Zeke or Jalen Ramsey 2 years later

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jebbus Chist

Why did I even open this thread ........ bad zrin ........ very bad.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Zeke is a good back that could be great, but Jalen is a good DB that could be great and a great DB is more valuable than a great RB.

Really?

Name a corner more important to their team than Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders were to their teams ........ I will wait.

lk8701

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray (3rd round pick 71st overall) 2014 behind our elite o-line : 1,845 yards 13 TDs 4.7 AVG

Zeke(1st round pick 4th overall) 2016 behind our elite o-line : 1,631 yards 15 TDs 5.1 AVG

We didn't have to use a premium top 5 pick to replace the 71st pick in the draft's production. Jordan Howard - 5th round, Kareem Hunt - 3rd round, Dalvin Cook - 2nd round, and Kamara - 3rd round. All would have produced.

Last edited:

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Byron Jones over Landon Collins
Randy Gregory over Danielle Hunter
Jaylon Smith over Myles Jack
Taco over Budda Baker
I believe that 1-2 rounds picks need to go to the DLINE/OLINE/QB. I can get solid safeties,wrs etc in rounds 3 and down. When you have an above average to elite DLine you get away with having a Barry church as your safety ala Jax Jags.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but that's not the point. He'd be here, in the offense that he won a rushing title with. Literally everything you're saying means nothing to anyone because he didn't stay here if he did it would've been better, everything that he's done since then doesn't matter because he's not here do you understand probably not but I just hope you do.

Re-signing Murray would've been the best decision for this franchise to have made.
I understand. You're just going to assert without evidence that it would have better if Murray had stayed, even though we know that (a) RBs who get run into the ground like he did in 2014 almost always decline and/or get hurt in the seasons that follow, (b) RBs tend to decline substantially as they approach 30, and (c) Murray actually has declined in the three years that followed. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray (3rd round pick 71st overall) 2014 behind our elite o-line : 1,845 yards 13 TDs 4.7 AVG

Zeke(1st round pick 4th overall) 2016 behind our elite o-line : 1,631 yards 15 TDs 5.1 AVG

We didn't have to use a premium top 5 pick to replace the 71st pick in the draft's production.
Zeke is home run threat, Murray was not
Zeke is not injury prone , Murray was and still is. Zeke doesn't fumble, Murray does.
I would look at zekes first two seasons compared to Murray's.
The cowboys ran Murray into the ground knowing they weren't going to resign him. That is the Patriot way and I like it. It's a business.

lk8701

Reaction score
Zeke is home run threat, Murray was not
Zeke is not injury prone , Murray was and still is. Zeke doesn't fumble, Murray does.
I would look at zekes first two seasons compared to Murray's.
The cowboys ran Murray into the ground knowing they weren't going to resign him. That is the Patriot way and I like it. It's a business.

I'm not saying we should have kept Murray. I'm saying if a 3rd round pick won offensive player of the year behind our line we should have just waited later on to draft a RB. Jordan Howard - 5th round, Dalvin Cook - 2nd round, Kareem Hunt - 3rd round, and Kamara -3 round.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Merriman > Ware. Sure, Ware's been decent, but Merriman's been an All-Pro both of his first two years. We screwed up big time by not taking him.

...wait, what?

rkell87

Reaction score
I understand. You're just going to assert without evidence that it would have better if Murray had stayed, even though we know that (a) RBs who get run into the ground like he did in 2014 almost always decline and/or get hurt in the seasons that follow, (b) RBs tend to decline substantially as they approach 30, and (c) Murray actually has declined in the three years that followed. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it.
My evidence is production here. Besides that, producing in 2016 shows he had at least 2 good years left; and I mentioned getting a fresh RB as part of the plan for Murray anyway. Your argument is we shouldn't have given him a 4 year contract because he broke down in what would have been the 3rd year of it. Pardon me because my hindsight is better than yours.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well if Romo was QB with Zeke, you know the reason we drafted him, we would probably be in Super Bowl contention right now. And our deep passing game would be ridiculous..

Before Dez ‘dropped’ it, Murray fumbled on a wide open hole that could have gone to the house on what I think was a beautiful run option called by Romo, where he faked the run left..

Murray didn’t even have close to the breaks away speed Zeke has...

The stupid decision was staring Dak over Romo with this window..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
I watched clips of the Steelers match up with the Jaguars and despite the score, Brown torched Ramsey plenty that game.

He’s not Deion or a healthy Kevin Smith for that matter

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The only reason this is a discussion is because of the suspension. When both are on the field you take Zeke. The question is can Zeke mature?

75boyz

Reaction score
If you have a top tier DLINE you take Ramsey
If you have a top tier OLINE you take Zeke

The cowboys didn't have a top tier DLINE so Ramsey would have been okay, but not great like he is in Jax.

If Zeke goes to the Giants for instance he wouldn't be as good as here.

Zeke was the correct choice

Kinda glad you mentioned the Giants...

That team has an equally compelling argument for their draft choice of 2014...

Aaron Donald, who is widely regarded as the best interior d lineman in the game

Zack Martin who is widely regarded as the best interior o linemen in the game

OR Odell Beckham, a player with his own baggage but clearly a top 2 or 3 player at his position

To me, it's gonna be the guy who "directly" impacts the score board by his skill set

Only the All time Hall of Famers at their respective positions would get the nod over the generational talents such as Zeke and Beckham.

So unless your name is Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor or Deion, its both Zeke and Beckham all day.

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
Anybody but Ramsey

I would never take a corner that high in the draft

Titleist

Reaction score
IIRC, this exact same thread was made about a year ago and the consensus was Zeke. Now that Zeke had a "down" year and Ramsey did well, everyone is jumping on the Ramsey train.

My guess is that'll flip again next year...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ramsey would make 0 difference on this team...0

It amazes me how so many on this site can watch all our games and still rather Ramsey over Zeke :facepalm:

Zeke singlehandedly won us games so far in his career

Pitt
Chi
49ers
Cincy

Theres a reason one player has been a true MVP candidate, while the other will never sniff an MVP