Zeke vs. Dallas Media

cej757

Reaction score
Remember last year the Dallas media got so upset that Garrett told the opponents media about an injury before he told the Dallas media and they got all into a hissy fit over it? They spent the first 5 minutes the next day grilling Garrett about it. Lol

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So let me see if I get this right.

Zeke was suspended by the league for something that was never proven. His suspension was not a unanimous decision by the league but by two executives only. With the lead investigator suggesting no suspension be handed down. And at no time was his team of attorneys ever allowed to question the plaintiff, who had witnesses which suggested she was lying.

He fought the suspension as long as he could until it came to a point he no longer could throw money at it because the ultimate outcome would be him sitting for 6 games. Even though he still to this day has not been proven to have done anything wrong.

He sits out his suspension. He takes his unjust punishment and stays silent on it. He works out, and is in terrific shape so it would appear. He is ready to play, focused, and happy to be back with his football family. All his comments since returning have indicated he is a loyal Dallas Cowboy, ready to go into battle, and maybe write a happier ending to this season and chapter if things break right.

Now what happens.

The press asks him about the suspension and what he did when he was away. He very pleasantly stated that is behind him and he wanted to move forward. He asked them kindly to just get past this time and move on. So like the press does, they reframe their questions to be innocuous, and open a door where he will talk about it. He again said he did not wish to speak about this. He took another question which had to do with the time off and he suggested he was ready to speak about the Seattle Seahawks. Then he was asked a leading question which was again meant to open the door to the time off. He ended the press conference.

So here is late breaking news for some of you.

He owes us no explanation about the past six weeks. Just because we are fans does not entitle us to open that wound. He surely still has a bit of animosity about being set down for something he states emphatically he did not do. No telling how much revenue he has lost over a decision by Goodell with no....NO evidence proving he is anything but a young high spirited guy who likes women.

He does not owe the press a story. Even though we get our information through the press, and they get paid for getting that information, he simply did not wish to dredge this up again. We as fans and the press in general do not have any dominion over Zeke and he owes us nothing. Hell. most of us only watch the game on TV, and outside of perhaps cable or satellite TV, we pay very little to see him perform. We have a stake in his career only because he is a Dallas Cowboy. But that entitles us to no information about this past suspension. None what so ever.

He paid his price, served his time, lost wages and revenue, and no telling how much money in his post football career because of this injustice. He owes us nothing.

He ended the press conference by saying it was over. That was not immature. He stated it and turned away. The press will be there again today and tomorrow. And when he has an exceptional game against the Seahawks, they will gather around him.

This questions still will be asked and he will not answer them. But ultimately there will be a point when the journalists and media will stop bugging him because they will lose access in the future.

But to be sure there will be a high octane journalist that will get a one on one interview with him during the off season and will attempt to befriend Zeke and try and dredge this up. "So Zeke can have the final word and tell his side." I do not see Zeke as a dumb athlete. So my thinking is he will see through this charade and thank the journalist to move on.

You will hear people on the radio and on TV like Dale Hansen who will preach from their soapboxes and bully pulpits as if they give a rat's ankle about Zeke. They will castigate him, much like Hansen did Barry Switzer. They only care about the story and the salaciousness of its content. This is now the gotcha press whose heartfelt stories are cats caught in trees and firemen getting them down. Otherwise these people wait like hunters to pounce on prey, only to rend them into a bloody pulp so the journalist gets hits on the interwebs, and his or her story gets picked up nationally.

Zeke owes us nothing. And the people here who are railing on him because he wants this to be about football and not his personal life have the luxury of not being front page news whenever you people screw up. You are anonymous.

He's just one lost soul
swimming in a fish bow
year after year
running over the same old ground
what have we found
the same old fear
wish you were here

Those lyrics just became crystal clear for me. Wish you were here to see this as I see it. Live through it as live through it.

Sorry, I disgress

This is not him being childish or petulant. This is Zeke ending the discussion about the events that lead to the suspension. the suspension itself, and the time he was away from football. Nothing more.

He wishes to no longer be the focal point of the press on the Dallas Cowboys in any way other than tearing the Seattle Seahawks a new rear end. And that is not childish. That is wisdom.

Being in the press gives them no rights to personal issues. Even when they spill across the football page in the paper. Neither does it give us fans rights. The guy is moving on.

diefree666

Reaction score

Zeke was suspended by the league for something that was never proven. His suspension was not a unanimous decision by the league but by two executives only. With the lead investigator suggesting no suspension be handed down. And at no time was his team of attorneys ever allowed to question the plaintiff, who had witnesses which suggested she was lying.

