News: Zeke's swan song season

plasticman

Reaction score
How does Zeke's career so far compare to our HOFers first six seasons?

Rushing:

Emmitt Smith 2002 carries, 8956 yards, 4.5 average

Tony Dorsett 1545 carries, 7015 yards, 4.5 average

Ezekiel Elliott 1650 carries 7386 yards, 4.5 average

Recieving:

Emmitt Smith 301 receptions, 1951 yards, 6.5 average

Tony Dorsertt 201 receptions, 1793 yards, 8.9 average

Ezekiel Elliott 288 receptions, 2244 yards, 7.8 average

Touchdowns Scored:

Emmitt Smith 100

Tony Dorsett 51

Ezekiel Elliott 68

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right. As Zeke could be MVP of the SB, and redoes his contract for the better.
But the haters will still not like it.

But yet everyone from the team, top to bottom, players and local media say how a great teammate Zeke is, and how he really matured as a person over the last 6 years.

Brad Sham was saying this last week on NFLN. But yet no one posts these type of clips. I will need to see if it is out there anywhere.

The problem for guys like you is that Zeke DOESNT play at an MVP level. Not even close. I am probably the biggest ZEke hater on here and I would LOVE it if he actually earned his money. The fact that he doesnt is why I hate him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke will be lucky to get 1000 yards this season. I still believe running the ball will be a challenge and to score enough points to win games we’re still going to have to throw the ball often.

IF the Oline blocks well and stays healthy, ZEke doenst get hurt, and they give him 250 carries Zeke will get his yards. They give him all the redzone stuff so he will get his TD's. NO different then most other backs given that kind of opportunity in this offense.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. He loves this team and may be willing to take a pay cut. If he stays healthy, he’s going to have a big year.

This dude held out with 2 years left on a contract. There's no way in hell this greedy punk EVER considers taking a pay cut, and neither will his buddy Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem for guys like you is that Zeke DOESNT play at an MVP level. Not even close. I am probably the biggest ZEke hater on here and I would LOVE it if he actually earned his money. The fact that he doesnt is why I hate him.
He is right buddy. Everything he said was spot on. All you guys brag about anymore is Zeke's blocking ability. Thats what FB's do.

:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is slow........fact
Zeke has trouble making people miss......fact
Zeke is overpaid at 18 million.......fact
Zeke is more of a fullback...........many people have said this

You know you are wrong. You are just trying to bait me, as you do all the time, and others in a confrontation / argument.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You know you are wrong. You are just trying to bait me, as you do all the time, and others in a confrontation / argument.

So are you saying that zeke is fast? Are you saying that Zeke is good at breaking tackles and making people miss? Are you saying Zeke is NOT overpaid?

Its called a discussion.

Is that all you can do is sit there and claim "your wrong"?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it some don't like about him?

Is it being the 4th pick? Holding out with 2 years left? Because neither of those two things is about him.

I don't like the stupid "feed me" thing and am not an OSU fan but I did like watching him play. He ran with reckless abandon. He also dressed that way.

I do not know what he has left but the punishment he's taken over the years has taken its toll and he's a contact back, they don't last long in the NFL.

I find myself rooting for him just because so many seem negative about him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke will be lucky to get 1000 yards this season. I still believe running the ball will be a challenge and to score enough points to win games we’re still going to have to throw the ball often.
as was the bottom 50 rbs last year none got 1k lmao..good try go check on one leg zeke in 21 got 1k , top 7 only ONE back got over 1300yards was Talyor..that it,..not sure why the 1k thing is the only factor for zeke???
he got paid in 19 and that when the OC and OL changed drastically

check there first. Yes hes paid too much to not be the volume back but he didn't ask for that it was changed on him and around him.
check the league not a ton of backs getting 1k yards. he was averaging 1350 for his career in which he still leads the Legue in yards and scrimmage yards since 16..yes its all a zeke decline, i call it a team decline

the OC, play calling, pass happy offense, and revolving door oft changing OL, are the Real issues.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What is it some don't like about him?

Is it being the 4th pick? Holding out with 2 years left? Because neither of those two things is about him.

I don't like the stupid "feed me" thing and am not an OSU fan but I did like watching him play. He ran with reckless abandon. He also dressed that way.

I do not know what he has left but the punishment he's taken over the years has taken its toll and he's a contact back, they don't last long in the NFL.

I find myself rooting for him just because so many seem negative about him.

Aw come on man.. the Feed me thing was fun.. and when the Cowboys HAVE "fed him" the results have generally been pretty spectacular! Nobody knows how much he has left in the tank but it bears stating that he has taken more punishment stepping in front of linebackers than he ever took carrying the ball. When totin the rock he has typically been the hitTER not the hitTEE.. But truthfully the body doesn't really know the difference.. A collision is a collision. If they weren't asking him to pass block 30-40 times a game all the spelling with Pollard and sitting out 4th quarters (he had one carry or less in seven 4th quarters last season, including 0 in 5 games ) would be prolonging his career. I think what he needs to do going forward is to STOP seeking out contact and start trying to house every run. Now that it has been established that Kellen Moore is only going to hand him the ball 12-15 times a game there is no chance of "wearing the defense down" so he needs to put that thought out of his mind and just go out there trying to score every time he gets the ball. I don't know if a back can make that pivot in the middle of a career though.. I'm trying to think of a back who pulled it off and I can't really. Maybe Riggins? But Riggins went from being a 5-10 carry a game fullback to a 25-30 carry a game single back.. so that's not even apples to apples. But he definitely changed his approach to totin the rock after Gibbs made him the feature back.