Zeke or Jalen Ramsey 2 years later

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So I guess we shouldn't have drafted Emmitt back in the day. And used a 5th round pick to find our rb.

You are looking at exceptions buddy? And there are always some. No Emmitt turned out great. But he wasnt the 4th pick in the draft was he?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. Im sure the Steelers would take a Richard Sherman over Bell

Im sure the Cardinals would keep Peterson over D. johnson

:facepalm:

New article on ESPN:

Le'Veon Bell says he'd consider sitting out or retiring if tagged again

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Its common sense buddy. QB, CB, LT, Pass rusher. Those are the premier positions in football for a reason. Hardest to find. RB is down there with TE and guard.

Plenty of good RB's could run behind this line and rush for 1400 yards a year. Hell, McChicken nearly did it a few years back. But try to find a corner that is going to shut down the top WR's one on one all game long and the list gets pretty short.

Zeke behind a middling Oline would have minimal impact on a football team.

lol for the record, NO ONE considers CB to be in the same tier as QB, LT, and DE. You just made that up.

There's the QB, the guys that protect the QB, and the guys that pass rush the QB. And that's your premier positions. Every other position in football is made easier by those 3.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
lol for the record, NO ONE considers CB to be in the same tier as QB, LT, and DE. You just made that up.

There's the QB, the guys that protect the QB, and the guys that pass rush the QB. And that's your premier positions. Every other position in football is made easier by those 3.
Music to my ears. Both Zeke and Ramsey are Elite at their positions and the guys in front of front of them make a huge difference. Some folks don't think about who Ramsey plays with. People only look at this year but last year he played with Nkagoue and Jackson. Who on the DLINE in 16' compared to them?

Gaede

Reaction score
Zeke is a legitimate generational talent. Ramsey is a top tier corner, but not an all-time great. In my opinion, the only argument for taking Ramsey over Zeke is that Ramsey plays a more impactful position where it is more difficult to find good talent, which is a perfectly valid stance.

Exactly.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In two years the Jacksonville defense become #1 in the NFL and they made the playoffs with a bad QB. That should tell you need to know about the impact of Ramsey.

Zekes impact is magnified because of the great oline in Dallas. But you could say that about Ramsey as well.

You ask any coach in the NFL and 10 out of 10 are going to take the shut down corner over the pro bowl RB.

Having one great RB isnt even ideal anymore. Having two very good RB's is better. Such as New Orleans or Atlanta. One goes down and you dont miss a beat. You have both and its incredible.
Is that why Jax took Fournette over Lattimore this year??

If it was such a landslide why not take the CB???

They already had Ivory and TYeldon at RB

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Had we drafted Ramsey, Dak likely would’ve struggled more with Morris in the backfield and Romo would’ve reclaimed the starting job... take that for what it’s worth when considering.

I would’ve taken Ramsey considering what Morris was able to do this season...in hindsight

btcutter

Reaction score
Who was more important to the Cowboys in the 90's? Emmitt or Deon? Both HOFers.

I believe Cowboys won without Deon. Deon on the Cowboys didn't win without Smith (if memory serves me right).

IMHO, CB position can be partly covered up with great DL. Doesn't matter how good the DB is, it's hard to cover WRs for long periods especially when QB is scrambling. Great RB can make average OL look good.

Bosa would have been my preference over both Zeke and Ramsey but he went 3rd.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You are looking at exceptions buddy? And there are always some. No Emmitt turned out great. But he wasnt the 4th pick in the draft was he?

Emmitt was a rb. Zeke is a rb. Emmitt played behind a great OL. Zeke played behind a great OL in 2016. Rb's can be found much later in the draft...so you say. You like Ramsey, I and others here like Zeke. We get it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is that why Jax took Fournette over Lattimore this year??

If it was such a landslide why not take the CB???

They already had Ivory and TYeldon at RB
Well, maybe they didn't feel that "anybody could run behind that line".

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Am I surprised by the Zeke bashing lately? Not at all. Cowboy fans are funny. Last year Ramsey wasn’t mentioned once on the fan zone. It’s really funny

The Natural

Reaction score

Dwight

Reaction score
Ramsey would make 0 difference on this team...0

It amazes me how so many on this site can watch all our games and still rather Ramsey over Zeke :facepalm:

Zeke singlehandedly won us games so far in his career

Pitt
Chi
49ers
Cincy

Theres a reason one player has been a true MVP candidate, while the other will never sniff an MVP

The infatuation of CB (especially Ramsey) continues on this board for another offseason.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
All the message board geniuses said Ramsey was a safety and not a shutdown CB. Because he had 2 INTs in college.

Now their collective mouths are shut.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
IIRC, this exact same thread was made about a year ago and the consensus was Zeke. Now that Zeke had a "down" year and Ramsey did well, everyone is jumping on the Ramsey train.

My guess is that'll flip again next year...

That's true, but Ramsey wasn't seen as the player he is now.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's true, but Ramsey wasn't seen as the player he is now.

Those that actually watch college football know who Ramsey was and was capable of being. He was the #5 pick overall.

We aren’t talking about 6th round sleeper from Tuscaloosa State University.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I'm fine with the decision the Cowboys made.

However, I was of the opinion that Dallas should've taken Ramsey in the 1st and Henry in the 2nd. I still feel that might've benefited the team more.

But I'm no expert and like everyone says, I do think Elliot is a generational talent.

The minute the Cowboys hire me to be GM my opinion will matter.