Zeke or Jalen Ramsey 2 years later

kevm3

Reaction score
I wanted Ramsey and Henry, but I'm definitely fine with Zeke. We would probably have went' 9 and 7 last year without Zeke. We weren't one corner away from an elite defense. The majority of our talent is on the offensive side of the ball, so it makes more sense to have completed the one formula that we've had success with on offense, which is an elite back behind, what was at the time, arguably the best o line in the league.

Aven8

Reaction score
I wanted Ramsey and Henry, but I'm definitely fine with Zeke. We would probably have went' 9 and 7 last year without Zeke. We weren't one corner away from an elite defense. The majority of our talent is on the offensive side of the ball, so it makes more sense to have completed the one formula that we've had success with on offense, which is an elite back behind, what was at the time, arguably the best o line in the league.

I did as well. I was in love with Henry. But I thought we would never take Zeke. He was untouchable in my mind even though we were picking at 4. I was amazed and still am we have him. People need to check the stats in 2 seasons. He's up there with the greats. Dude has 2,600 yards from scrimmage and 22 TD's and he missed 6 games. He's by far our best player.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
My questions would be, if Jalen is on the Cowboys what would their defense be ranked. Would it be significantly better? They came off a season where they ranked 17th in yards. Would Ramsey make the same impact to the defense Zeke did to the offense?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My questions would be, if Jalen is on the Cowboys what would their defense be ranked. Would it be significantly better? They came off a season where they ranked 17th in yards. Would Ramsey make the same impact to the defense Zeke did to the offense?

In two years the Jacksonville defense become #1 in the NFL and they made the playoffs with a bad QB. That should tell you need to know about the impact of Ramsey.

Zekes impact is magnified because of the great oline in Dallas. But you could say that about Ramsey as well.

You ask any coach in the NFL and 10 out of 10 are going to take the shut down corner over the pro bowl RB.

Having one great RB isnt even ideal anymore. Having two very good RB's is better. Such as New Orleans or Atlanta. One goes down and you dont miss a beat. You have both and its incredible.

kumizi

Reaction score
Long term, gimme the CB any time.

Short term, the team can obviously lean on Zeke more.

I would take the long term picture. Every time I see a thread in draft zone about which position would impact us most next year, it makes me cringe.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You ask any coach in the NFL and 10 out of 10 are going to take the shut down corner over the pro bowl RB.
Yep. Im sure the Steelers would take a Richard Sherman over Bell

Im sure the Cardinals would keep Peterson over D. johnson

:facepalm:

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I wanted Zeke. I just thought Zeke would benefit the team more at the time. I'm glad we have some young solid DB's now. It makes the Zeke choice a lot better. If we would of drafted Ramsey, I don't think we'd have our young corners we have now. And, who knows who'd be at RB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

With the team the Cowboys have especially with them having a young QB a pro bowl RB is extremely important and we found that out during Zeke’s six game suspension. I seriously doubt Ramsey would have impacted this team as much as Zeke has the past two seasons.

Had we drafted Ramsey and lost him for six games I doubt we would’ve gone through a 3 game losing streak because of it. Zeke has put up 25 TDs, rushing and receiving for the Cowboys the past two seasons. He’s arguably the best player on the team. Had we not drafted him no way does Dak have the rookie season he did.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
In two years the Jacksonville defense become #1 in the NFL and they made the playoffs with a bad QB. That should tell you need to know about the impact of Ramsey.

Zekes impact is magnified because of the great oline in Dallas. But you could say that about Ramsey as well.

Having one great RB isnt even ideal anymore. Having two very good RB's is better. Such as New Orleans or Atlanta. One goes down and you dont miss a beat. You have both and its incredible.

What coaches did you ask?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. Im sure the Steelers would take a Richard Sherman over Bell

Im sure the Cardinals would keep Peterson over D. johnson

:facepalm:

Sherman, I doubt it. Poor example. But they would definitely take a young Ramsey over Bell. 10 years of shut down corner play? Doesnt compare. They would just go out and take another RB in the draft. When Bell was out last year they actually didnt miss beat with the run game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke. We don't make the playoffs in 2016 if we had taken Ramsey over Zeke. We're likely a playoff team this year if not for Zeke's suspension. Ramsey wouldn't have gotten us in the playoffs this year.
That's not true at all. I'm willing to bet anything you want that Dallas drafts another running back, maybe Henry, maybe Howard..... Not including Darius. So even with Zeke we drafted another running back.

I think we are still a playoff team with Henry or Howard

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Why do you guys do this to yourself? Lol! Elliott all day because of how much we needed him last year and this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What coaches did you ask?

Its common sense buddy. QB, CB, LT, Pass rusher. Those are the premier positions in football for a reason. Hardest to find. RB is down there with TE and guard.

Plenty of good RB's could run behind this line and rush for 1400 yards a year. Hell, McChicken nearly did it a few years back. But try to find a corner that is going to shut down the top WR's one on one all game long and the list gets pretty short.

Zeke behind a middling Oline would have minimal impact on a football team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Long term, gimme the CB any time.

Short term, the team can obviously lean on Zeke more.

I would take the long term picture. Every time I see a thread in draft zone about which position would impact us most next year, it makes me cringe.

Smart man.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
First off, you cant know any of that for sure. Second, who cares if we wouldnt have made the playoffs in 2016 or not? And no, the next 10 years are more important then some random one and done playoff year. As you can plainly see, making the playoffs in 2016 did nothing for us this year. Nothing at all.

You claim we can't know for sure if we would make the playoffs if we had Zeke this year but you are so certain the next 10 years would be better with Ramsey. That's just silly.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Its common sense buddy. QB, CB, LT, Pass rusher. Those are the premier positions in football for a reason. Hardest to find. RB is down there with TE and guard.

Plenty of good RB's could run behind this line and rush for 1400 yards a year. Hell, McChicken nearly did it a few years back. But try to find a corner that is going to shut down the top WR's one on one all game long and the list gets pretty short.

Zeke behind a middling Oline would have minimal impact on a football team.

So I guess we shouldn't have drafted Emmitt back in the day. And used a 5th round pick to find our rb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You claim we can't know for sure if we would make the playoffs if we had Zeke this year but you are so certain the next 10 years would be better with Ramsey. That's just silly.

Cant know for certain with injuries, but CB is a 10 year long type career as compared to RB which is about 5 years. Just looking at averages. Its one of the reasons RB's going in the first round are becoming more and more rare.

No doubt if Zeke was on Jacksonville you would be laughing at the question saying how its not even close and that Ramsey is the pick all day long. Some fans have a hard time thinking in non a biased way. Im not one of those.