He fought the suspension as long as he could until it came to a point he no longer could throw money at it because the ultimate outcome would be him sitting for 6 games. Even though he still to this day has not been proven to have done anything wrong.

He sits out his suspension. He takes his unjust punishment and stays silent on it. He works out, and is in terrific shape so it would appear. He is ready to play, focused, and happy to be back with his football family. All his comments since returning have indicated he is a loyal Dallas Cowboy, ready to go into battle, and maybe write a happier ending to this season and chapter if things break right.

Now what happens.

The press asks him about the suspension and what he did when he was away. He very pleasantly stated that is behind him and he wanted to move forward. He asked them kindly to just get past this time and move on. So like the press does, they reframe their questions to be innocuous, and open a door where he will talk about it. He again said he did not wish to speak about this. He took another question which had to do with the time off and he suggested he was ready to speak about the Seattle Seahawks. Then he was asked a leading question which was again meant to open the door to the time off. He ended the press conference.

He owes us no explanation about the past six weeks. Just because we are fans does not entitle us to open that wound. He surely still has a bit of animosity about being set down for something he states emphatically he did not do. No telling how much revenue he has lost over a decision by Goodell with no....NO evidence proving he is anything but a young high spirited guy who likes women.

He does not owe the press a story. Even though we get our information through the press, and they get paid for getting that information, he simply did not wish to dredge this up again. We as fans and the press in general do not have any dominion over Zeke and he owes us nothing. Hell. most of us only watch the game on TV, and outside of perhaps cable or satellite TV, we pay very little to see him perform. We have a stake in his career only because he is a Dallas Cowboy. But that entitles us to no information about this past suspension. None what so ever.

He paid his price, served his time, lost wages and revenue, and no telling how much money in his post football career because of this injustice. He owes us nothing.

He ended the press conference by saying it was over. That was not immature. He stated it and turned away. The press will be there again today and tomorrow. And when he has an exceptional game against the Seahawks, they will gather around him.

This questions still will be asked and he will not answer them. But ultimately there will be a point when the journalists and media will stop bugging him because they will lose access in the future.

But to be sure there will be a high octane journalist that will get a one on one interview with him during the off season and will attempt to befriend Zeke and try and dredge this up. "So Zeke can have the final word and tell his side." I do not see Zeke as a dumb athlete. So my thinking is he will see through this charade and thank the journalist to move on.

You will hear people on the radio and on TV like Dale Hansen who will preach from their soapboxes and bully pulpits as if they give a rat's ankle about Zeke. They will castigate him, much like Hansen did Barry Switzer. They only care about the story and the salaciousness of its content. This is now the gotcha press whose heartfelt stories are cats caught in trees and firemen getting them down. Otherwise these people wait like hunters to pounce on prey, only to rend them into a bloody pulp so the journalist gets hits on the interwebs, and his or her story gets picked up nationally.

Zeke owes us nothing. And the people here who are railing on him because he wants this to be about football and not his personal life have the luxury of not being front page news whenever you people screw up. You are anonymous.

He's just one lost soul
swimming in a fish bow
year after year
what have we found
the same old fear
wish you were here

Those lyrics just became crystal clear for me. Wish you were here to see this as I see it. Live through it as live through it.

Sorry, I disgress

This is not him being childish or petulant. This is Zeke ending the discussion about the events that lead to the suspension. the suspension itself, and the time he was away from football. Nothing more.

He wishes to no longer be the focal point of the press on the Dallas Cowboys in any way other than tearing the Seattle Seahawks a new rear end. And that is not childish. That is wisdom.

Being in the press gives them no rights to personal issues. Even when they spill across the football page in the paper. Neither does it give us fans rights. The guy is moving on.

DAMN WELL SAID.

CWR

Reaction score
Watching the interview Zeke acted a little riddiclous but he did do a one on one in which he addressed those questions.

Maybe Zeke knew if he didnt put his foot down those questions would continue and he simply wanted to end that and move forward.

I give him credit for training hard and coming back hungry and focused. I doubt he will ever be my favorite personality on the team. Guys like Dak, Romo and Witten have always been class acts and I dont expect Zeke will be on thier level.

However, I dont paticularly care as long as he stays out of trouble and brings his "A" game every Sunday.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Blimey! He gets paid to practice, play AND talk to the media

You are so wrong! He gets paid to perform! That’s it!

What he did in Cabo or what he thinks about the suspension has nothing to do with Sunday’s game. Answer questions about the game just played it this upcoming game. Anything else is just Bs!

