News: Zeke's swan song season

erod

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Have you seen any TC footage?
Well, you would never admit he has shown some speed and burst no matter what.
Name one receiver or running back on this roster he can outrun.

Last year he was getting caught from behind routinely.

He's good in short yardage and pass pro, but otherwise there's no special in him anymore.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's anyone's guess what this FO does at RB.

Agreed. I said I can't see them keeping both Elliott and Pollard (because of the amount of money that would be tied up in the position). But if we make Pollard into a hybrid RB/WR, then I could see us finding a way to keep both. But both would need to play extremely well at this positions.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen I get the current zeke is possibly a shell of himself. However this guy carried this franchise for basically 3-4 years after he was drafted. It isn't his fault the Jones's wasted his career (like many others). People act as if zeke was a bad pick. This guy was great and inevitably slowed down like a lot of Rb's do. Not worth his current contract, but still a hell of a player.

starfan1

Reaction score
Listen I get the current zeke is possibly a shell of himself. However this guy carried this franchise for basically 3-4 years after he was drafted. It isn't his fault the Jones's wasted his career (like many others). People act as if zeke was a bad pick. This guy was great and inevitably slowed down like a lot of Rb's do. Not worth his current contract, but still a hell of a player.
He was aided by a great line. 2016 was a special year for a lot of players him included.Virtually any number of backs could have put up his numbers it was a terrible pick. You don’t draft a rb that high when jalen Ramsey is available

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LHowever this guy carried this franchise for basically 3-4 years after he was drafted.

He did? I'll give him 2016, but after that he has been average at best. He missed 6 games in 2017 because of his stupidity and immaturity. After that he somehow thought he was doing enough to warrant holding out with 2 years left on his contract and forced Jerry's hand, which resulted in one of the dumbest contracts in team history (Dak's contract is #1 in the dumb category). And then, after all this, does Zeke go out of his way to try and show the world that he deserved what he was paid? Absolutely not.

Keeping Zeke on this roster is a waste. He provides nothing to this team other than his blocking ability. But that isn't why he was paid, was it......

Vinnie2u

Reaction score

It wasn't a bad pick.. It was a terrible pick.. No running back is worth the 4th pick.. CB, DE or OL should of been the pick..

Big_D

Reaction score
12 carries, 31 yards (2.6 YPC) in the playoffs vs San Francisco.

Fewer than 4 YPC in 8 of his last 10 games.

“But he was injured!!!”

Then why did he get 18 carries in a meaningless Week 18 game, just so he could reach 1,000 yards for the season?

Because he either sucks or he’s incredibly selfish, or both.

Week 18 he had to set the tone. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Name one receiver or running back on this roster he can outrun.

Last year he was getting caught from behind routinely.

He's good in short yardage and pass pro, but otherwise there's no special in him anymore.

He’s not a home run hitter and it’s a big part of the problem specially for the workload that he gets. Some still thinking greatness is around the corner, he’s just not fast enough to get there. I can’t think of a more overhyped player. This is every offseason but no one wants to see the pattern.