Zimmer Lovers-

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
also, you never addressed this question posed to you

if Capers is so damn good as a 34 D-coordinator, then how come after 3/4 years of acquiring talent, that the Capers-led D had a worse performance this year than Zimmer's D did, in his FIRST year of running the scheme?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
also, you never addressed this question posed to you

if Capers is so damn good as a 34 D-coordinator, then how come after 3/4 years of acquiring talent, that the Capers-led D had a worse performance this year than Zimmer's D did, in his FIRST year of running the scheme?

I guess I have to spell it out for you. Some coaches make great DCs or OCs but just do not make good HCs. Capers is a great DC. But just is not a good HC. He is best when he is in charge of the D only.

But ***.....why not just say what you wanna here. Zimmer is the greatest DC the NFL has ever seen or ever will see. Zimmer has more talent in his pinky then Greg Williams and the STeelers DC put together. I know this is what you think. Zimmer can do no wrong and he is the greatest ever.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
TO ANYOE WHO WATCHES THE GAMES:

Forget all the noise about stats, well they have some validity in this argument, but let's look at it this way:

Pittsburgh has Haggans and Jerry Porter. (Combined 19.5 sacks, for you stat guys)

We have DeMarcus Ware.

When Indianapolis lined up on offense, they saw Haggans out to one side, and to the other side, there was Jerry Porter. They had to GUESS which guy was coming, if not both. Indianapolis tried to have the OT block the DE, while the guard would pull out and take the LB...that didn't work. And while they did that, they left the middle exposed, which Pittsburgh also took advantage of.

Had we been playing, I could envision Indianapolis using the same scheme, except, there was no element of surprise. Ware is coming. They know that. We know that.

Carolina has Peppers, who is one of the most dynamic pass rushers in the game, and RUcker who is no bum himself. Sure Ware is a good pass rusher, but he doesn't compare to Peppers, and Ellis doesn't compare to Mike Rucker.

So again, to restate my point, as to why these defenses are more aggressive, it's simple, they have the players to do it.

Many of you suggest that we become more innovative with our blitzes, and I totally agree with you. But who do most of you suggest we rush? Fujita wasn't very good. Singleton had no sacks, and isn't even really fit to play the 3-4. You see, it's hard to do things when your players are incapabale of actually doing them.

We will have a new OLB in this defense. Weather it's Burnett, K. Thornton, FA, or a rookie, someone new will be playing that position opposite Ware.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I guess I have to spell it out for you. Some coaches make great DCs or OCs but just do not make good HCs. Capers is a great DC. But just is not a good HC. He is best when he is in charge of the D only.

But ***.....why not just say what you wanna here. Zimmer is the greatest DC the NFL has ever seen or ever will see. Zimmer has more talent in his pinky then Greg Williams and the STeelers DC put together. I know this is what you think. Zimmer can do no wrong and he is the greatest ever.

hey, can you spell this out for me

FACTS?

no, better yet, provide me with some? :lmao:

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
hey, can you spell this out for me

FACTS?

no, better yet, provide me with some? :lmao:

9-7 record...inability to contain opposing offenses to close out games...Washington Game 1, Seattle,Giants #1...do you want more "facts"?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I'll go on record saying that I am not Zimmer's biggest fan. And if the option to bring somebody in who has more experience running the 3-4, then I am all for it.

Capers did a pretty ****ty job in Houston, and he very well could revive himself here in Dallas. And I do not oppose bringing him in either.

And yes, you do have a point, except for Seattle wasn't Zimmer. If you remember correctly, Cortez missed a huge FG, and that allowed Seattle to score.

I don't really know if I would blame the 1st Washington game entirely on Zimmer....Roy Williams had 1 job. Dont let anyone get behind you, and that didn't happen.

