Zeke or Jalen Ramsey 2 years later

DFWJC

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
These are hilarious.
besides the thread title craziness, there's comments like...

"Ramsey is Alan Ball. Mark it down, folks"

:lmao:

Leave it to the brainiacs here who think they know it all.

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is still the far better pick for THIS team. If, that is, he keeps it clean going forward.

Ramsey would barely be noticed in this defense as currently constructed.

kevm3

Reaction score
Jacksonville was lucky to tank two years in a row, so they got Ramsey, but they also get their own Zeke the very next year in Fournette

condoin125

Reaction score
Without an elite RB behind the elite OL, you are wasting it in my opinion.
This kinda makes no sense....the whole point of an Elite OL is that you don't need an elite back behind it....just a good one...or even a decent one.

Thomas82

Reaction score
This kinda makes no sense....the whole point of an Elite OL is that you don't need an elite back behind it....just a good one...or even a decent one.

It makes perfect sense to me. No matter how good your offensive line is, you can't just put ANY running back behind them and expect the same production.

Gameover

Reaction score
Anybody but Ramsey

I would never take a corner that high

I take Campbell tho

People around here said he didn't fit this defense. As Bob Knight told the Blazers: play Jordan at center

Put him anywhere on the DLine! He makes you better!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Fournette had a lot more big play yesterday

Looks like he was a great pick at #4 in the Draft

The JAX secondary got torched for 42 pts and three long TD bombs on 4th and long

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Anybody but Ramsey

I would never take a corner that high

I take Campbell tho

People around here said he didn't fit this defense. As Bob Knight told the Blazers: play Jordan at center

Put him anywhere on the DLine! He makes you better!

Yes, anybody but that top 3 CB in the league! Ugh! He is just too much!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Case in point: former 6th rounder, Alfred Morris avg. 4.8 YPC last season. In 2015, without even a threat of a competent QB to keep defenses honest, D-Mac runs for 1,000+ and averages 4.6 YPC after coming off back-to-back seasons of 3.3 and 3.4 YPC in Oakland.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't know where we would be without Zeke.

Our overall defense just isn't good enough for Ramsey to make a big enough impact like he does for the Jags.

Plus.. The JAgs just drafted a bigtime RB themselves in Leonard Fournette.

The smart football move was Ramsey but Zeke is probably more valuable to this team then Ramsey would've been.

You don't know how valuable it is when you have a corner shutting down one side of the field. Look at 09 and 2010 for the Jets and what Revis did for them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wrong...After seeing what Ramsey did this year and what happened with Zeke, anyone can say right now “Oh I knew all along Ramsey should have been the pick” If Zeke would have had a year like last year, and Ramsey hadn’t had the year he had and Jacksonville would have missed the playoffs, people would be saying “I knew all along Zeke should have been the pick”

So you prove it

Wrong.

You aren’t paying attention.

Ramsey had an outstanding rookie season last year.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Back before the 2016 Draft, I wanted Dallas to take Ramsey and then Fournette in 2017. It’s weird how they’re both on the Jaguars now. They also have Myles Jack and Tevin Smith, two other guys I wanted the Cowboys to draft.

I would still take Ramsey over Zeke and obviously Ramsey/Fournette over Zeke/Taco.

Sydla

Reaction score
Seriously.

That dimwittery was so maddening.

Also, “he doesn’t have the hips....he’s a safety.”

Again, no more chatter now.

It's repeating itself. People are knocking Derwin James, the S from FSU, because he doesn't have enough interceptions.

Sydla

Reaction score
Case in point: former 6th rounder, Alfred Morris avg. 4.8 YPC last season. In 2015, without even a threat of a competent QB to keep defenses honest, D-Mac runs for 1,000+ and averages 4.6 YPC after coming off back-to-back seasons of 3.3 and 3.4 YPC in Oakland.

And yet people blamed not having Murray or a back like Zeke for our troubles in 2015, as if the guy taking the snaps in 2015 was a stud.

Even the Jones' fell for it. They let Murray walk and came out saying their studies showed that RBs essentially break down faster than other positions and that they simply wont invest a lot into the position. Then the 2015 season happens and they panic and invest the 4th pick in a RB and make him like the 5th highest paid TB in football before he even takes a snap.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Back before the 2016 Draft, I wanted Dallas to take Ramsey and then Fournette in 2017. It’s weird how they’re both on the Jaguars now. They also have Myles Jack and Tevin Smith, two other guys I wanted the Cowboys to draft.

I would still take Ramsey over Zeke and obviously Ramsey/Fournette over Zeke/Taco.
JAX also had to stink in 2016 to get Fournette..... we went 13-3 and got Tacos and Cheetos..... not a bad deal

uvaballa

Reaction score
Ramsey would still be the pick for me. We’ve seen this team run the ball just as good with Zeke out. The defense still sucks. Ramsey and Miles Jack picks would have been huge for this team.