Zimmer on Mazi

phildadon86

Reaction score
I suspect that they will use a high pick on a runningback next year.
You are right. They will. because they refuse to use FA to address needs, and didnt use not 1 but 2 drafts to bring a RB in. So now they have to react and waste a top pick on a back.

They obviously know what they are doing though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mazi’s rookie season was worse than Taco’s. I see little hope with Mazi. He’s looking like a huge bust.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dumb coaching
He couldn’t do what they were asking of him and apparently Zimmer will use him like he was used in college. We’ll know early in the season if he’s starting to come around or he was huge mistake. I have little confidence he will develop into a good player.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You saw what they did with linebacker this year. It makes me think they will get a good runner on a rookie deal next year. It looks like they added 3 good olinemen this year and a good blocking tight end. I'm thinking top picks next year will be dline, running back, and receiver.
I love that you brought this up after defending the Schoonmaker pick so vehemently.

Maybe instead of a TE they werent going to use, and who was 25 years old they should have drafted one of the RBs in last years deeper class?

Or you cant say that because thats admitting they made a mistake and god forbid you do that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I love that you brought this up after defending the Schoonmaker pick so vehemently.

Maybe instead of a TE they werent going to use, and who was 25 years old they should have drafted one of the RBs in last years deeper class?

Or you cant say that because thats admitting they made a mistake and god forbid you do that.
The Jones' had to know we were not going to resign Pollard, so how did they plan his departure?

About the same way we are planning for Dak's.

GM of the year coming up!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He couldn’t do what they were asking of him and apparently Zimmer will use him like he was used in college. We’ll know early in the season if he’s starting to come around or he was huge mistake. I have little confidence he will develop into a good player.
yeah it's not looking good

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zimmer asked Mazi what weight he was most comfortable with. He responded with a weight of 305.

That's the weight he'll play with to start. If that's what he's most comfortable with, it should work out.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think they wanted him to be a pass rusher and that’s not his game. He a big body, or was when we drafted him whose strength is just taking up space. He’s too slow off the snaps to beat anyone on a pass rush
He’s a big body A gap DT.

Zimmers scheme puts the DT in the B gap.

DEs are in the C Gap.

He likely doesn’t make it here.

They should trade him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Mazi was obviously capable of being a 1st round pick. Let's hope there's enough left in him to return his performance to a #1 level of play!:thumbup:
Now that his weight is getting back on track, it'll be up to Zimmer to encourage Mazi to perform as a guy who is deserving of such respect! :starspin:
He’s a late 2nd rounder.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Dan Quinn was a huge part of our success here for a few years, but it was also a huge part of our going soft at the end of the season last year and our collapse versus Green Bay.

There was nothing stout about Dan Quinn.

I loved Zimmer when he was here back in the day, but I’ll tell you I want it Rex Ryan for the job however I can’t tell you how happy I am that Zimmer and has taken over the defense.

Maybe just maybe a lot of the guys they let go on defense also quit along with Dan Quinn brutal day we lost to Green Bay one which I’ll probably never forget.

House cleaned

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ouch -- I hope Mazi reads this and gets highly pissed off -- then we'll see the real Mazi come forth. Yeah, that's the ticket! :flagwave:

B-b-but he likes to hit people, even though he doesn't like football very much -- wondering what that actually means, however!
I admit that part bothers me a little bit...... Doesn't like football, just likes hitting people??? I'm with you, gotta wonder what that really means.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I admit that part bothers me a little bit...... Doesn't like football, just likes hitting people??? I'm with you, gotta wonder what that really means.
Well if you are just eating up doubles teams all day long, I can understand that.