If you want to blame 9-7 on Zimmer before things like the OL, the injury to Henry, and the lack of another edge rusher, then you are right, but believe me, there were bigger reasons that we went 9-7/

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pbthal said:
9-7 record...inability to contain opposing offenses to close out games...Washington Game 1, Seattle,Giants #1...do you want more "facts"?

from 16th ranked D to 10th, and all the defensive rankings improved from last year

in a new scheme

my facts bury yours

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
from 16th ranked D to 10th, and all the defensive rankings improved from last year

in a new scheme

my facts bury yours

Fact. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. Payton Manning does not. So that means Trent Dilfer is a better QB then Payton Manning.

Alota times facts dont mean crap.

blindzebra

Reaction score
pbthal said:

WAS averaged 22.4 points per game, we held them to 14.

SEA averaged 28.2 we held them to 13.

NYG averaged 26.4 we held them to 13.

Yet more nonsense blowing up in all your faces.

Present a logical argument or just go away, this is beyond easy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Fact. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. Payton Manning does not. So that means Trent Dilfer is a better QB then Payton Manning.

so according to you, all facts mean crap :lmao:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Even when you come back with something that is somewhat witty, it has no weight in the current debate.

Again, you are not addressing the argument at hand. Though your point was very cute, it has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

Let me lay it down for you, we are asking you to explain to us WHY Zimmer is so bad. Im not saying there aren't better DC out there, you seem to be missing that point. None of us are denying this.

However, you have a blind hatred towards Zimmer. Consider some more facts. We have a mediocre running game throughout most of the year. That never helps your D, yet we do a very good job against very good offenses.

You have no statistacal evidence to back up your claim. You really haven't ever made a good case as to why Zimmer is so bad. All you bring out is an agenda. "ZIMMER NEEDS TO GO!"

Here, check this out:

"Wolverine needs to go BECAUSE he does not stop posting about TO and Mike Zimmer"

PS. Trent Dilfer probably is a better QB than Payton Manning, Peyton Manning, thats another debate.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
so according to you, all facts mean crap :lmao:

Well since facts mean so much then you should agree that Trent Dilfer is a better QB then Payton Manning. I mean like Dilfer does have a Super Bowl ring and Manning does not....that is a fact.

So if we go by facts you have to follow your own advice and go by facts. And that would be that you think Dilfer is better then Manning.

Really it is a fact that Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and Manning does not.

If is also a fact that Donovan McNabb has no Super Bowl ring. So that would mean that it is a fact that Dilfer is also a better QB then McNabb.

You wanna go by facts. Well those are facts.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Well since facts mean so much then you should agree that Trent Dilfer is a better QB then Payton Manning. I mean like Dilfer does have a Super Bowl ring and Manning does not....that is a fact.

So if we go by facts you have to follow your own advice and go by facts. And that would be that you think Dilfer is better then Manning.

If is also a fact that Donovan McNabb has no Super Bowl ring. So that would mean that it is a fact that Dilfer is also a better QB then McNabb.

:lmao:

here's another fact

I win

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

You still haven't responded to me....

Here's a concept you might want to consider using in our analysis of things:
The weighing of QUALITATIVE and QUANTITATIVE Evidence.

You should really get back to all of us when you garner some knowledge of actual football, not when you are out regurgetating what you read others saying on here, and agendas, which you seem to not give a rest to at all.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

in a new scheme

my facts bury yours

9-7 sittin at home for the playoffs after a 7-3 start, try that fact on for size

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pbthal said:
9-7 sittin at home for the playoffs after a 7-3 start, try that fact on for size

you can't directly correlate the regular season collapse to the D's performance

nice try though

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
pbthal said:

Washington Game 1 allowed 14 points Aaron Glenn got burned

Seattle Allowed 13 points 7 points on an Aaron Glenn PI that gave them 40 yards 3 more on an INT - 23 yard drive for 3 ,

Giants game 1 allowed 13 points - 3 points off a 7 yard drive, another 3 on a 5 yard drive

Maybe you should look on the offensive side of the ball for problems eh

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
btw, the regular season collapse has no direct meaning with how well Zimmer ran the 3-4 scheme in it's 1st year, but my facts do