Zeke to attend hearing in Texas today per Schefter

robjay04

Reaction score
No, it has to be by 4 pm today per league rules.

I think the league is saying that the deadline for this weekend isn't guiding Henderson's ruling. That's all.

Not sure if this is a rule.

Proof

Reaction score
Personally, I have no idea. I'm going by the attorneys I heard on The Ticket and ESPN this morning.

Why on earth would you do that when we’ve got such a legal minded user base

robjay04

Reaction score
I don't think that's the case. The league has rules that govern eligibility and if Zeke is active per those rules, he is eligible.

I haven't seen the rule. Maybe it's an unwritten rule.

NFL is leaking this for a reason.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No, it has to be by 4 pm today per league rules.

I think the league is saying that the deadline for this weekend isn't guiding Henderson's ruling. That's all.

That how I see it. The league is just saying they did not give Henderson a deadline to make his ruling. They aren't saying they have all week to suspend Zeke and keep him off the field week 1.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

AFAIK there is no rule but the NFL generally does not like to suspend players after Tuesday because it could impact the upcoming game

Reaction score

I think it is more of an unwritten rule.

The league usually makes the announcements on suspensions by 4pm as a courtesy to the teams. Sounds like they might make an exception here.

The NFL is angry. The NFLPA is angry. Zeke is angry. It's just an ugly situation all round.

EST_1986

Reaction score
AFAIK there is no rule but the NFL generally does not like to suspend players after Tuesday because it could impact the upcoming game
yea but this isn't your normal NFL team and player, so make it up as we go Goodell will confirm suspension probably an hour before kickoff

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I thought they had rules governing eligibility. I guess that is not correct but it sure has been reported that way all along.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Does this mean if Zeke plays Sunday that the NFL could penalize the Cowboys organisation for using a player who was ineligible to play and maybe even determine the game as a loss for the Cowboys even if they would have won it?

Reaction score
Generally this is true. But they might make an exception here. This is not your average suspension.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think it is more of an unwritten rule.

The league usually makes the announcements on suspensions by 4pm as a courtesy to the teams. Sounds like they might make an exception here.

The NFL is angry. The NFLPA is angry. Zeke is angry. It's just an ugly situation all round.

Whether he plays on Sunday or not will be up to a judge. Hopefully it's the one presiding over today's hearing.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Does this mean if Zeke plays Sunday that the NFL could penalize the Cowboys organisation for using a player who was ineligible to play and maybe even determine the game as a loss for the Cowboys even if they would have won it?

no way possible. you either are permitted to play or not. zero gray.