Zoners: Cowboys and Romo SU$K!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Manster54;2680076 said:
Hey Crazy,

You are way uptight tonight. Bill says cannonball it!

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:7eH-WzfWRpdj-M:http://i54.***BLOCKED***/albums/g82/jubjub2112/CaddyShackBillMurrayUnkempt.jpg

LOL :lmao2:

thanks bud....

Go Cowboys!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GalvestonCowboyFan;2680070 said:
LOL, You're not a happy drunk, are you? CC, we all respect you for your loyalty to the Boys... somehow it is obvious, even though all of us, to be posting here, are pretty fanatic about our team, that you take it a step or two further than most. Thing is, that means that the highs are higher and the lows are lower for you.
If you're trying to find a way to look at things that helps you deal with today, its this:
Every other period in the Cowboys' history (except for a couple of years in the sixties and the eighties) it has been easier to root for them than for just about any other team. They were winning most games, they had great coaches and players that were easy to pull for, and they usually dominated in the playoffs and at least contended for the title. All this time, even great organizations like the 49ers and the Packers had to put up with decades of mostly crappy teams in between the eras of Tittle/Starr and Montana/Favre, for example. We didn't have to go through much of that, and it might have made us fans a little bit soft. We never earned our fanhood through thick and thin before. Now, we're earning it! We've had a 14 year SB drought... and the next one is gonna taste SO SWEET! And make no mistake about it, we will win another one soon... of course I can't guarantee one this year or next, but, like you said, we're in contention just because of our talent (and I'll add that another reason we're in contention is because of the committment and resources of our owner). Talent is the hard part of putting and holding a team together. And it sounds like the team aspect of everything is a priority at Valley Ranch right now, so there's no good reason to expect things to stay as bad as they were last year. And let's not forget, last year we were still REALLY close to getting in to the playoffs... where all bets are off. If we can get that close, and now we're fixing a few things... we have a good reason at least to hope for the best. And, like I said, every year that we go through that sucks like last year is that much more relief when we do win again!

P.S. And we aren't Lions fans!
Damn, that's a good post.

Aces man, aces.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
LOL, holy ****. I've drank quite a few beers over this team being a disappointemnt. I feel your pain! We're on the upswing though. You just wait. 2009 is going to be a helluva season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2680081 said:
I like that!

You understand a little about where I am coming from!

Go Cowboys!:starspin
Sure thing, "Crazy"Cowboy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
GalvestonCowboyFan;2680070 said:
LOL, You're not a happy drunk, are you? CC, we all respect you for your loyalty to the Boys... somehow it is obvious, even though all of us, to be posting here, are pretty fanatic about our team, that you take it a step or two further than most. Thing is, that means that the highs are higher and the lows are lower for you.
If you're trying to find a way to look at things that helps you deal with today, its this:
Every other period in the Cowboys' history (except for a couple of years in the sixties and the eighties) it has been easier to root for them than for just about any other team. They were winning most games, they had great coaches and players that were easy to pull for, and they usually dominated in the playoffs and at least contended for the title. All this time, even great organizations like the 49ers and the Packers had to put up with decades of mostly crappy teams in between the eras of Tittle/Starr and Montana/Favre, for example. We didn't have to go through much of that, and it might have made us fans a little bit soft. We never earned our fanhood through thick and thin before. Now, we're earning it! We've had a 14 year SB drought... and the next one is gonna taste SO SWEET! And make no mistake about it, we will win another one soon... of course I can't guarantee one this year or next, but, like you said, we're in contention just because of our talent (and I'll add that another reason we're in contention is because of the committment and resources of our owner). Talent is the hard part of putting and holding a team together. And it sounds like the team aspect of everything is a priority at Valley Ranch right now, so there's no good reason to expect things to stay as bad as they were last year. And let's not forget, last year we were still REALLY close to getting in to the playoffs... where all bets are off. If we can get that close, and now we're fixing a few things... we have a good reason at least to hope for the best. And, like I said, every year that we go through that sucks like last year is that much more relief when we do win again!

