News: Zeke's swan song season

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So are you saying that zeke is fast? Are you saying that Zeke is good at breaking tackles and making people miss? Are you saying Zeke is NOT overpaid?

Its called a discussion.

Is that all you can do is sit there and claim "your wrong"?

It is a waste of time with you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not offended at all. Why do you always state this? When it is not true.

Im asking you point blank questions and not only will you not answer them, but you are clearly offended.

You said point blank I am wrong. Ok, how am I wrong about Zeke?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good riddance. I hate to see talented players waste talent. Zeke could have been a HOFer. No doubt. Instead he is a salary cap albatross at 27. It is a shame.
Instead....we let the o-line degrade to zero...and abandoned the run game in favor of NCAA Mountain West passing stats. And the head coach said "I didn't do it".

We try three delayed handoffs up the clogged middle with Dak tripping over the pushed manhandled center's feet...then act like zeke sucks and the run game doesn't work.

If I were zeke i;d want traded too. Having to block TWO people ona passing play that makes Dak look good/...and people like you with ZERO appreciation....go to a team that knows how top use a rb, zeke.

Even tony get's eft. Idiot O-line and OC...and lame duck hc.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im asking you point blank questions and not only will you not answer them, but you are clearly offended.

Because you will not accept the answers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Becuase you;ve hated zeke from the get go.

You claimed Zeke was only rushing champion because of number of carries. Oh REALLY? A rushing champ can get that on LESS carries? I showed you Emmit smith's prime time number of carries and you put me on ignore PRONTO.

Mean time you constantly trample this forum's good members with insults because they disagree with you. And you wonder WHY?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see neither Pollard or Zeke being here next year. Pollard will want more money than Stephen will want to pay, and Zeke will have his Zeke season, start fresh and struggle on the back nine with fatigue and injuries, coupled with an OL that is not overpowering folks. Dallas will see what they have in Davis and probably draft a RB in top 3 rounds.
Struggle with fatigue from having to block for the offensive line all game and all season long.

Moore can't even substitute him correctly. Zeke is surrounded by idiots and that includes some fans.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I like Zeke, but in the salary cap era some concessions have to be made. I'd rather a top notch defense in lieu of a stellar running back. A couple of good running backs will do just fine. Build a great offensive line, a great defense, keep Dak and Lamb together and we should be on our way.

That's just my opinion and opinions vary.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no way.
he'll restructure.
the way jerry and stephen talk about him...even when he's not the subject...no way this is his last season.
if it was radio silence about 21...i'd agree.
this f/o loves zeke.
he ain't goin' any where.
he'll restructure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Zeke, but in the salary cap era some concessions have to be made. I'd rather a top notch defense in lieu of a stellar running back. A couple of good running backs will do just fine. Build a great offensive line, a great defense, keep Dak and Lamb together and we should be on our way.

That's just my opinion and opinions vary.
If you actually LIKE a player...the money is not a concern. I'm not even sure why money is an influence anyway.

"OOhHH we GOT to HATE this player becuase he makes too much money and we''ll never go a to a super bowl if we pay a player too much money...so let's HATE!".

I don't understand that...I think it's just an excuse to LOOK like you know football. And a "real" fan. Because you care so much about the bottom line?

Not YOU you....just in general.

erod

Reaction score
Struggle with fatigue from having to block for the offensive line all game and all season long.

Moore can't even substitute him correctly. Zeke is surrounded by idiots and that includes some fans.
Pass protection from a running back is not blocking for the offensive line.

Learn football.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If you actually LIKE a player...the money is not a concern. I'm not even sure why money is an influence anyway.

"OOhHH we GOT to HATE this player becuase he makes too much money and we''ll never go a to a super bowl if we pay a player too much money...so let's HATE!".

I don't understand that...I think it's just an excuse to LOOK like you know football. And a "real" fan. Because you care so much about the bottom line?

Not YOU you....just in general.
Like I said in another thread here recently, Dallas had a top 10 defense in 92,93 and 95. The problem with Jerry all of these last 26 years is.. he spends too much money on the offensive side of the ball. And if you're not going to feed Zeke 320 plus carries a year, like they Emmitt, then there's no need in paying Zeke. They can use that money to build a top notch defense. Let's not forget defense wins championships is a popular saying for a reason. So if Moore is not going to feed Zeke, then why should Jerry pay him?

You can't have all pros at every position and that's especially true in the salary cap era. A GM has to look at an offense and decide which positions he can get by with, without having an all pro there. So here's my question to you....what positions is good, not great, good enough at? You are the GM, which positions do you not need an all pro at?

IIRC, the Patriots had a top ten defense every time they won a SB. But how many pro bowl RB's did they have all those years? And why would the Pats have one of the highest paid RB's in the league when they were a pass happy team?

So use him or lose him. But make a choice and stick with it.

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
On this board, I see Zeke being blamed for the weather this year too.
I'm right there with you. I don't blame him for gettin' paid, I blame Jerry for doing it. I didn't like him making noise with 2 years left, but it was a smart move on his part. His style of running can take a toll quick.

I don't like the "fed me" stuff, I much prefer the Novacek way of acting like you've been there before.

But for the life of me I cannot understand how folks don't see how hard he plays. There's not a player on the team that tries any harder than Zeke does. You're gonna get all he has when he's in the game. Now is that enough? Debatable for most, but I look forward to seeing him do his thang this year.

Give me a team full off Zeke-effort guys all day long.