Zeke or Dak, what if we can only keep one

morat1959

Reaction score
Mahomes is better but Dak is still better than at least 20 starting QBs. The Cowboys wouldn’t go anywhere with just Zeke no QB.
Dak’s an average QB at best. It’s very debatable on where he falls in the pack. Can A TEAM win a SB with Dak at QB.....yes but you’ve got to load up with talent around him. Dak liabilities at the position limit what he can do on the field. All this being said, this team will never sniff a SB with JJ as GM and JG as head coach. It ain’t gonna happen. Winning a SB is not the priority! Winning a SB JJ’s way is the Priority. It’s insanity in its purest form. We need a Mahomes at QB and a lot of Mahomes at other positions to ever have a chance to win a SB. Dak’s not the answer under current mid (non) management. The last 23 years from a 52 year fan have made a heart of stone. I still watch every game and pull for my boys but it ain’t happening! Heck...I’m a MS boy. I’m pulling for him. I’ve watched Dak play all his life. He still has the same flaws he always has. I hope his accuracy improves and don’t start throwing out stats. He seldom hits a receiver in stride even at 10 yards. I hope his pocket presence improves. I hope his ability to read defenses pre-snap improves. I hope he learns to go thru his progressions quicker. Don’t count on any of this happening because it never has going WAY back! I hope I eat my words because as much as we all disagree on Dak or this or that, we all want to win another SB. This is a totally dysfunctional organization! I take Zeke over Dak all day..everyday! Zeke=top 3 running back. Dak=Average.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is ‘clutch’ in the 4th because he waffles around for three and a half quarters with the defense holding all the time, compensating for his trash, while Zeke basically wears out the opposing defense that had been stacking the box all game and in the end, the opposing defense has to run blitz, so Dak can keep the ball on the option and make a couple of runs on a deflated defense to keep the chains moving and put them in FG range..

When Zeke suspension went into effect last year, the disaster that was Dak was there for all to see. The last three games before that suspension Linehan had enough of what he saw in Denver and ran Zeke in each game around 25-30 times a game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak’s an average QB at best. It’s very debatable on where he falls in the pack. Can A TEAM win a SB with Dak at QB.....yes but you’ve got to load up with talent around him. Dak liabilities at the position limit what he can do on the field. All this being said, this team will never sniff a SB with JJ as GM and JG as head coach. It ain’t gonna happen. Winning a SB is not the priority! Winning a SB JJ’s way is the Priority. It’s insanity in its purest form. We need a Mahomes at QB and a lot of Mahomes at other positions to ever have a chance to win a SB. Dak’s not the answer under current mid (non) management. The last 23 years from a 52 year fan have made a heart of stone. I still watch every game and pull for my boys but it ain’t happening! Heck...I’m a MS boy. I’m pulling for him. I’ve watched Dak play all his life. He still has the same flaws he always has. I hope his accuracy improves and don’t start throwing out stats. He seldom hits a receiver in stride even at 10 yards. I hope his pocket presence improves. I hope his ability to read defenses pre-snap improves. I hope he learns to go thru his progressions quicker. Don’t count on any of this happening because it never has going WAY back! I hope I eat my words because as much as we all disagree on Dak or this or that, we all want to win another SB. This is a totally dysfunctional organization! I take Zeke over Dak all day..everyday! Zeke=top 3 running back. Dak=Average.

Dak is better than average and his leadership and intangibles are great. With no quarterback you’ll be stuck giving Zeke the ball 400+ times a season. You’ll be lucky to get three seasons at his current level. You’ll be losing games because you don’t have a QB. I already listed all the Hall of Fame RBs that never played in a Super Bowl because their teams didn’t have a QB.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak is better than average and his leadership and intangibles are great. With no quarterback you’ll be stuck giving Zeke the ball 400+ times a season. You’ll be lucky to get three seasons at his current level. You’ll be losing games because you don’t have a QB. I already listed all the Hall of Fame RBs that never played in a Super Bowl because their teams didn’t have a QB.
No more discussion...you’re a Dak homer. Bye

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No more discussion...you’re a Dak homer. Bye

I keep it real about Dak you’re a Dak hater. You can win a Super Bowl without a great back teams do it all the time. Philly won a Super Bowl with a back they picked up during the season. The QB you have is a lot more important than the RB you have.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's a way too early for this....pull up your skirt and enjoy the 2019 season

sideon

Reaction score
Zeke makes everything go and we've seen what happens when he's not on the field.