P.S. And we aren't Lions fans!

Lol......thank you for taking the time to put these thoughts through the key pad.

I understand everything you stated.....and it is valid.

This year hurts like no other year?

Why?

Expectations?

Super Bowl by every expert out there worth their weight in water......

I will get over it everntually.......always have and always will...until I die....I will bleed BLUE.

But, I deserve to be disappointed.

I love me some Cowboys and look forward to the draft so I can move on to my next super bowl prediction win of the boys!:cool:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Jon88;2680087 said:
LOL, holy ****. I've drank quite a few beers over this team being a disappointemnt. I feel your pain! We're on the upswing though. You just wait. 2009 is going to be a helluva season.

I agree.....just be in control of your DRINING and don't let it change your life :starspin

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Manster54;2680071 said:
I wouldn't go that far, BUT it sure beats another T.O. rerun thread of the same arguments OVER & OVER & OVER.

Hey Crazy, what's wrong with the People's Republic of Maryland?
:laugh2:

I called them up.....their biggest compliant.....they CANNOT beat DUKE!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CC has finally noticed the futility of Dallas Cowboy football. The end is nigh!

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2680095 said:
I agree.....just be in control of your DRINING and don't let it change your life :starspin

Good advice. 2009 is our year.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy,

This season will be a great season. We'll get that elusive playoff victory this season, and get our 6th Lombardi.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2680110 said:
CrazyCowboy,

This season will be a great season. We'll get that elusive playoff victory this season, and get our 6th Lombardi.

Wow, that's alot right there.

You promise???

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2680073 said:
There's nothing wrong with being disappointed. I am disappointed. However, don't be disillusioned. That means don't convince yourself that the future is certain. You have no idea how this team will do in 2009 and beyond and neither does anyone else who draws breath. I guarantee you that the 53 men who lace up their cleats in 2009 have not given up. Nor should you.

This is a proud franchise. Pride comes when it has a reason to exist. Even if all you ever have is the glorious past of this franchise there is no reason whatsoever to forget that you are a Cowboys fan and that counts for something.

It has been a long dry spell. Let me remind you that from Super Bowl XII to Super Bowl XXVII we waited 15 years. Yes, we won some post season games in between that gap, but honestly does that make the interim results more palatable? Not to me. 15 years without hoisting a Lombardi trophy was painful.

Then we got a taste of dynasty and we lost perspective. 3 Lombardi trophies in 4 years spoiled us to the point of curdling. Have we really forgotten the sweetness of ending that 15 year gap? I haven't.

We're on a 14 year gap now. I see a team on the rise not a team with a fast closing window. Yes, there have been disappointments and 2008 was the worst one of my 38 years as a Cowboys fan. No doubt about it. But all it does is make me long for the sweet feeling of relief when that drought is over. It doesn't make me duck my head in shame to any other football team's fans.

What have they given you since 1995? An all time rushing champion. 7 great men in the Ring of Honor. With Bob Hayes this year, 5 great men in the Hall of Fame and Emmitt on the horizon next year. Quality men like Jason Witten, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, and DeMarcus Ware among others who are worthy of the adulation we fans heap on players for the entertainment they provide us.

What have they given you in return for 110% committment? They've bled on the field, sweat on the field, and even left their bodies torn on that field to entertain you and me and all these legions of fans. Have you given more than Michael Irvin who was driven into the turf and luckily did not end up a quadraplegic? Have you given more than Tex Schramm and Tom Landry who gave their lives to make this team great? Give me a sound reason to turn your back on the men who have served this team with honor and been heroes to millions.

What have you gotten back? A forum of friends who suffer with you.

What have you gotten back? Good times and bad. You make the choice to focus on the Bitterness. No one can force open your jaws and pour that hemlock in.

