2010 Winter Olympics

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Too bad, but that was a great game and the USA played great. Just wasn't meant to be this time.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Gongrats to both teams. The US squad showed more heart than any team in the tournament in my opinion. Glad Miller got the MVP.

Canada did what they were supposed to do. Good on them.

The fact that Crysby scored that final goal will leave a sour taste in my mouth though....he'll be a national diety...even though he's more like a national diva.

Hell of a game.

Ren

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3290607 said:
I was going to ask some of you hardcore hockey guys what you thought about this game. I don't like the NHL but in the Olympics it's fun to watch. I don't know enough to know what's really good hockey, though.

I do know I knocked over my chair when we scored with 24 secs left!

There's no such thing as good hockey :laugh1:

good game though

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
4 on 4 played right into Canada's hands - they have more play makers on their team and 4/4 means plenty of space to work with.

Good job USA, very fun ride!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well gotta wait 4 more years before I watch another hockey match.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Congrats to team USA - you guys put up a great fight pushing us to overtime.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Eskimo;3290661 said:
Congrats to team USA - you guys put up a great fight pushing us to overtime.

Awww crud, I missed it??? I thought it came on at 5:30 Eastern. Oh well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;3290469 said:
CCF has gotten under some of your skins and I would say justifiably so with some definite anti-Americanism. I won't defend his words at all as much of it is indefensible.

However, I would like to point out a couple of things. The "own the podium" program grew out of a frustration of lack of funding for Canadian athletes who could not compete on a level playing field with the best of the world in terms of equipment, trainers and coaching. The stated goal was to win the most medals and it is a good goal to work towards in the future even though it did not happen this time. The purpose was not say some ultra-nationalist BS that might come out of say China or USSR or East Germany who have used the games in the past as a form of propaganda to demostrate their superiority over the rest of the world. We just want to try and be amongst the best of the world and now going by the last 3 winter Olympics we are up there with the best.

I think the attitude of Canadians to visitors around the world has been very welcoming. All visitors and athletes from around the world were treated with respect and cheered for their accomplishments here - including the multiple medal winners from your country. There shouldn't be animosity based on the words of one ******* on the internet.

In terms of representing Canada, CCF does not represent Canada anymore than say some random scum in prison would represent the USA.

:hammer: I don't get souring on a whole country of millions upon millions of people because of just one person.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Wow, great game, fun to watch from beginning to end. You gotta love championship games, that come down to the last seconds to end in a tie, then require a sudden-death OT.

Congrats to the Canadians.

USA gave 'em all they wanted and just came up a whisker short. They have nothing to be embarrassed about.

I gotta say, I'm fer sure gonna make some vacation plans for Vancouver ASAP! I think I'll try and time a trip for the height of the spring salmon runs. ~yum-o~ ;)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Nice win for us. Crosby came through when he had to and is a national hero now (moreso than before).

Too bad Tomson75 takes the internet so seriously that he hates an entire country over comments posted on webboard.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
How many gold medals does the US have if we count Canada as the 51st state?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3290704 said:
Nice win for us. Crosby came through when he had to and is a national hero now (moreso than before).

Too bad Tomson75 takes the internet so seriously that he hates an entire country over comments posted on webboard.

Typical childish exaggeration coming from you....

Why don't you grow a pair and address my comments like a man instead of a child?

Eskimo

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3290688 said:
Wow, great game, fun to watch from beginning to end. You gotta love championship games, that come down to the last seconds to end in a tie, then require a sudden-death OT.

Congrats to the Canadians.

USA gave 'em all they wanted and just came up a whisker short. They have nothing to be embarrassed about.

I gotta say, I'm fer sure gonna make some vacation plans for Vancouver ASAP! I think I'll try and time a trip for the height of the spring salmon runs. ~yum-o~ ;)

Yep, that was a regular :) humdinger.

Vancouver is one of the nicer cities in the world. I lived there a couple of years in my early 20s when I was in school. The best time to go is from about mid-June to mid-September to get the best weather.

The only problem is wild salmon stocks are really dwindling so expect to pay a fair bit for it. The farmed stuff is okay, but it's not quite the same thing.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Congrats to the normal Canadians. Heck of a game. But as one of your countrymen said a few days ago...The best team usually loses.

:laugh2:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Eskimo;3290469 said:
In terms of representing Canada, CCF does not represent Canada anymore than say some random scum in prison would represent the USA.

:lmao:

I love the comparison.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3290731 said:
Congrats to the normal Canadians. Heck of a game. But as one of your countrymen said a few days ago...The best team usually loses.

:laugh2:

Offensive talent wise, the best team did lose - the Russians. While they had the most flash, they didn't play together well as a team and that was their downfall.

Top to bottom talent is still probably Canada.

The US is constantly getting better and it won't be too long before you will be legitimate world hockey superpower on a consistent basis. The NCAA is a great breeding ground and we don't have quite the equivalent of it up here. We have something called major junior hockey (you guys have a few franchises too) but it involves kids leaving home at age 16 and is a bit tough on the youngster who essentially commit to full-time hockey at that age.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Not just because of winning the hockey Gold...but I could not be anymore proud of my country. I am proud of what we stand for and how we carried ourselves. It's not as sexy as the American's do it sometimes, but it's honest and real and I love it. This whole Olympics was very galvanizing for this nation and it was great to see us with some swagger, waiving our flag and being unabashedly proud to be Canadian.