Nav22

Reaction score
How nonexistent does your football knowledge have to be... to think the Cowboys would be in good shape if they paid Zeke while letting Dak walk?

:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke makes everything go and we've seen what happens when he's not on the field.
What would you think would happen if Cooper Rush was our QB with Zeke in the backfield?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Mayfield isn't there yet the Browns were home for the playoffs. Dak had better numbers than Cam last season and Cam was home for the playoffs. Cam has never been real productive, only one 4000 yard season in 8 years. Watson had better numbers than Dak last season but stunk in the playoffs. I would currently take Dak over those 3 although Mayfield could end up being great and so could Watson. I think Cams best days are behind him. The arrows are pointing up with Dak. If Kellen Moore isn't a total wash at OC Dak health permitting should have his first 4000 yard season with 25+ TDs.
dak's arrow is pointing sideways for 3 years now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bet it has more to do with what you think of Dak than Zeke. Would you feel the same way if we had Mahomes at QB? Would you keep Zeke or Mahomes?
I keep mahomes 11 out of 10 times....but you are talking about mahomes vs. zeke..... this is not a fair comparison to Dak....even for a Dak lover.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dude, you are hard of understanding..... Dak is average and an average QB play + top notch RB play is helping lead the team. no one is saying Dak is trash, so you have to stop equating when people don't drool over Dak for the obvious reasons with them saying he is trash..... facts are facts. Dak without Zeke is 4-3. Dak when Zeke doesn't perform is 2-6 in 2018. it didn't matter what dak did in any of those games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What would you think would happen if Cooper Rush was our QB with Zeke in the backfield?
I am glad to see improvements in the dak lover approach...at least they stopped comparing him to the elite and all time elite QBs which was down right stupid and now comparing him to some bottom feeders.....its more realistic comparison.... in this case, I agree with you Dak is better than cooper rush.

starfan1

Reaction score
I will wait to see how Dak performs this year. I like him in fact I like him better than our last qb but I also know this front office did Romo no favors.

When they finally put together a quality roster for Tony Father Time caught up with him. Not that he didn’t have part of the blame but front office gets most of it

So when Dak gets going what happens besides zeke suspension and other suspensions and injuries what does front office do? So here you go Dak ‘Witten retired and Bryant’s a cancer so go out there and win with fine quality receivers like Allen hurns and a rookie in Gallup and a few TEs still in learning process and coach in Linehan that was also part of the problem

So I think this year should be telling and besides that there are no other options so whining about him being average ( which according to many stats is false) is really just that whining

We’re the cowboys and thus we are stuck with Garrett and Dak and the Jones’s. I believe we win the east again

Nav22

Reaction score
I am glad to see improvements in the dak lover approach...at least they stopped comparing him to the elite and all time elite QBs which was down right stupid and now comparing him to some bottom feeders.....its more realistic comparison.... in this case, I agree with you Dak is better than cooper rush.
Your big red nose looks good on you. Way to flip-flop, Bozo!

Tell us more about how Dak’s play makes no difference in whether the Cowboys win or lose, which is exactly what you said before.
:laugh:

jnday

Reaction score
Solid is better than what you're giving it credit to be and you don't have a better option at QB because there isn't any.
Dallas has not made any effort to obtain a QB to compete with Dak. Lock is still available. I would be happy to see Rosen or Lock on the Dallas roster. There are a lot of QBs that would thrive with all of the talent that Dak is surrounded by.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree with you. I have watched Dak since his high school days and you are right to point out that he hasn’t corrected any of the faults that he has always had. I have yet to see the first one of these Dak lovers that has followed him since high school. Only a few of them followed him more than his last season in college. That is the reason why they think he is going to improve a lot at the pro level. They just don’t know his history or his inability to fix the major faults in his game.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
What's the price tag on either one(AAV)?
15-16mil for Zeke?
30+ mil for Dak?

For me, I feel it's easier to find a competent replacement for a running back than there is for a QB.
So, unless we had a young QB that flashed potential behind Dak waiting for his shot, think I would let Zeke walk and re-sign Dak.

WOW! Without Zeke, Dak is much akin to Vince Young, David Kingler or JaMarcus Russell. While I understand and don't disagree that normal RB's are easier to find, Zeke is no normal RB. He single was the primary reason for the Cowboys success his rookie season and Dak being RoY was a travesty. Without Zeke this team is at best, 6 - 10, probably more like 2 - 14 or 0 - 16.