One time a friend of mine was having a bad time. He spent the last dime he had on a trip home to see his Dad who was his source of strength and comfort. One night they were out walking together and he finally let out his frustration. He said, "you know Dad, if you took all the great times in our lives and put them back to back the highlight film would only last 15 minutes." His Dad shocked him when he simply said, "yep." He looked at his Dad, a man who had given a part of his body to this country in time of war. He was shocked because his Dad is about fighting, not accepting. His Dad then remarked, "precious, aren't they?"

Damn right the good times are precious. That's what makes them great.

You can sop up your whiskey and focus on the 110% you've given and the lack of return for your investment if you wish. That's your choice. But no one can make you feel miserable without your consent.

Duck your head to no man. You serve this country and you root for a team worthy of your hopes, dreams, and expectations. Only one team per year goes home happy. The happy feels better when the wait is long.

14 years. Is it over this year? Does it wait until next year? Does it wait 10 more years. No one knows. Especially Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo, and Jim Beam. Know this, in 2009 men wearing blue and silver and a star on their helmets will break their bodies to try and make you proud. What have they given you? The same thing our soldiers do at times. Their very health and well being.

You can be grateful or miserable. That's on you and you alone.

Great post Hos,

This read really does ease my pain........and I am sobering up some.

We're on a 14 year gap now. I see a team on the rise not a team with a fast closing window. Yes, there have been disappointments and 2008 was the worst one of my 38 years as a Cowboys fan. No doubt about it. But all it does is make me long for the sweet feeling of relief when that drought is over. It doesn't make me duck my head in shame to any other football team's fans.

What a long gap? I have seen a team on a rise for 3 yrs. My worst year also Hos in approx 38 yrs........I will NEVER duck my head in shame....get that straight Hos........I LOVE THE COWBOYS and folks who know me will tell you I have NEVER been ashamed of my COWBOYS.....the word is DISAPPOINTED....that I am.

What have they given you in return for 110% committment? They've bled on the field, sweat on the field, and even left their bodies torn on that field to entertain you and me and all these legions of fans. Have you given more than Michael Irvin who was driven into the turf and luckily did not end up a quadraplegic? Have you given more than Tex Schramm and Tom Landry who gave their lives to make this team great? Give me a sound reason to turn your back on the men who have served this team with honor and been heroes to millions.

Yes, as a fan, I have given my heart and sole.....just if given the chance....like Coach Landry and GM TEX and our best to date WR Irvin.......as a fan....I would make the HOF fan for the Cowboys....that will not EVER change.....but, it will weigh on your heart.....am I guilty of that? Yes......but, I will recover and be ready for training camp in S.A.

I did not or will I TURN MY BACK ON MY COWBOYS.....and if you thought that pls re-read my post.....and if you get the same results......it is because I am a hillbilley who cannot articulate on a computer key board exactly what is on the mind......for that I apologize!

My best friend.....about to be ex.....;-) is a Steeler fan....this may help you understand WHY i decided to have an extra beer tonight......I DO NOT HAVE A drinking problem.....but, I just let myself go tonight and started thinking about this awful season.....that is all.

I LOVE MY COWBOYS and will never DUCK to any FAN--PERIOD:starspin

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Here's one that will cheer ya up, maybe two:

RW11 has better hands than TO, he's just as fast, and he's younger!!!:starspin

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2680110 said:
CrazyCowboy,

I LOVE YOU MAN! LOL

Hope you are right!

This sounds like some of my predictions 13 yrs ago lol

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2680098 said:
CC has finally noticed the futility of Dallas Cowboy football. The end is nigh!

LOL ......it is not that bad bbgun........don't fret ;-)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2680127 said:
Here's one that will cheer ya up, maybe two:

RW11 has better hands than TO, he's just as fast, and he's younger!!!:starspin

two outta three aint bad.....(who wrote a song about that?)

give me an example of how/why/where/when RW11 is just as fast as T.O.