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
And the title of this post is wrong. I haven’t heard one thing from any other media outlet or journalist complaining about Zeke not wanting to talk about it. Just one shock jock idiot!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Excellent post, young lad.
Now get ready for the medium nitwit haters who don't understand that the NFL contracts stipulate talking to the media.
Its called public relations.
Zeke fails this privately band publically.

You're trying way too hard to be clever. :rolleyes:

He talked to the media. They just didn't like his answers.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Remember last year the Dallas media got so upset that Garrett told the opponents media about an injury before he told the Dallas media and they got all into a hissy fit over it? They spent the first 5 minutes the next day grilling Garrett about it. Lol

I remember when Parcells spent time allowing the media to ask any questions they wanted about TO. Then the next day they started in with more questions about TO and Parcells stated that he was not going to answer any more questions today about him because he spend an HOUR answering every question the media threw at him about TO.

Then JJT makes a huge groan like Parcells was being completely unreasonable.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score

Now what happens.

He's just one lost soul
swimming in a fish bow
year after year
what have we found
the same old fear
wish you were here

Sorry, I disgress

One issue with this. If the unfair suspension was the only issue in his life, I might buy this. But since he's entered the league (and even in college apparently) he's made some real boneheaded decisions.............. this is one of the consequences of behavior that your own father has questioned publicly.

So I can't really have any sympathy for Elliott that he's now got to face tough questions and you can't just make it all go away by saying you want to move on. He kind of lost that luxury a long time ago.

Personally, I think the media should move on largely because I find player interviews some of the most useless crap in football. But I can't sit here and say woe is Elliott, the media isn't being fair to him.

This is the reality of being a professional athlete. It's like any job in life........ with every job there are certain things that come with that job and if you don't like it, then find another job. With professional athletes, especially big name ones, media scrutiny is part of the job. And when you are a guy like Elliott who has had some maturity issues off the field, you can't be a) surprised that the media is going to grill you on this stuff and b) can't just make it go away because you want to move on.

diefree666

Reaction score
Watching the interview Zeke acted a little riddiclous but he did do a one on one in which he addressed those questions.

Maybe Zeke knew if he didnt put his foot down those questions would continue and he simply wanted to end that and move forward.

I give him credit for training hard and coming back hungry and focused. I doubt he will ever be my favorite personality on the team. Guys like Dak, Romo and Witten have always been class acts and I dont expect Zeke will be on thier level.

However, I dont paticularly care as long as he stays out of trouble and brings his "A" game every Sunday.

he did not act ridiculous at all. it was the reporters that were that way. And if you cannot see that then you are truly blind

Proof

Reaction score
He was talking to the media he, he is NOT required to talk to the media about whatever THEY think is pertinent and what they want to "hear about".

Exactly and not just that it’s a single instance. Folks acting like he cane out and insulted them personally and vowed never to talk to the media again. They’ll be back on his sack in a week

diefree666

Reaction score
One issue with this. If the unfair suspension was the only issue in his life, I might buy this. But since he's entered the league (and even in college apparently) he's made some real boneheaded decisions.............. this is one of the consequences of behavior that your own father has questioned publicly.

So I can't really have any sympathy for Elliott that he's now got to face tough questions and you can't just make it all go away by saying you want to move on. He kind of lost that luxury a long time ago.

Personally, I think the media should move on largely because I find player interviews some of the most useless crap in football. But I can't sit here and say woe is Elliott, the media isn't being fair to him.
oh bs. coming from where he came from and being petted and protected as all big high school and college stars are its not surprising at all. Get off your high horse

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The media is a reality and is not going away.Jerry Jones learned early that reality and dealt with it. Zeek will also learn this or endure a rough time of it.
JJones should council Zeek.
Was thinking the same thing. Not sure but think DC media relations should have gotten out in front of this one with a statement for or with Zeke aside before subjecting him to the locker-room media blitz. Perhaps not Jerry but a short press conference with DC director telling the press there are limited questions Zeke can answer and he's moving on so please respect his privacy and space. Zeke was doing his best surrounded by the cockroaches and obviously a little overwhelmed. Not sure but a statement with some controllable questions to DC relations and Zeke may have softened the blow in both directions. Just sayin.

Sydla

Reaction score
oh bs. coming from where he came from and being petted and protected as all big high school and college stars are its not surprising at all. Get off your high horse

It's not a high horse at all. It's reality.

And what does being petted and protected as a big high school and college athlete have to do with this? Are you actually stating that some of his decisions are excusable because he was a pampered high school and college athlete?

You serious?

Reactions: CWR