Four Seasons. Crawford is a good run-stopper but he can't push that Center back into the quarterback's face so we can't Step Up. If you can't do that your Edge rushers cannot get there. I believe that's where you win lose football games

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
why am I dogging him? you keep try to make him into a hero. I don't think he is a hero. again, he is middle of the pack. what's wrong with that? why do you keep arguing and bringing up one play in a game. what's your point?

btw, I made a choice...zeke...you made your choice...dak....what's wrong with that?

I rather keep both....and I still rather look for another QB. that's all. until we find a better alternative...then we go with Dak. and we win the way we have. nothing wrong with that....its been obvious that we don't need to be a top 10 passing team to win and make the playoffs....

I'm making him into what he is and has proven to be a solid QB. You keep dogging Dak saying he's a middle of the pack QB so what other QB do you consider to be middle of the pack that would be a better option than Dak? Would you have rather had Tyrod Taylor, Bortles, Tannehill or Fitzpatrick instead of Dak?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am with you. I started to watch the cowboys during staubach days and been through the roller coaster with you.

my condolences to you and your family since you said you are going to a wake....
I'm waiting for my wife to get out of work she late for what else is new. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've never heard anybody other than myself can I complain about Prescott's intermediate pass. Over the linebacker before the corner. And for me I truly believe that's where he needs his most work.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I disagree. the defense played well. they stopped them twice inside of our 20. game was 7-6 cowboys...the offense went punt, punt, punt, punt the next 4 possessions.... we had 4, 3, 9, 3 plays in those possessions.....he was 1-9 on 3rd down conversion....we had the ball about 6 minutes in those 4 possessions..... that's about half the game.... in the mean time they scored two TD in their 4 possessions.

this was going to be an offensive game and everyone thought that going in...we had to score some points....against a top 5 offense and top 5 scoring offense in the league...you want to blame the defense, its exactly the narrative I have said...its always somebody else' fault. not dak.

fact is he was 1-9 on 3rd down conversions...convert some of those and keep drives alive...keep the defense off the field.

and there are times a part of the game doesn't work...that's the time to pick it up...against NO, we scored 13 points...defense stepped up, saved the day and kept NO to 10 points.... but hey, blame the defense for the loss, give credit to Dak for the win...which you have done.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree. the defense played well. they stopped them twice inside of our 20. game was 7-6 cowboys...the offense went punt, punt, punt, punt the next 4 possessions.... we had 4, 3, 9, 3 plays in those possessions.....he was 1-9 on 3rd down conversion....we had the ball about 6 minutes in those 4 possessions..... that's about half the game.... in the mean time they scored two TD in their 4 possessions.

this was going to be an offensive game and everyone thought that going in...we had to score some points....against a top 5 offense and top 5 scoring offense in the league...you want to blame the defense, its exactly the narrative I have said...its always somebody else' fault. not dak.

fact is he was 1-9 on 3rd down conversions...convert some of those and keep drives alive...keep the defense off the field.

and there are times a part of the game doesn't work...that's the time to pick it up...against NO, we scored 13 points...defense stepped up, saved the day and kept NO to 10 points.... but hey, blame the defense for the loss, give credit to Dak for the win...which you have done.
They ran the ball twice passed once. Went for it on 4th down I think twice and failed. Maybe if they put the ball and Prescott's hand that may have not been the case. So to prove my point it was the running game that failed. Go Cowboys. We lost that game in the pits my cowboy brother. Make no mistake about that

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
its been obvious that we don't need to be a top 10 passing team to win and make the playoffs....

Dude, we're looking to advance and win a SB and need a solid QB to do it. You keep saying you want to look for another QB so start naming what you think would be a better option at QB than what we have at the position.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm making him into what he is and has proven to be a solid QB. You keep dogging Dak saying he's a middle of the pack QB so what other QB do you consider to be middle of the pack that would be a better option than Dak? Would you have rather had Tyrod Taylor, Bortles, Tannehill or Fitzpatrick instead of Dak?
yes. proven. solid. average to above average. that's what solid means.

like I said, I don't have a better option. that's not the argument. but because I don't have another option, doesn't mean I don't criticize Dak and his deficiencies.

I never said those QBs are middle of the pack.