I DO NOT believe it....and challenge anyone to prove it.

who can compare their 40 yd dash times.

I am all EYES!

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
LOL CC,

my words of wisdom to ya

Some drink to remember, some drink to forget, some like me drink because I really like Guinness.

I hoped that helps.

Go Cowboys....

by the way my friend we have Tony Romo at QB and that alone should put a smile on your face.

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile;2680073 said:
There's nothing wrong with being disappointed. I am disappointed. However, don't be disillusioned. That means don't convince yourself that the future is certain. You have no idea how this team will do in 2009 and beyond and neither does anyone else who draws breath. I guarantee you that the 53 men who lace up their cleats in 2009 have not given up. Nor should you.

This is a proud franchise. Pride comes when it has a reason to exist. Even if all you ever have is the glorious past of this franchise there is no reason whatsoever to forget that you are a Cowboys fan and that counts for something.

It has been a long dry spell. Let me remind you that from Super Bowl XII to Super Bowl XXVII we waited 15 years. Yes, we won some post season games in between that gap, but honestly does that make the interim results more palatable? Not to me. 15 years without hoisting a Lombardi trophy was painful.

Then we got a taste of dynasty and we lost perspective. 3 Lombardi trophies in 4 years spoiled us to the point of curdling. Have we really forgotten the sweetness of ending that 15 year gap? I haven't.

What have they given you since 1995? An all time rushing champion. 7 great men in the Ring of Honor. With Bob Hayes this year, 5 great men in the Hall of Fame and Emmitt on the horizon next year. Quality men like Jason Witten, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, and DeMarcus Ware among others who are worthy of the adulation we fans heap on players for the entertainment they provide us.

What have you gotten back? A forum of friends who suffer with you.

What have you gotten back? Good times and bad. You make the choice to focus on the Bitterness. No one can force open your jaws and pour that hemlock in.

One time a friend of mine was having a bad time. He spent the last dime he had on a trip home to see his Dad who was his source of strength and comfort. One night they were out walking together and he finally let out his frustration. He said, "you know Dad, if you took all the great times in our lives and put them back to back the highlight film would only last 15 minutes." His Dad shocked him when he simply said, "yep." He looked at his Dad, a man who had given a part of his body to this country in time of war. He was shocked because his Dad is about fighting, not accepting. His Dad then remarked, "precious, aren't they?"

Damn right the good times are precious. That's what makes them great.

You can sop up your whiskey and focus on the 110% you've given and the lack of return for your investment if you wish. That's your choice. But no one can make you feel miserable without your consent.

Duck your head to no man. You serve this country and you root for a team worthy of your hopes, dreams, and expectations. Only one team per year goes home happy. The happy feels better when the wait is long.

14 years. Is it over this year? Does it wait until next year? Does it wait 10 more years. No one knows. Especially Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo, and Jim Beam. Know this, in 2009 men wearing blue and silver and a star on their helmets will break their bodies to try and make you proud. What have they given you? The same thing our soldiers do at times. Their very health and well being.

You can be grateful or miserable. That's on you and you alone.

Sometimes the sheer force of truth will make you do things you otherwise wouldn't do, such as admitting this:

THAT is one cogent, coherent, and compelling piece of prose.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zaxor;2680139 said:
LOL CC,

my words of wisdom to ya

Some drink to remember, some drink to forget, some like me drink because I really like Guinness.

I hoped that helps.

Go Cowboys....

by the way my friend we have Tony Romo at QB and that alone should put a smile on your face.

LOL good one Zaxor......and i love me some MOXIE also!

I would not trade him for ANYONE!

He is the QB of Americas Team!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
mperfection;2680140 said:
Sometimes the sheer force of truth will make you do things you otherwise wouldn't do, such as admitting this:

THAT is one cogent, coherent, and compelling piece of prose.

:lombardi: Yes, you are correct.....Hos always puts me back on the yellow brick road .....Go Cowboys!